And this is why as a Canadian Woman Cons are a No Way.

Liberal Feminist

Time Out
May 14, 2021
Sooooo you don't believe in the "My body my right" narrative? I mean I like this whole "right to choose" agenda but only as long as they choose "right". :ROFLMAO:
No the right to choose... that's it.

Cons will not leave women's bodily autonomy alone just like all other versions of conservatism.

This is a key factor in all my political weighing of parties.

And what "Agenda" are you talking about please explain what that could possibly even be?

• Haha
Reactions: Mowich

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON

Cons will not leave women's bodily autonomy alone just like all other versions of conservatism.

And what "Agenda" are you talking about please explain what that could possibly even be?
So you are ok with people aborting fetus' because they are female?

Before you call me a pro-life asshole, let me say I am pro-choice by I am having difficulty with this one.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015

For Every 1,000 Babies Born, New York City Kills 544 Babies in Abortions​

Crush baby, Kill baby....Eat baby.
;)
Looks like you Bill Gates / planned parenthood fans have finally found a cure for the imaginary problem of over population.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
So you are ok with people aborting fetus' because they are female?

Before you call me a pro-life asshole, let me say I am pro-choice by I am having difficulty with this one.

Yeah. A feminist. That wants to allow people to kill female babies, just because they are female.

She is as good a feminist as Justin Trudeau.

In other words, she ain't. Not really.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Since when is sex selected abortion an issue in Canada?

I think it's more of a 'causing an issue where there is none', as usual.
It is happening. It is legal. I am not sure how much of an issue it is as they don't publish statistics on it. I also think it would not be differentiated. Just an abortion which happened to happen after the ultrasound.

Decapoda

Council Member
Mar 4, 2016

Does "the right to choose" include the right to choose male babies and dispose of the females? I don't see this as "cons" wanting to interfere with a woman's bodily anatomy, this manufactured canard is a progressive talking point which completely and deliberately misrepresents the source of the objection.

If you support this bill, you are in direct conflict with your own supposed ideology. You can't be a feminist and also cheer the practice of discarding female babies based solely on their sex. Well...I suppose you can be, but that makes you an overt hypocrite.

It is happening. It is legal. I am not sure how much of an issue it is as they don't publish statistics on it. I also think it would not be differentiated. Just an abortion which happened to happen after the ultrasound.
It is happening, but try to get anyone to shed light on such a repulsive practice. Nobody will touch it. Frankly, I'm surprised that O'Toole had the cajones to state his objection to it, not like him. I guess when a bill like this which has the support of 85% of the public, it's a safe enough bet.

Some couples in Canada practising prenatal sex selection in favour of male fetuses, studies suggest

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
It is happening.

Got proof?

It is legal.

In that a woman can choose to abort, yes.

I am not sure how much of an issue it is as they don't publish statistics on it.

Then it is, as I said, a 'we're making an issue out of nothing' thing.

I also think it would not be differentiated. Just an abortion which happened to happen after the ultrasound.

Unless and until there's actual hard data to back it up, it's just a claim only.

• Sad
Reactions: Mowich

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Got proof?

In that a woman can choose to abort, yes.

Then it is, as I said, a 'we're making an issue out of nothing' thing.

Unless and until there's actual hard data to back it up, it's just a claim only.
You have just as much proof that it isn't happening. But what the heck, its only a few less females in the world. No big deal.

Decapoda

Council Member
Mar 4, 2016
Got proof?
According to the article I posted above (which you obviously didn't bother to check), the Canadian Medical Association Journal finds very convincing evidence that this is happening.

Among Canadian-born mothers, the researchers found that about 105 boys were born for every 100 girls, consistent with the natural odds of 103 to 107 boys for every 100 girls. By contrast, among Indian-born mothers, the proportion of males increased with the number of children born. By the third birth, 138 boys were born to Indian-born mothers for every 100 girls, and by the fourth birth, 166 boys were born to every 100 girls. The researchers estimated that over the past two decades, there have been at least 4,472 "missing girls" – that is, female fetuses not born to Indian immigrants in Canada, primarily in families where both parents are from India.

The second study examined records for more than 1.2 million babies born in Ontario between 1993 and 2012 to women who had up to three children. Within the province, researchers found women from India who already had two daughters gave birth to 196 boys for every 100 girls. If an Indian-born mother with two daughters received an abortion before their third child, the ratio jumped to 326 boys for every 100 girls, and 409 boys for every 100 girls if the mother had multiple abortions.