Woke Disney

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Since when? Since the leftists have declared it so? You must be joking! Seriously.

Don't know history much, do you?

"Although contemporary culture likes to position gender non-conforming people as a new phenomenon, history shows otherwise. Anthropologists have long documented cultures around the world that acknowledge more than two genders. There are examples going back 3,000 years to the Iron Age, and even further back to the Copper Age. In this article, we’ll explore cultures from around the world in which the boundaries between male and female gender expressions have been fluid — and celebrated for being so."

"Social convention says there are two types of people: male and female. And you know who’s who based on their genitalia. But in fact, various cultures have long recognized members who buck the biological binary. The ancients wrote of people who were neither men nor women; individuals have been swapping genders for centuries; and intellectuals have fiercely debated the connection between the body and the self. Today, there are many populations with alternative identities, such as hijras in South Asia, kathoeys in Thailand, and muxes in Mexico. Yet these groups haven’t had it easy, often facing discrimination and violence. Only recently has the fight for legal recognition — and respect — of "third gender" begun to bear fruit, thanks to pioneering activists and policymakers. The world, it seems, is slowly embracing an adage once restricted to liberal universities: Gender is a construct, and people should be able to define it for themselves."

"Before sexologist John Money and colleagues introduced the terminological distinction between biological sex and gender as a role in 1955, it was uncommon to use the word gender to refer to anything but grammatical categories.[1][2] For example, in a bibliography of 12,000 references on marriage and family from 1900 to 1964, the term gender does not even emerge once.[1] Analysis of more than 30 million academic article titles from 1945 to 2001 showed that the uses of the term "gender", were much rarer than uses of "sex", was often used as a grammatical category early in this period. By the end of this period, uses of "gender" outnumbered uses of "sex" in the social sciences, arts, and humanities.[2] It was in the 1970s that feminist scholars adopted the term gender as way of distinguishing "socially constructed" aspects of male–female differences (gender) from "biologically determined" aspects (sex).[2]"

I KNOW it's hard for you to grasp that, Dix, but, really, the 'more than two genders' thing has been around for centuries. The idea of 'gender' is a recent thing, (see above link)

Here's something I also didn't know which, in a way, proves Trans people are a reality and "thing" and it's not something "Forced" onto kids by parents.

Basically? A botched circumcision destroyed David's penis as an infant, so his parents elected - after consulting Mr. Money (ha) - to have him given GRS and the remains of his penis made into a vagina, thinking that being a 'girl' would be better for him. Turns out, it wasn't, and he committed suicide at 38.

Because he was NEVER a girl to begin with, but a boy.

And TBH, David's case should be held up as part of the proof that Trans people are legitimate and should be more referenced to it.

So... NOW will you admit that biology and science (anthropology in part) have proven that "Gender" is more than just the male/female?

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton

"Although contemporary culture likes to position gender non-conforming people as a new phenomenon, history shows otherwise. Anthropologists have long documented cultures around the world that acknowledge more than two genders. There are examples going back 3,000 years to the Iron Age, and even further back to the Copper Age. In this article, we’ll explore cultures from around the world in which the boundaries between male and female gender expressions have been fluid — and celebrated for being so."

"Social convention says there are two types of people: male and female. And you know who’s who based on their genitalia. But in fact, various cultures have long recognized members who buck the biological binary. The ancients wrote of people who were neither men nor women; individuals have been swapping genders for centuries; and intellectuals have fiercely debated the connection between the body and the self. Today, there are many populations with alternative identities, such as hijras in South Asia, kathoeys in Thailand, and muxes in Mexico. Yet these groups haven’t had it easy, often facing discrimination and violence. Only recently has the fight for legal recognition — and respect — of "third gender" begun to bear fruit, thanks to pioneering activists and policymakers. The world, it seems, is slowly embracing an adage once restricted to liberal universities: Gender is a construct, and people should be able to define it for themselves."

"Before sexologist John Money and colleagues introduced the terminological distinction between biological sex and gender as a role in 1955, it was uncommon to use the word gender to refer to anything but grammatical categories.[1][2] For example, in a bibliography of 12,000 references on marriage and family from 1900 to 1964, the term gender does not even emerge once.[1] Analysis of more than 30 million academic article titles from 1945 to 2001 showed that the uses of the term "gender", were much rarer than uses of "sex", was often used as a grammatical category early in this period. By the end of this period, uses of "gender" outnumbered uses of "sex" in the social sciences, arts, and humanities.[2] It was in the 1970s that feminist scholars adopted the term gender as way of distinguishing "socially constructed" aspects of male–female differences (gender) from "biologically determined" aspects (sex).[2]"

I KNOW it's hard for you to grasp that, Dix, but, really, the 'more than two genders' thing has been around for centuries. The idea of 'gender' is a recent thing, (see above link)

Here's something I also didn't know which, in a way, proves Trans people are a reality and "thing" and it's not something "Forced" onto kids by parents.

Basically? A botched circumcision destroyed David's penis as an infant, so his parents elected - after consulting Mr. Money (ha) - to have him given GRS and the remains of his penis made into a vagina, thinking that being a 'girl' would be better for him. Turns out, it wasn't, and he committed suicide at 38.

Because he was NEVER a girl to begin with, but a boy.

And TBH, David's case should be held up as part of the proof that Trans people are legitimate and should be more referenced to it.

So... NOW will you admit that biology and science (anthropology in part) have proven that "Gender" is more than just the male/female?
No I will not. Mental Health issues aren't necessarily a new phenomena. Do you actually think it is?

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
No I will not. Mental Health issues aren't necessarily a new phenomena. Do you actually think it is?

So you won't educate yourself on this.

Well Dix, that is on YOU and your insistent denial that gender is just two and so on is built on your willingness to be ignorant.

"Mental Health Issues" isn't a new thing, it's been around since the dawn of man.

But being Trans and more than one gender isn't "just" a mental illness; you'd know that if you would educate yourself. But you won't, you refuse to.

And I refuse to indulge your blatant ignorance further. You want to be a dumbass, stay a dumbass, have fun with it. Don't expect people to tolerate you being a dumbass.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Education is the enemy of certainty.

I fully admit I've been a jerk to Dix quite a lot. But the above post with the links was an honest attempt at providing education, to learn.

And Dix has chosen to brush it off and claim it's "mental illness", thus showing she wants to be an ignorant dumbass.

Like most others.

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
I don't think you actually read what you posted.

The vast majority of the examples spoke of people who were in between male and female. Or had traits of both.

That's still just two genders. If i mix rum and coke, i've got a rum and coke. I don't have an orange crush. In other words its still just two genders with a little bit of each.

ANd certainly you can say people might well have elements normally assocaited with both genders. There's always been effeminate men and 'tom boy' girls. But that isn't the same as more than two genders, that's just someone with elements of the two genders in their personality.

Which is fine - all people have a little of both. How much differs between people. Some call it a 'spectrum' between the two, But a 'third' gender would have to be something that doesn't display the elements of either male or female and was unique.

Give me an example of that. Betcha can't :)

Reactions: Dixie Cup

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
So you won't educate yourself on this.

Well Dix, that is on YOU and your insistent denial that gender is just two and so on is built on your willingness to be ignorant.

"Mental Health Issues" isn't a new thing, it's been around since the dawn of man.

But being Trans and more than one gender isn't "just" a mental illness; you'd know that if you would educate yourself. But you won't, you refuse to.

And I refuse to indulge your blatant ignorance further. You want to be a dumbass, stay a dumbass, have fun with it. Don't expect people to tolerate you being a dumbass.
Ever consider it might be something environmental driving the recent spike in people facing gender indecision/disphoria? Whats easier for Govt? Accept the impending Class Action suit or coddle the victims of your bad policy decisions to cover it up?