B.C. First Nation signs multimillion-dollar deal with gas pipeline company

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Funny how in Ontario the police can't even clear a bouncy castle full of kids without the Emergency Powers Act, while in BC they let terrorists run loose, destroying private property and attacking working people. Can't even catch them in a remote area with 1 road in and out.

Reactions: Ron in Regina

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Ottawa needs to finally declare through legislation that the Trans Mountain Expansion Project is to the national advantage of Canada.

Doing so would prove to the Canadian public and Indigenous communities that the federal government is serious about seeing it completed.

Make no mistake: Killing the project would be devastating for many Indigenous communities along the corridor.

Russia’s invasion of Ukraine has shown how dependent many European countries are on Russian oil and natural gas imports. Ottawa’s professed commitment to help NATO allies has finally turned our government’s head to the importance of energy security globally.

But even before the growing global energy crisis, the federal government should have declared through legislation that the Trans Mountain expansion is to the general advantage of Canada, particularly because of its importance to Indigenous communities.

The facts speak for themselves. To date, Trans Mountain says it has signed 69 agreements with Indigenous groups in B.C. and Alberta that represent more than $600 million in benefits and opportunities.

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
I'm wondering if TMX will ever be completed. Somehow I think it won't be ever....as it goes against what Trudeau & his WEF friends clearly want which is to make us all poorer & themselves richer.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I'm wondering if TMX will ever be completed. Somehow I think it won't be ever....as it goes against what Trudeau & his WEF friends clearly want which is to make us all poorer & themselves richer.
It is amazing and tragic that if you got enough power, you can be dumber'n a stump and an obvious compulsive liar and still win.

Nice hair helps.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
China bought and paid for big chunk of Canadian oil. They want their oil or else. That is the only reason the line wasnt killed by Justin Urinal. You never thought it was for BC and WA did you?

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
Hereditary chiefs have no legal power. The entire notion of hereditary chiefs was done away with in the late 50s and replaced with democratically(in
They do actually I think. The courts relatively recently acknowledged that they do have some legitimacy outside of the specific boundaries of the reserve as i recall.