2SLGBTQQIA+

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
So you just admitted that the government should be raising our children, because parents have no idea what they are doing.

No, but I can see where you would think that.

"My 'viewpoint' is no child should be thinking of suicide, ESPECIALLY when they are under 16, because the world around them won't accept them for who they are, because their parents want to beat the gay away, or pray the gay away, because adults can't be trusted to actually give a shit about them. THAT is my viewpoint.""

Full context of the 'offending' assumption.

What I am describing after I make the comment that no kid under sixteen should be contemplating suicide, is the kid's thoughts about the world thanks to what kids/adults around them are doing to them if they fall under the 'pray the gay away, beat the gay away' type crowds. If there are no adults around a kid who will accept them or help them if they come out, they will not trust any adults around them. And that is fact.

What I am saying - to make it clear - is that kids SHOULD have adults around them they can come out to and trust to help them for whatever reason. Kids shouldn't have to be afraid. And kids shouldn't be thinking of committing suicide especially under the age of 16.

I said nothing about the state raising kids.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
No, but I can see where you would think that.

"My 'viewpoint' is no child should be thinking of suicide, ESPECIALLY when they are under 16, because the world around them won't accept them for who they are, because their parents want to beat the gay away, or pray the gay away, because adults can't be trusted to actually give a shit about them. THAT is my viewpoint.""

Full context of the 'offending' assumption.

What I am describing after I make the comment that no kid under sixteen should be contemplating suicide, is the kid's thoughts about the world thanks to what kids/adults around them are doing to them if they fall under the 'pray the gay away, beat the gay away' type crowds. If there are no adults around a kid who will accept them or help them if they come out, they will not trust any adults around them. And that is fact.

What I am saying - to make it clear - is that kids SHOULD have adults around them they can come out to and trust to help them for whatever reason. Kids shouldn't have to be afraid. And kids shouldn't be thinking of committing suicide especially under the age of 16.

I said nothing about the state raising kids.
I am perpetually amazed by the shibboleth that the Holy of Holies, the Home is the perfect environment of wonderfulness where kids receive loving care from a kind-but-stern father and a loving mother. No amount of actual, verifiable, empirical evidence can shake the rightards from their conviction that Father Knows Best and that Daddy and Mommy wub Widdle Bee-Bee and have the skills and knowledge to ensure that Widdle Bee-Bee will grow up into a Fine Canadian Citizen. And, of course, should tragedy strike, the loving arms of the Church await. . .

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
There are uncomfortable truths in this life.

You can sugarcoat it with language and have everyone walking on eggshells, never being themselves...always cautious...etc.

This whole thread I've done nothing but tell the truth, and I've been attacked to the point where I was accused of inferring that children shouldn't even exist.

The theme of this thread should be 'Not everything is as it seems'. Because in my neck of the woods, the children of all of those perfect politically correct parents are the ones getting wasted, stealing cars, and smoking drugs.

My daughters are Honor Students at their High School...never been in trouble with the law...both are gainfully employed...never tried drugs.

Think about that the next time you point your bony, sanctimonious finger in my direction.
But you are the wrong kind of special to be deserving of recognition. Maybe if you were just an S you could join the special club and get your super sekrit decoder ring.

Reactions: Twin_Moose

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I am perpetually amazed by the shibboleth that the Holy of Holies, the Home is the perfect environment of wonderfulness where kids receive loving care from a kind-but-stern father and a loving mother. No amount of actual, verifiable, empirical evidence can shake the rightards from their conviction that Father Knows Best and that Daddy and Mommy wub Widdle Bee-Bee and have the skills and knowledge to ensure that Widdle Bee-Bee will grow up into a Fine Canadian Citizen. And, of course, should tragedy strike, the loving arms of the Church await. . .
You need help.

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
Yes, there are certainly "uncomfortable truths" in this life. So imagine how this is no longer the case anymore - it's not the "truth" anymore - it's one's "lived experience" of truth whatever the hell that means.

What irks me is there are people who actually believe it's "ok" to instruct kindergartners to grade 3 in gender issues and keep stating that the Florida law is an "anti-gay" law when in fact it's totally the opposite. But with definitions being changed on a regular basis and people making assumptions about a law that doesn't exist, it's amazing how they can "double down" on it. BTW "gay" isn't even mentioned in the Bill and there is NOTHING in the Bill that states one cannot comment on one's same-sex spouse. It specifically states that no "instruction" on gender/sex is to be done. It's pretty specific.

The truth is now whatever you make of it - facts don't matter anymore. It's rather appalling but there it is.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Yes, there are certainly "uncomfortable truths" in this life. So imagine how this is no longer the case anymore - it's not the "truth" anymore - it's one's "lived experience" of truth whatever the hell that means.

What irks me is there are people who actually believe it's "ok" to instruct kindergartners to grade 3 in gender issues and keep stating that the Florida law is an "anti-gay" law when in fact it's totally the opposite. But with definitions being changed on a regular basis and people making assumptions about a law that doesn't exist, it's amazing how they can "double down" on it. BTW "gay" isn't even mentioned in the Bill and there is NOTHING in the Bill that states one cannot comment on one's same-sex spouse. It specifically states that no "instruction" on gender/sex is to be done. It's pretty specific.

The truth is now whatever you make of it - facts don't matter anymore. It's rather appalling but there it is.
Hey hey hey. WTF do you think you will accomplish by actually reading the Bill?

Truth?

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
No. You just inferred it...kinda like how (in your words) I inferred that children shouldn't exist.

If you want to read it that way, sure, that's on you.

But seeing as it was misunderstood, I clarified it. I never intended FOR the statement to be a support of state oversight. Rather it was meant as a view of kids whose association with adults couldn't be trusted.

On the other hand you are adamant that normal should be taught and that the 'normal' means that things like gay and trans do not exist.

So perhaps you can clarify then, if teaching kids that only normal is okay, but that normal means no gay, trans, etc kids are part of that norm, what does that then tell kids who ARE gay, trans, etc?

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick

Yeah, yeah, we all know you're in total denial of, well, everything, and are part of the "Think of the children but only if they're het otherwise screw them" crowd.

And you don't have a clue why bills get monikers like "don't say gay bill" cause somehow things like that are completely out of your realm of understanding.