Black Lives Matter-Ugliness of Racism.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
61,269
9,987
113
Washington DC
Discrimination is not acceptable however it is not a one way street .
True. But when whites own disproportionately large shares of the money and the means to make it, the fact that you were made to feel unwelcome in a bar in a Black neighbourhood ain't such a huge deal.
 

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
28,916
8,334
113
B.C.
True. But when whites own disproportionately large shares of the money and the means to make it, the fact that you were made to feel unwelcome in a bar in a Black neighbourhood ain't such a huge deal.
I have never felt uncomfortable in bars where I live . Mind you we only have brown neighbourhoods , and yellow , mostly the blacks go where they want .
 

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
39,833
3,744
113
TDSB fires director of education Clayton La Touche after just 10 months
La Touche pushed out as Ford government backs sweeping changes to Ontario’s education system.


Author of the article:Brian Lilley
Published Dec 12, 2025 • Last updated 1 day ago • 3 minute read

Clayton La Touche
Clayton La Touche Photo by @TDSBDirector /X
Clayton La Touche was just appointed as the director of education at the Toronto District School Board last January, taking up the post in February.


On Friday morning, less than a year into the job, he was fired by TDSB supervisor Rohit Gupta.


In a letter to all staff, Gupta wrote that La Touche was being relieved of his duties and Stacey Zucker, currently the associate director of education, would replace La Touche on an interim basis.

“Now in my sixth month as supervisor of the board, I feel that the TDSB needs a fresh start as we look to set the TDSB up for success in the years ahead. With that in mind and after much consideration, I, together with the minister of Education, have made the difficult decision to make a leadership change,” Gupta wrote.

“To that end, director of education Clayton La Touche will be leaving the TDSB, effective immediately. I want to sincerely thank Clayton for his dedication to the students and staff of the TDSB since joining the board in February and I wish him nothing but the best in the next steps of his career.”


From high praise to forced out
La Touche was appointed after a four-month search carried out by a committee. A statement announcing his appointment praised his track record in education.

“Throughout his career, La Touche has built a reputation as an inclusive, collaborative leader with a deep commitment to equitable achievement and well-being outcomes for all students. He is dedicated to the advancement of public education,” the statement read.

His dismissal by Gupta just 10 months into the job is supported by Education Minister Paul Calandra.

“Under the continued leadership of the supervisor, the Toronto District School Board is refocusing on student achievement. I have full confidence that the supervisor, working with the interim director, will drive that focus and ensure every decision puts students first,” Calandra said Friday.


Seen as a political activist by some
La Touche started out as a teacher before moving on to be a principal and administrator. Prior to taking on the role at TDSB he had been working at the Ministry of Education and not everyone there was a fan.

“Idealogue, has an agenda,” said one former colleague who saw La Touche as pushing his personal political agenda into the education system.

That’s something the Ford government has been pushing to get away from with a refocusing of the education system on student achievement and not identity politics.

paul calandra
Ontario Education Minister Paul Calandra speaks at an announcement at a school in Ottawa, on Friday, Dec. 5, 2025. THE CANADIAN PRESS/Justin Tang
Calandra wants complete overhaul
Calandra ordered a review of the entire education system, including curriculum and governance, after looking at the most recent standardized test results. He pointed to the $43 billion that Ontario spends on education while achieving subpar results.


“The curriculum is so open, so vacuous. It is so open for interpretation. Teachers have so much to fill in,” Calandra said in a recent interview with the Sun.

He wants a return to a curriculum that teaches to results, not open-ended questions and answers. During that interview, the minister also hinted again that the days of school trustees running the system could be over soon.

“There is literally nothing that leads me to believe that continuing on with school trustees to deliver on a $43-billion education system is the best way to do this. I’ve said this over and over — this is a system that was created in the one-room schoolhouse era. We are no longer there,” Calandra said.

The announcement of La Touche departing his role is big and shocking news. If you follow what the minister has been saying, and what the supervisors have been doing, it won’t be the last big change.

blilley@postmedia.com
 

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
39,833
3,744
113
Detroit suburb agrees to $3.25M settlement in case of woman found alive in body bag
Southfield paramedics were accused of gross negligence in how they responded to Timesha Beauchamp after a 911 call in 2020

Author of the article:Associated Press
Associated Press
Ed White
Published Jan 07, 2026 • 1 minute read

In this undated family photo provided by Erica Lattimore through Fieger Law shows her daughter, Timesha Beauchamp with her brother Steven Thompson in Southfield, Mich. Michigan authorities have agreed to reinstate the licenses of two suburban Detroit paramedics if they pass a national exam, after Timesha Beauchamp declared dead on their watch was discovered to be alive at a funeral home. Beauchamp was declared dead only to be found alive at a funeral home in August 2020. Beauchamp died on Oct. 18, 2020 at Children's Hospital in Detroit.
In this undated family photo provided by Erica Lattimore through Fieger Law shows her daughter, Timesha Beauchamp with her brother Steven Thompson in Southfield, Mich. Michigan authorities have agreed to reinstate the licenses of two suburban Detroit paramedics if they pass a national exam, after Timesha Beauchamp declared dead on their watch was discovered to be alive at a funeral home. Beauchamp was declared dead only to be found alive at a funeral home in August 2020. Beauchamp died on Oct. 18, 2020 at Children's Hospital in Detroit. Photo by Erica Lattimore /AP
A Detroit suburb has agreed to a $3.25 million settlement with the family of a young woman who had been declared dead at home but then gasped for air and opened her eyes when her body bag was unzipped at a funeral home.


Southfield paramedics were accused of gross negligence in how they responded to Timesha Beauchamp after a 911 call in 2020. The 20-year-old, who had cerebral palsy, was eventually rushed to a hospital and died two months later.


“We recognize that no resolution can undo the profound tragedy that occurred on August 23, 2020, or ease the pain experienced by Ms. Beauchamp’s family,” Southfield said in a statement. “This case involved extraordinarily difficult circumstances that arose in the complex world of a global pandemic.”

Beauchamp was struggling to breathe when her family called 911. A medical crew tried to resuscitate her and also consulted a doctor, who declared her dead over the phone without going to the home.

Later that day, a funeral home opened the body bag and found Beauchamp gasping for air. She was swiftly taken to a hospital but never recovered.

“She was put in a situation she never should have been in,” Steven Hurbis, an attorney for Beauchamp’s family, said Tuesday.

Medical professionals, he added, said Beauchamp would have survived if she had been taken immediately to a hospital from her home.

Southfield fought the lawsuit and persuaded a judge to dismiss it based on governmental immunity. The Michigan Court of Appeals, however, overturned that decision in 2024.

The Southfield fire chief had said Beauchamp’s situation might have been a case of “Lazarus syndrome,” a reference to people who come back to life without assistance after attempts to resuscitate have failed.
 

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
39,833
3,744
113
HGTV cancels ‘Rehab Addict’ after host Nicole Curtis uses racial slur
A video clip of Curtis using the N-word in unaired footage shot for the show was posted on social media

Author of the article:Eddie Chau
Published Feb 12, 2026 • Last updated 1 day ago • 2 minute read

John Varvatos Detroit Store Opening Party Hosted By Chrysler
TV personality Nicole Curtis attends John Varvatos Detroit Store Opening Party hosted by Chrysler on April 16, 2015 in Detroit, Michigan. Photo by Loreen Sarkis /Getty Images for John Varvatos
Cable television network HGTV has canned its popular home restoration show “Rehab Addict” after host Nicole Curtis was caught hurling a racial slur while filming.

A video clip of Curtis using the N-word in unaired footage shot for the show was posted on social media by Radar Online on Wednesday, the same day “Rehab Addict” was scheduled to return to air.


In the video, Curtis can be seen on a ladder struggling to attach something to the ceiling.

“Oh, fart n*****,” Curtis says, seemingly out of frustration, before quickly realizing what she said.

“What the f*** is that, that I just said? she followed up, before asking the cameraman to stop filming.

“F*** my life,” she said as the clip ends.

WARNING: Video contains offensive language



‘Hurtful and disappointing’
In a statement to The Hollywood Reporter, HGTV said it was aware of an “offensive racial comment made during the filming of “Rehab Addict.”

“Not only is language like this hurtful and disappointing to our viewers, partners, and employees — it does not align with the values of HGTV. Accordingly, we have removed the series from all HGTV platforms.

“We remain dedicated to fostering a culture of respect and inclusion across our content and our workplace.”

“Rehab Addict” ran on HGTV for eight seasons.

Curtis
“Rehab Addict” host Nicole Curtis addresses her fans in an Instagram story. (Instagram/@detroitdesign)
Curtis apologizes, says there’s ‘more to this’
Curtis took to her Instagram Stories to address the situation, stating “there is more to this” as she turns her focus to her family, “more than anything else.”

“There is more to this, but my family comes first and I need to be mom right now more than anything else. I will take the time to be as I’ve always been with you, transparent and honest,” Curtis wrote.

“TMZ called me as I had just turned my phone on after being at school — I said this briefly — but there is more.”


In a follow-up post, Curtis shared a screenshot of a text message statement she sent to TMZ in which she apologized.

“I’m grateful for the 15-year journey we’ve shared. It’s been a meaningful chapter, but my focus isn’t on my career,” she said. “My focus, at this moment is rightfully on my relationships, and my community — the people who truly know my character and where my heart is.

“I want to be clear: The word in question is wrong and not part of my vocabulary and never has been, and I apologize to everyone.”

Curtis then shared more screenshots of Instagram messages she received from outraged viewers, many of whom called her racist.

“Rehab Addict” followed Curtis as she restored historic homes slated for demolition in Detroit and Minneapolis. The first three seasons ran on DIY Network before transferring to HGTV in 2014.

The first two episodes of the new season aired in July 2025 before Curtis said on Instagram that she made the “executive decision to shelf” the remainder of the season until the fall.

The remaining new episodes were set to air beginning on Feb. 11 until HGTV cancelled the show.
1770992380535.png
 

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
61,269
9,987
113
Washington DC
“Oh, fart n*****,” Curtis says, seemingly out of frustration, before quickly realizing what she said.

“What the f*** is that, that I just said? she followed up, before asking the cameraman to stop filming.

“F*** my life,” she said as the clip ends.
To which HGTV responded "F*** outta here, Curtis."

Makes sense.

Cue the conservative whimpering about her FREEDUMB O' SPEECH!

I've always wondered. Do slobbering conservative morons really think freedom of speech applies to private employers?