Black Lives Matter-Ugliness of Racism.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
This is Leo Sayers. You may remember him as a one hit wonder in the 70s. See his hair? It's naturally like that. So, are these racists suggesting that only Black people are allowed to have hair like this? Was Leo engaging in systemic racism even though that's his natural hair?

1633443020612.png

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Noose necklace worn during Paris Fashion Week triggering for some
Author of the article:Denette Wilford
Publishing date:Oct 05, 2021 • 13 hours ago • 1 minute read • 7 Comments
A model presents a creation, wearing a noose necklace, for Givenchy during the Women's Spring-Summer 2022 Ready-to-Wear collection fashion show in Paris La Defense, Nanterre, as part of the Paris Fashion Week, on October 3, 2021.
A model presents a creation, wearing a noose necklace, for Givenchy during the Women's Spring-Summer 2022 Ready-to-Wear collection fashion show in Paris La Defense, Nanterre, as part of the Paris Fashion Week, on October 3, 2021. PHOTO BY CHRISTOPHE ARCHAMBAULT/AFP /Getty Images
Article content
Givenchy is on the ropes after a necklace they featured in their collection during Paris Fashion Week resembled a noose.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
The spring/summer women’s and men’s show, which debuted in Paris on Monday, featured the accessory on one of their models, reported The Guardian, though fashion industry watchdog Diet Prada was first to point out the necklace’s similarities to Burberry’s ‘noose hoodie’ from their autumn/winter 2019 collection.

“You’d think the industry would’ve learned not to put things that resemble nooses around a model’s neck after the whole @Burberry noose hoodie debacle in 2019,” they wrote on Instagram.

“This @givenchyofficial necklace that just came down the runway steers dangerously close to that same territory,” they continued. “Really makes you wonder how no one noticed, but alas… history repeats itself.”

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content

At the time, Marco Gobbetti, the chief executive of Burberry, said he was “deeply sorry for the distress” the hoodie caused.

“Those who have a personal connection to suicide, whether this be their own experiences or having lost a loved one, can be triggered by such imagery and brands have a responsibility to ensure that they are not causing harm to their audience,” Lisa Roxby from the suicide prevention charity Papyrus told The Guardian.

MORE ON THIS TOPIC

A resident, left, of the Domenico Sartor nursing home in Castelfranco Veneto, near Venice, hugs her visiting daughter through a plastic screen in a so-called
FUREY: Suicidal thoughts are on the rise in Canada
The construction site near Michael Garron Hospital in the Coxwell and Sammon Aves. area.
Man charged in discovery of nooses at Toronto construction site
Pro-Trump protesters storm into the U.S. Capitol during clashes with police in Washington January 6, 2021.
Cop who responded to U.S. Capitol attack is third to die by suicide

Givenchy told the paper they have no comment on the matter. The fashion house’s creative director, Matthew M. Williams, has not issued a statement either.

In 2019, Williams’ predecessor, Riccardo Tisci, called Burberry’s noose design “insensitive.”
1633513707799.png

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Reactions: Twin_Moose

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Dog the Bounty hunter served $1.3 million lawsuit over “racist behaviour”
Author of the article:Denette Wilford
Publishing date:Oct 08, 2021 • 13 hours ago • 2 minute read • Join the conversation
Duane Chapman aka Dog the Bounty Hunter visits "FOX &; Friends" at FOX Studios on Aug. 28, 2019 in New York City.
Duane Chapman aka Dog the Bounty Hunter visits "FOX &; Friends" at FOX Studios on Aug. 28, 2019 in New York City. PHOTO BY BENNETT RAGLIN /Getty Images
Article content
Dog the Bounty Hunter was reportedly hit with a $1.3 million lawsuit accusing him of making “racist and homophobic comments.”

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
The suit alleges that Duane Chapman was fired from his TV show for racist outbursts and carrying an illegal Taser while filming in Virginia, which he allegedly used to force his way into someone’s home, reported the U.K. Sun.

The lawsuit also accuses Chapman of using homophobic language.

He has denied the allegations, according to the paper, which obtained footage of the bounty hunter being served.

His show, Dog Unleashed, was cancelled mere weeks before it was set to premiere on April 1 due to “actions taken by Mr. Chapman during the show’s production that breach contractual agreements,” according to a statement from Unleashed Entertainment President and CEO Michael Donovan.

Donovan is the plaintiff of this latest lawsuit, reported the Sun.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content

“Defendant is a disgraced reality TV star who was fired by Plaintiff after his company discovered that the Defendant had used racial epithets to attack Black teenage Black Lives Matter Activists,” according to the reported court documents.

“Plaintiff’s investigation into the allegations of racial epithets also uncovered illegal activity,” the suit reportedly states, adding that Chapman “resorts to tired homophobic tropes, calling one of the openly gay Plaintiff ‘daddy’ in a mocking manner and making a vile and disgusting implication using the words ‘little boys’ and ‘daddy’ together.”

The report alleges Chapman “engaged in a course of conduct to lash out at Plaintiff for terminating his contract and this conduct has led to Defendant committing the tort of defamation.”

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
Donovan also claims Chapman “illegally holstered and wore a taser device during filming in Virginia, which is illegal in the Commonwealth considering Chapman has been convicted of a violent crime,” due to his conviction for first-degree murder in 1976, when he was sentenced to five years in a Texas prison.

MORE ON THIS TOPIC

Duane Chapman aka Dog the Bounty Hunter visits
Duane 'Dog the Bounty Hunter' weds for sixth time
None
'Dog the Bounty Hunter' star sued for $30 million
Dog the Bounty Hunter unleashes new CBD-infused products

At the time, Chapman had been waiting in a getaway car when he fatally shot a 69-year-old man in a fight over marijuana.

Donovan is seeking $1.3 million in the lawsuit.

Chapman has yet to file a response but his rep told the Sun, “Dog’s brief association with Mike Donovan was ill advised from the start. Now, Mike, a felon with multiple active fraud investigations into his company Libre by Nexus from several state attorneys general, is attempting to tarnish Dog’s image in the public eye.”

The rep added: “Everything about this lawsuit is false, the claims are legally untenable, and it will be vigorously defended.”

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
U.S. will not pursue charges against police officer over Jacob Blake shooting
Author of the article:Reuters
Reuters
Sarah N. Lynch and Kanishka Singh
Publishing date:Oct 08, 2021 • 12 hours ago • 1 minute read • Join the conversation
In this social network video released on by his lawyer Ben Crump, Jacob Blake delivers a message from a hospital bed in Kenosha, Wisconsin on September 5, 2020.
In this social network video released on by his lawyer Ben Crump, Jacob Blake delivers a message from a hospital bed in Kenosha, Wisconsin on September 5, 2020. PHOTO BY @ATTORNEYCRUMP TWITTER ACCOUNT /AFP via Getty Images
Article content
The U.S. Justice Department said on Friday it will not pursue federal criminal civil rights charges against a Kenosha, Wisconsin, police officer for his involvement in the August 2020 shooting of Jacob Blake.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
Blake, who is Black, was shot by police several times in the back in front of his young children and was left paralyzed from the waist down. The incident sparked days of deadly protests against police brutality and racism in his hometown and across the United States.

The department’s decision comes ten months after Wisconsin prosecutors cleared Rusten Sheskey, the white police officer who shot Blake.

In declining to bring criminal charges, Kenosha County District Attorney Michael Graveley found that Sheskey was acting in self-defense because Blake was armed with a knife and he had resisted arrest despite multiple Taser shots.

Blake’s father, Jacob Blake Sr, told ABC News that he was disappointed by the decision.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
“I was expecting more from the administration than this. I was expecting much more than this,” he was quoted as saying. “I believe that we’re in a systematic racist system, and that this system was not set up for us.”

Two other police officers on the scene that day – Vincent Arenas and Brittany Meronek – returned to duty in January after previously being placed on paid administrative leave.

The Justice Department did not explicitly name the officer who will be spared of criminal civil rights charges in its announcement on Friday.

It said Blake’s family had already been told of the decision to decline to prosecute, which it made based on a lack of evidence to prove the officer willfully used excessive force.

“After a careful and thorough review, a team of experienced federal prosecutors determined that insufficient evidence exists to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the … officer willfully violated the federal criminal civil rights statutes,” it said.

“Seven times in the back is excessive,” Jacob’s father told ABC News on Friday. “Seven times in the back, that’s not excessive?”

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
"“I was expecting more from the administration than this. I was expecting much more than this,” he was quoted as saying. “I believe that we’re in a systematic racist system, and that this system was not set up for us.”

No, you want special treatment because of your skin colour. Hmmm, I wonder how many half-wits, Black or White, actually believe that when cops kill a White person they are charged, convicted and sentenced?

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Black paraplegic dragged from car calls Dayton, Ohio, police 'inhumane'
Author of the article:Reuters
Reuters
Publishing date:Oct 11, 2021 • 9 hours ago • 2 minute read • Join the conversation
Police Car Emergency Lights STK
PHOTO BY FILE /Postmedia
Article content
A Black paraplegic man has accused the Dayton, Ohio Police Department of racially profiling him and of brutality after officers stopped his car and dragged him out by his hair onto the road after hearing the man could not use his legs.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
Over the weekend, Clifford Owensby, 39, said he had filed a complaint via the civil rights group the NAACP with the police department over the arrest on suspicion of a drugs crime, which took place on Sept. 30.

“They dragged me like a dog, like trash,” Owensby said at a news conference on Sunday, calling the treatment inhumane and saying he had done nothing wrong. “It was total humiliation, it was hatred at its purest fashion.”

On Friday, Dayton police released a statement and body-worn camera video recorded by an arresting officer, saying the department had been working to improve “community and police relations” since June 2020, when protests filled cities around the world in outrage over George Floyd, a Black man, being killed by a white police officer in Minneapolis.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
In the statement, Dayton police said officers had been observing a “suspected drug house” and stopped Owensby after seeing him depart from the house in his car.

The video shows Owensby explaining the 3-year-old boy in the back is his son before handing over his identification, which police said revealed he had been convicted of illegally possessing drugs and guns. The officer tells him he has to get out of the car so it can be checked by a drug-sniffing police dog.

“I can’t step out the car, sir, I’m a paraplegic,” Owensby says in the video.

“Well, I’m going to help you get out,” the officer says.

“I don’t think that’s going to happen, sir,” Owensby replies, asking to speak to a police supervisor. The men argue, with Owensby saying “there will be a lawsuit” if police lay hands on him; he calls someone on his phone, telling them to come to the scene and record the unfolding episode.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
The officer becomes exasperated: “You can cooperate and get out of the car or I can drag you out of the car: do you see your two options here?”

One officer pulls Owensby out by his hair. Owensby screams for help as officers handcuff him prone on the road. He is dragged away down the road with his pants falling down around his ankles, revealing his underwear.

A bag containing $22,450 in cash was found in Owensby’s car, which the sniffer dog indicated had been near illegal drugs, Dayton police said in its statement. It said it was investigating the episode.

Owensby told reporters he was returning cable TV boxes to the cable company from a property he manages. He said the money was savings, that no drugs or weapons were found in his vehicle, and he was not charged with any drug-related crime. Local media said he was charged with resisting arrest.

Dayton police did not respond to questions.

“This is a total disregard for human life,” Derrick Forward, president of the NAACP’s Dayton chapter, said at a news conference on Sunday alongside Owensby. Forward said police did not read Owensby his rights. Owensby said he is preparing a lawsuit against the police.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
I'd like to see more details on that story. Something seems off with Owensby's excuse. Like the cops didn't notice any special controls in the vehicle? Or a wheelchair or something? Seems fishy that he claims to be a paraplegic but had nothing in his car that would suggest he was.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Rolling Stones dump 'Brown Sugar' after 50 years: 'They're trying to bury it'
'I'm trying to figure out with the sisters quite where the beef is,' guitarist Keith Richards says

Author of the article:Mark Daniell
Publishing date:Oct 13, 2021 • 1 day ago • 2 minute read • 78 Comments
Lead singer Mick Jagger of the Rolling Stones kicks off their U.S. tour in St. Louis.
Lead singer Mick Jagger of the Rolling Stones kicks off their U.S. tour in St. Louis. PHOTO BY LAWRENCE BRYANT /REUTERS
Article content
Fifty years after its release, the Rolling Stones have decided that Brown Sugar doesn’t taste so good with live music fans. The British rockers have dropped the popular song from the set list of their current No Filter Tour.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
“You picked up on that, huh?” guitarist Keith Richards remarked to the LA Times when he was asked recently why they’re not playing one of their biggest hits. “I don’t know. I’m trying to figure out with the sisters quite where the beef is. Didn’t they understand this was a song about the horrors of slavery? But they’re trying to bury it. At the moment I don’t want to get into conflicts with all of this s—.”

The song contains lyrics that depict “Gold Coast” slaves being sold in New Orleans, with references to a “slaver” and women being beat “just around midnight.” The tune also alludes to the rape of a female slave and the line, “How come you taste so good?”

“We’ve played Brown Sugar every night since 1970, so sometimes you think, We’ll take that one out for now and see how it goes,” 78-year-old frontman Mick Jagger told the Times . “We might put it back in.”

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
In a 2019 op-ed, Ian Brennan argued in the Chicago Tribune that the song, which was the first single from 1971’s Sticky Fingers LP, should be dropped from the band’s setlist.

Mick Jagger performs during the Rolling Stones “No Filter” 2021 North American tour at The Dome at America’s Center on Sept. 26, 2021 in St. Louis.
Mick Jagger performs during the Rolling Stones “No Filter” 2021 North American tour at The Dome at America’s Center on Sept. 26, 2021 in St. Louis. PHOTO BY KAMIL KRZACZYNSKI /AFP via Getty Images
“If the song’s same words were recited publicly, they would incite outrage,” Brennan wrote. “Twitter would run amok, friendships would fray, careers would capsize, swallowed whole by waves of shame. Somehow though, when set to music, the words are ignored.”

In a 2015 piece for Vulture , Lauretta Charlton called the song “gross, sexist, and stunningly offensive toward black women.”

According to setlist.fm , the band has played the track live 1,136 times — second only to Jumpin’ Jack Flash .

“I never would write that song now,” Jagger admitted in a 1995 interview with Rolling Stone . “I would probably censor myself. I’d think, ‘Oh God, I can’t. I’ve got to stop. I can’t just write raw like that.'”

Still, Richards, 77, would like to see the crowd-pleaser reinstated into the Stones’ future sets.

“I’m hoping that we’ll be able to resurrect the babe in her glory somewhere along the track,” Richards told the Times .

mdaniell@postmedia.com

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Rolling Stones dump 'Brown Sugar' after 50 years: 'They're trying to bury it'
'I'm trying to figure out with the sisters quite where the beef is,' guitarist Keith Richards says

Author of the article:Mark Daniell
Publishing date:Oct 13, 2021 • 1 day ago • 2 minute read • 78 Comments
Lead singer Mick Jagger of the Rolling Stones kicks off their U.S. tour in St. Louis.
Lead singer Mick Jagger of the Rolling Stones kicks off their U.S. tour in St. Louis. PHOTO BY LAWRENCE BRYANT /REUTERS
Article content
Fifty years after its release, the Rolling Stones have decided that Brown Sugar doesn’t taste so good with live music fans. The British rockers have dropped the popular song from the set list of their current No Filter Tour.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
“You picked up on that, huh?” guitarist Keith Richards remarked to the LA Times when he was asked recently why they’re not playing one of their biggest hits. “I don’t know. I’m trying to figure out with the sisters quite where the beef is. Didn’t they understand this was a song about the horrors of slavery? But they’re trying to bury it. At the moment I don’t want to get into conflicts with all of this s—.”

The song contains lyrics that depict “Gold Coast” slaves being sold in New Orleans, with references to a “slaver” and women being beat “just around midnight.” The tune also alludes to the rape of a female slave and the line, “How come you taste so good?”

“We’ve played Brown Sugar every night since 1970, so sometimes you think, We’ll take that one out for now and see how it goes,” 78-year-old frontman Mick Jagger told the Times . “We might put it back in.”

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
In a 2019 op-ed, Ian Brennan argued in the Chicago Tribune that the song, which was the first single from 1971’s Sticky Fingers LP, should be dropped from the band’s setlist.

Mick Jagger performs during the Rolling Stones “No Filter” 2021 North American tour at The Dome at America’s Center on Sept. 26, 2021 in St. Louis.
Mick Jagger performs during the Rolling Stones “No Filter” 2021 North American tour at The Dome at America’s Center on Sept. 26, 2021 in St. Louis. PHOTO BY KAMIL KRZACZYNSKI /AFP via Getty Images
“If the song’s same words were recited publicly, they would incite outrage,” Brennan wrote. “Twitter would run amok, friendships would fray, careers would capsize, swallowed whole by waves of shame. Somehow though, when set to music, the words are ignored.”

In a 2015 piece for Vulture , Lauretta Charlton called the song “gross, sexist, and stunningly offensive toward black women.”

According to setlist.fm , the band has played the track live 1,136 times — second only to Jumpin’ Jack Flash .

“I never would write that song now,” Jagger admitted in a 1995 interview with Rolling Stone . “I would probably censor myself. I’d think, ‘Oh God, I can’t. I’ve got to stop. I can’t just write raw like that.'”

Still, Richards, 77, would like to see the crowd-pleaser reinstated into the Stones’ future sets.

“I’m hoping that we’ll be able to resurrect the babe in her glory somewhere along the track,” Richards told the Times .

mdaniell@postmedia.com

I'm pretty sure people are aware - if they listened to the song at all - what it was about.

fuckin' idiots...

• Haha
Reactions: taxslave

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Looks like the terminally clueless won again. Sad reflection on our society.
Just wait until the clueless learn to read and get hold of Huckleberry Finn.

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
Slavery has been a sad fact of life for thousands of years.
And not just in the U.S. - people either seem to forget or don't know that the U.S. wasn't the only country to have slaves but likely the first country to make slavery illegal. The slave trade continues today and is now called "human trafficking".

Reactions: taxslave