CNN, Shocked: There Are No US Troops in Haiti!

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
I would imagine you hve documentation of Haitians...battling for survival stating that they are leery of recieving US Aid. As a matter of fact the Haitian President said...

"We need emergency aid from the United States and other nations"

Really? Are they stopping economic aid coming in from China and other South American countries?

Just bitter propoganda from you. You hate that we do this.

No, aid from anyplace is welcome after any natural disaster.
My posts have been more in the line with why are they so poor in the first place, this disaster didn't move them closer to the US so they are easier to reach. Practically living on the beach of the richest country today (until the national debt is taken into account) yet they are the poorest in the western part of the world. Less than 20 years ago they were important enough to mobilize a military force of 30,000.

Now say that aid had been coming in from the US (taxpayers, the politicians spend not one dime) for the last 20 years. One of their exports is cement, think every person living there is living in a cement building. (resistant to falling down on the ones inside). No money for that but the heads of state live like the wealthy in any country.
That is that way because that is the way the US wants it. Let me guess that $100 million will be distributed to American companies who show up with products that are recently banned or phased out in America. That is just the way America has conducted herself in the past, it isn't going to change.

Haiti hasn't been in the news very much, one like I posted said that US intervention started about 1990, the target of the US was an elected government that was making progress against the 'elite' and favoring the very poorest. Are you saying US policy in that regard has changed concerning Haiti?

Last edited:

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Haiti is one of the poorest countries and as you are pointing out we are the most evil country.

Why didn't Canada save Haiti? Who was stopping Canada from helping them to be at least in par with everyone else in the Western Hemisphere? Haiti all of a sudden seems so important to you.

Or is it that you just love ripping on the United States at every chance and could care less about Haiti? As soon as you heard about the US helping Haiti you ran to the internet for an opportunity to trash the US.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
No, aid from anyplace is welcome after any natural disaster.
My posts have been more in the line with why are they so poor in the first place, this disaster didn't move them closer to the US so they are easier to reach. Practically living on the beach of the richest country today (until the national debt is taken into account) yet they are the poorest in the western part of the world. Less than 20 years ago they were important enough to mobilize a military force of 30,000.

Now say that aid had been coming in from the US (taxpayers, the politicians spend not one dime) for the last 20 years. One of their exports is cement, think every person living there is living in a cement building. (resistant to falling down on the ones inside). No money for that but the heads of state live like the wealthy in any country.
That is that way because that is the way the US wants it. Let me guess that $100 million will be distributed to American companies who show up with products that are recently banned or phased out in America. That is just the way America has conducted herself in the past, it isn't going to change.

Haiti hasn't been in the news very much, one like I posted said that US intervention started about 1990, the target of the US was an elected government that was making progress against the 'elite' and favoring the very poorest. Are you saying US policy in that regard has changed concerning Haiti?

So MHz, have you made a significant donation???

If you have, thank you.....

If you haven't, do.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Apparently most Canadians are pouring their money ind the Dominican or Jamaica or Cuba. We aren't very noble towards people we see as being 'under us'.

What you don't understand about me is that I don't see the US as being the pinnacle of evil, or even being the biggest bully. It is easy to did facts up though.
Just using the past relationship between Haiti and the US going back 100 years shows that one Nation cam exert more influence on the other, at any time it wishes. Resistance is not viewed as being a right they have. What you don't see is that there are forces that exist today that could implode America in a heartbeat. Call in all loans due to the 5 biggest banks in the world and USA= poof, Canada=poof, any Nation that has debt=poof. So while your many weapons of war may give you comfort it makes you no stronger against banks that Haiti is against a military force from the US. The US is a victim who has yet to realize that fact.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Those are just historical facts. Compare the differences between Haiti and their neighbors, the Dominican Republic, to see how differently they have been treated. One is a playground for foreign tourists (who own just about everything of any value) and the other has been kept from advancing themselves on their own.
Ahhh. Like Germany, Japan, etc. Yeah, none of those have anything developed by themselves. :roll:
that is the US way of doing things. Why not have the UN start a bank account for Haiti and all donations will have no name beside the deposit slip. ( I know, who is going to watch the UN when it is also subject to outside influences)
Um, there already are people donating to UNICEF and the like.:roll:

Last edited by a moderator:

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
I would imagine you hve documentation of Haitians...battling for survival stating that they are leery of recieving US Aid. As a matter of fact the Haitian President said...

"We need emergency aid from the United States and other nations"

Really? Are they stopping economic aid coming in from China and other South American countries?

Just bitter propoganda from you. You hate that we do this.
Yeah, I wonder how much aid for Haiti could be aboard the USS Carl Vinson and how many times the aid would be rejected by Haitians.

jsiooa

Time Out
Aug 5, 2009
The moon is made of green cheese.

Venezuelan rescuers load medical equipment onto a plane heading to Port-au-Prince, Haiti, on January 13, 2010 at the Simon Bolivar international airport in Caracas, following a huge quake which rocked the impoverished Caribbean nation, toppling buildings and leaving hundreds of people missing and feared dead.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Haiti is one of the poorest countries and as you are pointing out we are the most evil country.

Why didn't Canada save Haiti? Who was stopping Canada from helping them to be at least in par with everyone else in the Western Hemisphere? Haiti all of a sudden seems so important to you.

Or is it that you just love ripping on the United States at every chance and could care less about Haiti? As soon as you heard about the US helping Haiti you ran to the internet for an opportunity to trash the US.
... and why hadn't any other country pull Haiti out of its misery? China? UK? Brazil? The Vatican?

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
Wrong as usual.

Also Venezuela has medical personnel/troops helping in Haiti.

"We can't bust heads like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to tell them stories that don't go anywhere, like the time I caught the ferry over to Shelbyville. I needed a new heel for my shoe, so I decided to go to Morganville, which is what they called Shelbyville in those days. So I tied an onion to my belt, which was the style at the time. Now, to take the ferry cost a nickel, and in those days nickels had pictures of bumblebees on them. 'Give me five bees for a quarter,' you'd say. Now, where were we? Oh, yeah. The important thing was that I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. They didn't have white onions because of the war. The only thing you could get were those big, yellow ones..."

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
To anyone who cares (and I'm assuming that many of you do) here is the latest action being taken by our government:
The federal government has begun airlifting Canadians from Haiti, and may institute a humanitarian immigration program to allow hundreds or thousands of Haitians into Canada.

The first 100 Canadians removed from Haiti by Canadian military are en route to Montreal via the Dominican Republic and are scheduled to arrive at 10:05 PM. ET Thursday at Pierre Trudeau International airport.

"Over the next few days, we hope to evacuate as many Canadians as possible," Foreign Affairs Minister Lawrence Cannon said.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
To anyone who cares (and I'm assuming that many of you do) here is the latest action being taken by our government:
The federal government has begun airlifting Canadians from Haiti, and may institute a humanitarian immigration program to allow hundreds or thousands of Haitians into Canada.

The first 100 Canadians removed from Haiti by Canadian military are en route to Montreal via the Dominican Republic and are scheduled to arrive at 10:05 PM. ET Thursday at Pierre Trudeau International airport.

"Over the next few days, we hope to evacuate as many Canadians as possible," Foreign Affairs Minister Lawrence Cannon said.
Thank you for remembering the topic, VI. :)

Rescue teams flow into Haiti ready to help:

Rescue teams pour into Haiti

Rescue teams pour into Haiti

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Meanwhile back to the subject of Haiti, I was sure relieved to get the news that the highschool kids from Nelson are alive and well. I'm not sure if it's the facts of their behaviour or the way the news was presented but it sure would have been nice to hear they were "grinning and bearing it" and recogzing the hundreds of thousands right there who need help so much worse than they. Apparently they went down there to dig a well, so it wouldn't have been a bad idea for them to pick up shovels and start digging that well. They are probably going to be there for a few weeks anyway so may as well do something useful.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
There is good pot grown in Haiti so there must be a few hundred DEA types around. Perhaps they could do something useful for a change.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island

According to the local radio station there has also been a Canadian Navy ship loaded with supplies and pers. dispatched.