China Tells Obama To Shut Up

Misty666

Time Out
Aug 23, 2012
It's really all a joke the A##holes at the top built China up just like the British built up Japan in the late 19th century and early 20th century and lost an Empire as a result. The Clowns ruling us never learn!

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
8O..........At first glance it appeared "our" China was telling Obama to shut up. Probably got the 'Bammers attention.

no, eh.?

ah well.

Mebeee I should read the OP...................nah.:lol:

We can thank that SOB Obama for that. He's a warmonger. The Chinese will eat his lunch.

Fried chicken........num num.:smile:

The US would have to borrow money from China just to go to war with China.. lol

Or to go to war with Syria even..............coming soon.

MapleDog

Time Out
Jun 1, 2012
St Calixte Quebec Canada
I don't know why,but i have that old Star Trek episode in mind.

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
The US is claims they can send military vessels into Chinese territorial waters, but China can't send their military vessels into US territorial waters. I don't subscribe to the US being able to have its cake and eat it to.

I'd like to see how the US would react if Chinese military vessels tried to use the US Inter-coastal waterway.

Since the US is not a member of the United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea, China does not have to allow American military vessels to use navigable waterways within China's territory. If the US signs the Law of the Sea, then US military vessels would have just as much right to use international waterways within Chinese territory as Chinese military vessels would have in American territory.
Territorial disputes in the South China Sea - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The fact is China has established a village on these islands, just like Canada has outposts and villages in our far north. Its in Canada's best interest that the US and other nations respect those Chinese outposts and villages if we expect the US and other nations to respect Canadian outposts and villages.

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
BEIJING -- Mitt Romney’s tough talk on China is getting more pushback from authorities in Beijing.

The official New China news agency responded Friday with an editorial calling Romney’s remarks “as false as they are foolish” and saying that it is “ironic that a considerable portion of this China-battering politician's wealth was actually obtained by doing business with Chinese companies before he entered politics.”

The editorial warned that if Romney’s “mud-slinging tactics were to become U.S. government policies, a trade war would be very likely to break out between the world's top two economies, which would be catastrophic enough to both sides and the already groaning global economy.”

more

China calls Romney's accusations 'as false as they are foolish' - latimes.com

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
This is pure provocation, by China.. I declare World War 3 officially started. Lets nuke the fuk out of them!

Nothing like a Good world wide War to fix our economie anyways. 3 birds with one rock.

BaalsTears

Senate Member
Jan 25, 2011
Santa Cruz, California
The US is claims they can send military vessels into Chinese territorial waters, but China can't send their military vessels into US territorial waters. I don't subscribe to the US being able to have its cake and eat it to.

I'd like to see how the US would react if Chinese military vessels tried to use the US Inter-coastal waterway.

Since the US is not a member of the United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea, China does not have to allow American military vessels to use navigable waterways within China's territory. If the US signs the Law of the Sea, then US military vessels would have just as much right to use international waterways within Chinese territory as Chinese military vessels would have in American territory.

The fact is China has established a village on these islands, just like Canada has outposts and villages in our far north. Its in Canada's best interest that the US and other nations respect those Chinese outposts and villages if we expect the US and other nations to respect Canadian outposts and villages.

The USN has international jurisdiction to come and go as it sees fit.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.

International Law is a joke.

The law of the sea is simple.....he who has the biggest guns rules. If the Chinese have a problem with the USA in disputed waters, let them try and do something about it.

The Canadian comparison is an extremely poor one. The USA and Canada are best friends......and yet the USA does not recognize much of our territorial waters in the north either.

Not bloody much we can do about it.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
What does international law say about the possession of those islands?

And if it's not clear, then take it to the international court as an unbiassed arbitrator. That's how civilized people would do it ratehr threatening war over a piece of land.

China has not threatened any shipping. They are projecting their sphere of influence over an area which likely has abundant natural resources including oil.

China's claims are now based on the 600 person town (Sansha) they just built on one of the previously uninhabited islands. That newly populated island becomes the reference point, not mainland China. Vietnam, the Philippines and other nations claiming parts of the China Sea would be wise to follow the Chinese example.

The US is meddling in China's affairs. If the Americans kick up too much of a fuss, the Chinese could convert their trillion US dollar reserve into another currency or gold and knock the US into a recession...

They would not be wise to follow China's example here. You don't morally claim land by colonizing it. You do so, if you have any respect for law and order, by claiming it based on international law or not at all.

Yup. Settling difference through war after war is always best. Sure it makes everybody poor, but at least we'll all be the working [poor I suppose.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
This is pure provocation, by China.. I declare World War 3 officially started. Lets nuke the fuk out of them!

Nothing like a Good world wide War to fix our economie anyways. 3 birds with one rock.

With smarts like that you should be running for the republican party.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

Ummmmmmmmmm!! I thought Canada is looking for customers, maybe that thought should be postponed until U.S. demands get back to former levels. :lol:

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
If the Chinese have a problem with the USA in disputed waters, let them try and do something about it.

They have (the Chinese)when their submarine "found its self" in the center of American naval exercises .What a joke.