Can con a BC forum?

relic

Council Member
Nov 29, 2009
Nova Scotia
Are you,any of you,basing your opinions based on personal experience ,as in you lived in different parts of the country,or just from what you read on a forum ? I've never met anyone from this forum,so I find it hard to say so and so is an arsehole,everyone has their moments,but there is a few that are hard to think of any other way.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Are you,any of you,basing your opinions based on personal experience ,as in you lived in different parts of the country,or just from what you read on a forum ? I've never met anyone from this forum,so I find it hard to say so and so is an arsehole,everyone has their moments,but there is a few that are hard to think of any other way.

Yep, it's difficult to say for sure, as a lot of it is just "tongue in cheek", but I guess the term could be applied to those who incessantly attack the person instead of the post as they are in a sense obstructing a person's freedom of speech. But you'd probably get a more accurate evaluation if you consulted a registered lexicographer. :lol:

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Just wondering,nice to see lots of Canucks but this site is from western Canada.
I just wonder why so many peeps from Ontario have a problem with western Canada.
Why cant they form their own site if they have an agenda to push?

Dont they have forums in Ontario?
I have to wonder why so many easterners are here on a western forum.

The question begs to be answered,most of the posters here from eastern Canada are only here to slag the west.

Why?

Dont like the west then **** off.

Well, a site with the name "Canadian Content" is bound to attract people from across Canada. If it is intended to cover Western Canada only, would it not be called something along the lines of "vancouver Island Forum", "Cascadian Forum", "Western Canadian Forum", or something else of the sort?

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
From a thread about "Don't drink and drive"

To Another thread with an OP that spells out a reason for "don't drink and post":lol:

How appropriate :wink:

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Well, a site with the name "Canadian Content" is bound to attract people from across Canada. If it is intended to cover Western Canada only, would it not be called something along the lines of "vancouver Island Forum", "Cascadian Forum", "Western Canadian Forum", or something else of the sort?

WE used to have BC rants on Yahoo but it sort of died off on account of about 3 that could only just call everyone else down.

BruSan

Electoral Member
Jul 5, 2011
We'll trade.... Vancouver for Ottawa ;-)

There's the crux of this problem in a nutshell!

The parliament is housed in Ottawa so busting on a province has been around a lot longer than Kakato's reference to his impressions of Ontario hating on the west bullcrap!

Ontario has been on the receiving end of critiscm and outright bile from the west for as long as I've been alive due to those stupid buildings being located within our boundaries.

The population density of central Canada and the resultant location of it's seat of parliament has led everyone on the "outkirts" to have a hatred for all things central and thusly Ontario, dating back to pre-confederation with any decision being made that favoured the majority and by happenstance NOT being favourable to the minority, virtually pissing off everyone outside of Ontario.

Move the damn parliament buidlings out there somewhere, please, then you can sit there and take crap from the ROC like we've had to from retarded A-holes like Loughheed's "let the eastern bastards freeeze in the dark".

All things issuing from Ottawa will ultimately piss off someone in Canada and I would love to have the seat of paliament located in your backyard any day of the week.

I lived for some time, while in the navy, on the west coast being stationed in Esquimalt for my ERA training for 4 years back in the early 60's while I was considered an east coast draft (anyone east of Winni/Man.) from Ontario. The only Tech school the navy had for the engineering trades was in HMCS Naden.

I hunted all through those beautiful interior B.C. mountains and met some wonderful people who are still my friends today. So I am very familiar with the western ethics and personalities.

There is nothing characteristicly "bad, or nasty" about any regional population as a whole; individuals on the other hand ~ ~ oh yeah!

You can find an A-hole under any rock on Canadian soil, wherever it may have been deposited by the ice age.

WHOA!!

Now I get it! I responded here to what I simply put down to an over-the-top post by Kakato!

I had not read the other thread "Weekend Mayhem" yet.

Now I'm left wishing I HADN'T!

Jeezus guys; what's wrong with you?

Kakato: there are those of us in Ontario who will readily express sorrow over the loss of anyone to an alchohol related accident. I'll also admit to not being judgemental to the individuals involved because I drank and drove myself when younger. Hell; putting the hood ornament on the white line and closing one eye was standard modus-operendi for geting home after a saturday dance.

I am well aware of the propensity for young people to engage in "stupid" behaviour among their peers. It happens and it's always tragic when it involves an accident. Families and friends are forever changed by it - full stop. No more needs saying.

You went off on a couple of posters who may be Ontarians and threw us all into the blender with some of your blanket casting us all as less then caring.

The others involved in that to-and-fro post nonsense on that thread should consider how you came off looking a little less mature than the two kiddies I'm currently watching fighting over a rubber duckie in a wading pool right now.

C'mon guys lighten up on each other.

Here's a thought: were you not to know each other but actually meet by happenstance; it's my bet you'd all be sharing tales over brewski's within a hearbeat.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
I guess I was under the wrong impression but I thought this forum is for ALL Canadians. There are A$$holes in every province but on average all Canadians are good as far as I'm concerned, although we do have our regional idiosyncracies. :lol:

Oh my - Got a red- Wonder who did that- Rest assured that Karma Man will then give greens to all those that received Reds- Balance, must achieve balance.

I'm more Canadian then most of you.
Maybe my idea of being "Canadian" is not up to your standards.

Too bad for you.

Start a thread on what is required to be Canadian.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
It's OK, he apologized, his finger was too fat.............I'll be totally over it in a month or two. :lol:

Sometimes the trauma can take much longer than a month or 2. Why my first red well I cried, then i stopped and then i cried some more. Very sad day.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Sometimes the trauma can take much longer than a month or 2. Why my first red well I cried, then i stopped and then i cried some more. Very sad day.

I've had a few over time. Some of the Red's I'd gotten I agree'd with, as I
was either an arse or way over the top, & some others I just though,
"Really?"

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
I've had a few over time. Some of the Red's I'd gotten I agree'd with, as I
was either an arse or way over the top, & some others I just though,
"Really?"

Myself as well- Some I got were well deserved - like a kick in the ass is at times needed.