Angry Libyan mob kills U.S. Ambassador Christopher Stevens and three diplomates.

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
...Libyan officials spent the night in a manhunt trying to find those responsible for the killings which occurred when an angry and armed mob attacked the diplomatic facility in an apparent protest against an anti-Islamic video created and produced by a group of American Jews.

"It is with profound sadness that I share the news of the death of four American personnel," said U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton in a statement. The statement identified another of those killed as Sean Smith, a foreign service information management officer.

The circumstances surrounding the death of Ambassador Stevens and Mr. Smith weren't immediately clear. Two Libyan security officials in the capital Tripoli gave conflicting reports of the events that occurred several hundred miles away. One said that the ambassador's convoy had been hit by a rocket-propelled grenade. Another said that the diplomats died of smoke inhalation..

U.S. Ambassador to Libya Is Killed - WSJ.com

Gadaffi might have been an insane dictator, but as far as I know he respected diplomatic immunity. This event makes me doubt that Libya has changed for the better since another angry mob killed dictator Gaddafi. Libya appears to have become more out of control, lawless and dangerous...

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
I never made that claim. Instead I believe most Muslims are moderates, who don't support murder including this one.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
...Libyan officials spent the night in a manhunt trying to find those responsible for the killings which occurred when an angry and armed mob attacked the diplomatic facility in an apparent protest against an anti-Islamic video created and produced by a group of American Jews.

"It is with profound sadness that I share the news of the death of four American personnel," said U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton in a statement. The statement identified another of those killed as Sean Smith, a foreign service information management officer.

The circumstances surrounding the death of Ambassador Stevens and Mr. Smith weren't immediately clear. Two Libyan security officials in the capital Tripoli gave conflicting reports of the events that occurred several hundred miles away. One said that the ambassador's convoy had been hit by a rocket-propelled grenade. Another said that the diplomats died of smoke inhalation..

U.S. Ambassador to Libya Is Killed - WSJ.com

Gadaffi might have been an insane dictator, but as far as I know he respected diplomatic immunity. This event makes me doubt that Libya has changed for the better since another angry mob killed dictator Gaddafi. Libya appears to have become more out of control, lawless and dangerous...

Generally, I would agree.....with one small protest; the gov't of Libya was not involved here.

I never made that claim. Instead I believe most Muslims are moderates, who don't support murder including this one.

"MOST" of 1 billion people still leaves a heck of a lot of murdering scum.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
The chill of the Arab Winter is deepening. If they don't turn over the body the desert should be made into glass.

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
Libya- Mission Accomplished!

Forgot this little incident?

1979 U.S. embassy burning in Libya - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

wiki doesn't mention the amount of damage or if anyone was hurt. So what happened? Did someone set a fire in a garbage can?

The chill of the Arab Winter is deepening. If they don't turn over the body the desert should be made into glass.
I disagree with killing innocent people, never mind genocide.

The US should insist that the Libyan authorities arrest those responsible.

Since this event happened at an American embassy, the US could argue that US law applies. I would support Libya extraditing the murderers to the US for trial.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
It's Probably Nothing

Reuters;
The U.S. ambassador to Libya and three other embassy staff were killed in a rocket attack on their car, a Libyan official said, as they were rushed from a consular building stormed by militants denouncing a U.S.-made film insulting the Prophet Mohammad. Gunmen had attacked and burned the U.S. consulate in the eastern city of Benghazi, a center of last year's uprising against Muammar Gaddafi, late on Tuesday evening, killing one U.S. consular official. The building was evacuated.

The Libyan official said the ambassador, Christopher Stevens, was being driven from the consulate building to a safer location when gunmen opened fire.
Yup, nothing. And this is just coincidence.

Hope And Change: "We came, we saw, he died"

Watch Drudge for updates.

sda

small dead animals: It's Probably Nothing

American Ambassador 'Suffocated To Death'...
**WARNING** **GRAPHIC PHOTO**...
Romney campaign links attacks to Obama's failed Middle East policies...
White House gave 'mixed signals'...
Muslims Attack US Embassies...
Mobs with guns and rocket-propelled grenades...
Marines Headed to Libya to Reinforce Security...

Hillary Clinton: “How Could This Happen In A Country We Helped Liberate? A City We Saved From Destruction?”…

Here’s a hint: It begins with “I” and ends with “slam.”
Via Beltway Confidential:
Secretary of State Hillary Clinton admitted this morning that the attack on the U.S. embassy in Libya was “not easy” for Americans.
“Today many Americans are asking, indeed I asked myself, ‘How could this happen? How could this happen in a country we helped liberate? In a city we helped save from destruction?’” Clinton asked.

http://weaselzippers.us/2012/09/12/...ed-liberate-a-city-we-saved-from-destruction/

Our little featurette:

A trailer of the film about the Prophet Muhammad that sparked protests in Libya and Egypt on 11 September has been available on Youtube since 1 July.

The 14-minute trailer was posted by "sam bacile", a user said to be based in the US, on 1 and 2 July. Sam Bacile has described himself as an Israeli citizen; however, according to media reports, Sam Bacile is an Israeli national living in the United States who produced the film.

BBC News - Film sparking Libya and Egypt protests mocks Muhammad

The Real Life of Muhammad - YouTube

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
wiki doesn't mention the amount of damage or if anyone was hurt. So what happened? Did someone set a fire in a garbage can?

A mob of Libyans burned it down... then the US withdrew all personnel from Libya.

Hence you are wrong about Ghadaffi's respect for diplomats.