2SLGBTQQIA+

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
I can see how pageant's aren't.

But how is reading not beneficial? Just because someone dresses up changes it somehow?
If this was about reading to children, they would be in there in regular street clothes reading to children. I would have the same objection to a lady of the evening dressed as a common slut reading the same book. It's not something children need to see.

harrylee

Man of Memes
Mar 22, 2019
Ontario
Solution......Have the drag "person" sit in another room and read through a speaker, so the children hear the reading. Only problem I see with that is that none of these "people" would want to do that as the visual is why they are there, not the reading.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
We'll send the MAGA! Strike Force. They'll storm Parliament, and once they've taken it, mill about aimlessly, take some selfies, engage in some low-level pilferage, and wander off.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
We'll send the MAGA! Strike Force. They'll storm Parliament, and once they've taken it, mill about aimlessly, take some selfies, engage in some low-level pilferage, and wander off.

Will they wander off before they smear shit all over the place, or will it happen after the selfies?

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
1678934145758.png

Kiva Maginn
March 5 at 5:41 AM
·​

when you ask what you can do for us, this would be a good start. i know you don't want to provoke a confrontation with them, but listen, the right is using the word 'eradicate' to talk about us. and they're doing it to thunderous applause and cheers.

it's time for you to stop being conflict-averse. this is how you can help. this is how you can stand up for us. right now it looks to us an awful lot like we're going to drown in this tidal wave of hate. we feel outnumbered and besieged.

you want to fight for us? do it proactively. you have relatives and coworkers and acquaintances who hate us. call them out. CALL THEM OUT. even if it makes you uncomfortable. even if it causes strife in your family or your peer groups. even if it's hard.

especially because it's hard.

They said 'eradicate'.

They said it's not genocide because we're not a real group. they said they'd make all transition a felony. they said it on stage at the largest gathering of republican thought leaders and activists in the country. they said it on the stage where the republican presidential nominee later spoke. they said it to applause and cheers.

if you're trying to avoid the discomfort of calling your bigoted uncle out, and you don't want to make things awkward with your bigoted friends, and you don't want to cause a big argument with your bigoted coworker...

they said 'eradicate'.

and they fucking mean it.

how many of our lives is your comfort worth