And this is why as a Canadian Woman Cons are a No Way.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Twist it however you want , in too many cases a viable human life is being ended . Who would wish that on themselves ? Would you Serryah or you miss Liberal Feminist rather your mothers had chosen death over life ?

Reactions: Twin_Moose

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Also, anything that is 'late term abortion' is to protect the mother or dispose of a likely unviable or dangerous fetus that will kill mom. So are you saying you're for mom dying?? (BTW, if mom dies due to the baby or something about the pregnancy doing it, did the fetus commit murder?)
Never was illegal or immoral.

Put it to rest along with the fictional Right.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Cause they've had the kids they want and don't want any more, or they're in a committed relationship and don't want kids.

Those are RARE cases.

Vasectomies can be reversed depending on the type, or still not work. The ONLY ultimate birth control lies with the woman and either her having no sex, or having her tubes tied/severed or a hysterectomy.

And as pointed out, women STILL in some places need PERMISSION from their husbands for any pregnancy prevention surgery. Including Canada.
BFD I had to get my wife’s consent to havre a vasectomy.

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
The whole idea of abortion personally disgusts me but I realize and have to accept the fact that it is legal and a choice some women make.

However, I still don't understand why, with birth control so readily available and cheap, why there are so many abortions to begin with. I think our society is extremely selfish and because the baby is called a 'fetus" as opposed to a baby which it actually will become, makes people think that this is simply a blob of cells. Eases the conscience I suppose. Anyway, it is what it is.

BTW I had to have my husband's consent to get my tubes tied tax slave & the form that needed to be signed had to be witnessed by a 3rd party. So much for privacy. :(

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
However, I still don't understand why, with birth control so readily available and cheap, why there are so many abortions to begin with. I think our society is extremely selfish and because the baby is called a 'fetus" as opposed to a baby which it actually will become, makes people think that this is simply a blob of cells. Eases the conscience I suppose. Anyway, it is what it is.

If you don't understand why then maybe you should go and educate your freakin' self as to why. Oh, and don't believe what right wingers say, talk to actual women, or read their stories, about WHY...

At least you can do that much.

BTW I had to have my husband's consent to get my tubes tied tax slave & the form that needed to be signed had to be witnessed by a 3rd party. So much for privacy. :(

It's not about privacy, it's control because "oh you might want a baby". One of my friends wanted her tubes tied after having two kids, she STILL had to have her husbands permission...

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
If you don't understand why then maybe you should go and educate your freakin' self as to why. Oh, and don't believe what right wingers say, talk to actual women, or read their stories, about WHY...

It's not about privacy, it's control because "oh you might want a baby". One of my friends wanted her tubes tied after having two kids, she STILL had to have her husbands permission...
I have done research on the birth control issue and no one has been able to explain "why" missing 1 pill or having a "condoms break" are so prevalent and used as the reason why someone got pregnant, so perhaps you can explain or alternatively, tell me where to go where it is explained because nothing I've read explains it. Most of what I've read have been excuses! I believe that the lack of self control plays a big part of this but God forbid that this is even discussed.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons

In Canada? Because public hospitals are forbidden to have such "rules" for tubal ligation.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

Actual women? Like the one I've been with for 30 years? The one that at 18 convinced me we could pull off a good life and keep our child? You don't want to hear what she has to say. Oh fuck no. She'll run circles around you and make you cry.

Armchairprophet

Jun 9, 2021
And there's the pre-schooler again.

I will vote for JT there are no better effective options currently for women.
Your hero fired his Justice Minister for doing her job. He refused to accept Rachel Harder as the democratically selected Chair for the Committee on the Status of Canadian Women because SHE a woman, has a different opinion on abortion than Trudeau, a "MAN". Trudie is a real feminist all right, but only if you think like he does. If you don't and you're a woman, he has zero problem treating you like a piece of dung.

Armchairprophet

Jun 9, 2021
Cause they've had the kids they want and don't want any more, or they're in a committed relationship and don't want kids.

Those are RARE cases.

Vasectomies can be reversed depending on the type, or still not work. The ONLY ultimate birth control lies with the woman and either her having no sex, or having her tubes tied/severed or a hysterectomy.

And as pointed out, women STILL in some places need PERMISSION from their husbands for any pregnancy prevention surgery. Including Canada.
Really? Outside of private hospitals, where exactly in Canada does a woman need permission from their husband?

Armchairprophet

Jun 9, 2021
I've a friend who had to have permission and I've heard of others as well.

Sorry you don't have female friends evidently to know this.
So no proof, Just your anecdote and some hearsay. WHERE DID THIS HAPPEN IN CANADA? WHO was the doctor? Maybe one of those immigrant types who tend to treat women patients like crap to begin with? Because THAT is a story I've heard from MANY women.

Reactions: petros

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
So no proof, Just your anecdote and some hearsay. WHERE DID THIS HAPPEN IN CANADA? WHO was the doctor? Maybe one of those immigrant types who tend to treat women patients like crap to begin with? Because THAT is a story I've heard from MANY women.

First off, everything online is hearsay so that's not an excuse to dismiss; if you want it to be then you might as well leave this board.

Second, this happened in NB and that's all you're getting for 'where'. As for who the doctor was, really? Are you that freakin' stupid or are you just pretending to be this much a dipshit?

While that might be the story you heard, well... "it's just anecdotal and some hearsay".

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
First off, everything online is hearsay so that's not an excuse to dismiss; if you want it to be then you might as well leave this board.

Second, this happened in NB and that's all you're getting for 'where'. As for who the doctor was, really? Are you that freakin' stupid or are you just pretending to be this much a dipshit?

While that might be the story you heard, well... "it's just anecdotal and some hearsay".
No proof, no point. Keep trying punkin. EVERYWHERE I search comes up calling you a liar. Why?

PROVE IT or fuck off.

Last edited:

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
I've a friend who had to have permission and I've heard of others as well.

Sorry you don't have female friends evidently to know this.

Funny. My wife had a tubal 37 years ago. I was not involved in the decision. Yes, she was married to me. :) (married 45 years, together over 50)

Anecdotal, but I find it hard to believe husbands would be consulted. They should not be.............that is female sovereignty over their own bodies.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Funny. My wife had a tubal 37 years ago. I was not involved in the decision. Yes, she was married to me. :) (married 45 years, together over 50)

Anecdotal, but I find it hard to believe husbands would be consulted. They should not be.............that is female sovereignty over their own bodies.

So your wife was lucky...

Or hey, you're just being "anecdotal and indulging in hearsay".

Or... you're telling the truth, and so am I.