2SLGBTQQIA+

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Trustee accused of transphobic rhetoric says she's not taking part in Action4Canada event
Author of the article:Liz Braun
Published Mar 08, 2023 • Last updated 1 day ago • 2 minute read
DDSB trustee Linda Stone, already in hot water for transphobic comments, is no longer a speaker at a "transgender insanity" event.

The Durham District School Board (DDSB) took to social media earlier this week to distance themselves from an event in Oshawa, “that places transgender identities at the centre of a discussion in a hurtful and discriminatory way.”

The DDSB condemned such activities and emphasized their support of human rights, “including transgender rights and the dignity of all those we serve.”

The event in question takes place in Oshawa on March 14 — put on by Action4Canada — to address “psychological manipulation and indoctrination in the education system.”

As their flyer shouts, “Stop the Global Transgenderism Insanity on our children!!”

Action4Canada is a controversial group and has been described in the past as anti-LGBTQ.

The DDSB was forced to wade into this because one of the featured speakers at the Action4Canada event is Trustee Linda Stone — or at least, she was listed as one of the speakers.

Asked for comment Wednesday, Stone said she is not participating at the event. She did not respond to a question asking whether she had dropped out, or been named in error. Action4Canada did not respond when it was asked the same question.

Board spokesperson Cory Wilkins said in a statement: “We understand that Trustee Stone’s name has now been taken off the flyer. The Board does not pre-approve nor control which events trustees may choose to attend.

“However, trustee conduct is governed by the Education Act and the board’s code of conduct, and all trustees must take steps to ensure that their conduct is in accord with the expectations and standards set out in those documents.”

This is not the first skirmish Stone and the DDSB have had.

In February, a special board meeting outlined some previous complaints against Stone. At that time, trustees censured Stone, voting to ban her from the next school board meeting.

They also banned her from sitting on committees for the rest of this year.

In May 2022, Stone resigned as a trustee after her transphobic social media posts prompted complaints. She was reelected in the fall of 2022.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
If you all of a sudden believe in gawd.

The point that you obviously missed was that if the Talmud has 8 genders listed, then genders and the knowledge of them have been a thing for hundreds/thousands of years. Which means 'genders' isn't a modern thing.

Taxslave2

House Member
Aug 13, 2022
Not like you'd understand it anyhow.

You're a firefighter. I honor your guts.
Guts or nuts? There are a lot of people think we are nuts to run into a burning building. Maybe we are. I can live with that. What I don't like is being called heroes. We train to do this. In an IDLH environment the difference between hero and zero is about 5 seconds, sometimes less.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Guts or nuts? There are a lot of people think we are nuts to run into a burning building. Maybe we are. I can live with that. What I don't like is being called heroes. We train to do this. In an IDLH environment the difference between hero and zero is about 5 seconds, sometimes less.

Part of my job is to dispatch our three local fire departments and handle any call outs if need be. It's part of the job I love most, to be honest. I don't think you're nuts for going into burning buildings - hell, my uncle was a fire fighter in Saint John, got an award once for a rescue he did and just before he died he was up to get recognition for his service which I think they did after he passed - but it does take a certain kind of person to do it.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Reactions: Dixie Cup

Taxslave2

House Member
Aug 13, 2022
Part of my job is to dispatch our three local fire departments and handle any call outs if need be. It's part of the job I love most, to be honest. I don't think you're nuts for going into burning buildings - hell, my uncle was a fire fighter in Saint John, got an award once for a rescue he did and just before he died he was up to get recognition for his service which I think they did after he passed - but it does take a certain kind of person to do it.
Actually, there are two basic types that become volunteer firefighters. The one’s like me, that are capable and consider it community service, and the ones that think they are special. The latter get weeded out pretty quickly. A para military organization does not fit their view of themselves. Career departments are somewhat different. They can use the overachiever to their advantage sometimes. They do have the problems of politics over merit in their hiring sometimes. In a lot of ways they are like a sports organization.

Taxslave2

House Member
Aug 13, 2022
I am a soon to be retired volunteer. I’m going to be 68 in a few months and had enough. Best to retire before your best before date.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Actually, there are two basic types that become volunteer firefighters. The one’s like me, that are capable and consider it community service, and the ones that think they are special. The latter get weeded out pretty quickly. A para military organization does not fit their view of themselves. Career departments are somewhat different. They can use the overachiever to their advantage sometimes. They do have the problems of politics over merit in their hiring sometimes. In a lot of ways they are like a sports organization.

Ours are all volunteers, except the Chief of our main town itself who is on staff.

But our immediate department has had serious issues with the volunteers and the chief and town. And with our region now amalgamized, well... there's rumors from the other two departments about the Chief.

Otherwise, our guys are dedicated, we tend to shock people who come and see how things are run here (there's a partnership between the RCMP and main Fire Department locally that doesn't happen anywhere else). And I try my damnest to help "my guys" as much as I can when things happen.

Reactions: Taxslave2