2SLGBTQQIA+

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
And give thanks for former U.S. Army Major Richard Fierro, who grabbed the idiot, dropped him, and smacked him over the head with his own gun.

Turns out the only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a pair of balls.

I hadn't caught up yet on who stopped him, only that it was a couple of people.

I'm sure there will be some that'll question his "manhood" though for being in a gay club, even if he is a Major in the Army.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC

I'm sure there will be some that'll question his "manhood" though for being in a gay club, even if he is a Major in the Army.
Question away. He took on an armed man, disarmed him, and dropped him, leading others to take him out.

If that ain't manhood, I've never seen it.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Why on Earth would it not be manly to be in a gay club? There are fag hags galore to hit on, socialize with or dance with.

Youd have to live in the Arctic by yourself or be really really really naive to think such shit.

Reactions: Taxslave2

taxme

Time Out
Feb 11, 2020
And give thanks for former U.S. Army Major Richard Fierro, who grabbed the idiot, dropped him, and smacked him over the head with his own gun.

Turns out the only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a pair of balls.

Is it even possible for someone to be able to shoot and stop some bad guy with their pair of balls? I did not even know that could be done. :unsure:

Taxslave2

House Member
Aug 13, 2022

Back in the mid 70s we would go to a gay bar in Vancouver. Beer was good, nobody bothered us. Never seen a fight anytime we were in there. Good entertainment sometimes. When I worked afternoon shift we in that same time we would go to a Rubbie bar after work. Our crew probably spent more in the hour and a half we were there than the rubbies all day. Same thing, no one bothered us. Sometimes we would even buy a round for the house, which didn’t cost much and made everyone happy.

Reactions: petros

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Back in the mid 70s we would go to a gay bar in Vancouver. Beer was good, nobody bothered us. Never seen a fight anytime we were in there. Good entertainment sometimes. When I worked afternoon shift we in that same time we would go to a Rubbie bar after work. Our crew probably spent more in the hour and a half we were there than the rubbies all day. Same thing, no one bothered us. Sometimes we would even buy a round for the house, which didn’t cost much and made everyone happy.
I was on temporary duty at McDill AFB (Tampa, Florida), and one day I dropped into a bar for a beer. It was midafternoon and pretty quiet, just me and two or three couples. I ordered a beer. The barman said "You realize this is a gay bar, right?" I said "I'm here for a beer, not to get laid."

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Question away. He took on an armed man, disarmed him, and dropped him, leading others to take him out.

If that ain't manhood, I've never seen it.

Apparently he was there with his wife and daughter and friends.

For the drag show that was on that night.

Imagine! A straight person doing that! (oh wait, LOTS of straight people go to Gay clubs, cause they usually - used to be - safer than regular clubs)

Good on this guy, for lots of stuff.

And as a bonus, he actually used the proper pronouns for the Drag performer when he got her to help take this shooter down.

Sadly his daughter's boyfriend was killed, and two of his friends shot, his daughter broke her knee.

"Eventually, he was freed. He went to the hospital with his wife and daughter, who had only minor injuries. His friends were there, and are still there, in much more serious condition. They were all alive. But his daughter’s boyfriend was nowhere to be found. In the chaos they had lost him. They drove back to the club, searching for him, they circled familiar streets, hoping they would find him walking home. But there was nothing.

The family got a call late Sunday from his mother. He had died in the shooting.

When Mr. Fierro heard, he said, he held his daughter and cried.

In part he cried because he knew what lay ahead. The families of the dead, the people who were shot, had now been in war, like he had. They would struggle like he and so many of his combat buddies had. They would ache with misplaced vigilance, they would lash out in anger, never be able to scratch the itch of fear, be torn by the longing to forget and the urge to always remember.

“My little girl, she screamed and I was crying with her,” he said. “Driving home from the hospital I told them, ‘Look, I’ve gone through this before, and down range, when this happens, you just get out on the next patrol. You need to get it out of your mind.’ That is how you cured it. You cured it by doing more. Eventually you get home safe. But here I worry there is no next patrol. It is harder to cure. You are already home.”"

This guy is a hero... and my heart breaks for his family and their loss.

Last edited:
Reactions: Taxslave2

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
Richards on Richards i presume? Or as it's more affectionately known Dicks on Dicks :) We wound up there a few times, never had anything but laughs.