WE really need to get rid of this guy

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
It's very simple really, if you don't like the leader you have, elect someone better. Easy peasy.
It is anything but easy. As long as our electoral system is rigged in favour of parties and more seats in Ontario and Quebec, nothing will change. Read some background on the push for prorep. All about "the party", not the candidate or the electorate.

Reactions: Twin_Moose

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
Except for a dipper. The best of them is still worse than turdOWE.
I doubt that! "Turdowe" is too self-satisfied and ideologically the opposite of what Canadians stand for. At least, the others "claim" to have the best interest of all Canadians which is more than JT has ever said or done. He's more interested in his global ambitions so he really couldn't care a less about us.

Nick Danger

Council Member
Jul 21, 2013
Penticton, BC
Everybody gets a vote. I just have to wonder why the Liberals are continually polling ahead of the competition. O'Toole is in a tough spot. The economy, social and financial inequality, and environmental issues all consistently top the list of what's important to voters right now, and all of these items carry hefty rice tags to deal with effectively. That just doesn't squeeze into the low taxes/small government conservative playbook. Plus all the low hanging fruit has already been plucked by the Liberals and NDP. Anything the CPC comes up with at this point is either going to "too little too late" of require such a shift to the left in policy that his party will implode. Tough spot.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
"As long as our electoral system is rigged in favour of parties and more seats in Ontario and Quebec, nothing will change."

I gotta call you out on that taxslave! Shouldn't the system be "rigged" to give the jurisdictions with the biggest population the biggest clout? :)

bob the dog

Council Member
Aug 14, 2020
I doubt that! "Turdowe" is too self-satisfied and ideologically the opposite of what Canadians stand for. At least, the others "claim" to have the best interest of all Canadians which is more than JT has ever said or done. He's more interested in his global ambitions so he really couldn't care a less about us.
Marketing it as Star power.

"He is puffed up with the vanity of his imagination; his delight is to hear and speak of himself all the day long. He swalloweth with greediness his own praise, and the flatterer in return eateth him up"

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
"As long as our electoral system is rigged in favour of parties and more seats in Ontario and Quebec, nothing will change."

I gotta call you out on that taxslave! Shouldn't the system be "rigged" to give the jurisdictions with the biggest population the biggest clout? :)
But should the 1 province be able to form Federal Gov. if they vote in unison?

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
He's basking under a double whammy, not only better than the Dippers, but also better than Trump by a country mile. :)
Why not explain that in economic terms , please . How is Canada better off with Trudeau and never ending deficit financing ? How is your grandchildren’s future prospects when the debt is called ?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
He has no choice with his very weak minority Gov. what will he do if given a Majority Gov?
Yeah, terrible minority Gov't.
At the conclusion of final count the election results were as follows:
BC NDP57
BC Liberal Party28
BC Green Party2

Decapoda

Council Member
Mar 4, 2016
No, it shouldn't. Fact is, this is a big country with a very diverse population, and equally diverse regional interest. Why the hell should Toronto be determining policy decisions that don't affect them, or that they know very little or nothing about? It is unacceptable that under our current system, the entire prairie region of Canada has literally ZERO representation. Cabinets should include representation from each province...or at the very least, every region. But this is not the case.

Trudeau actually addressed this in 2019 when his party were wiped out in SK and AB after the last election, he said it is “extremely important” to him that the government work for all Canadians.
“... as I have endeavoured to do over the past years, and as I will do even more now deliberately, I will be reaching out to leaders across the country, reaching out specifically to westerners to hear from them.”

As anyone who lives West of MB/ON border can attest to, he has done anything but what he said....nothing!! He has deliberately and continuously poked his finger in the eye of Westerners, the most recent example of this is his unfathomably arrogant outright rejection yesterday for Saskatchewan to bring in their own carbon plan the way he has allowed all other provinces to do...and he rejected it without any reason or rational!! He just felt he needed to make Western Canadians pay because Scott Moe hasn't fallen in line with his ideology, but has instead fought for the best interest of the people in his province, which is his job.

This system is seriously broken, and if something doesn't happen soon to fix it or at least make an effort to try and better represent the interests of the WHOLE country, we are on a certain course for more division and extreme discontent in this country.

Last edited:
Reactions: Twin_Moose

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
No, it shouldn't. Fact is, this is a big country with a very diverse population, and equally diverse regional interest. Why the hell should Toronto be determining policy decisions that don't affect them, or that they know very little or nothing about? It is unacceptable that under our current system, the entire prairie region of Canada has literally ZERO representation. Cabinets should include representation from each province...or at the very least, every region. But this is not the case.

Trudeau actually addressed this in 2019 when his party were wiped out in SK and AB after the last election, he said it is “extremely important” to him that the government work for all Canadians.
“... as I have endeavoured to do over the past years, and as I will do even more now deliberately, I will be reaching out to leaders across the country, reaching out specifically to westerners to hear from them.”

As anyone who lives West of MB/ON border can attest to, he has done anything but what he said....nothing!! He has deliberately and continuously poked his finger in the eye of Westerners, the most recent example of this is his unfathomably arrogant outright rejection yesterday for Saskatchewan to bring in their own carbon plan the way he has allowed all other provinces to do...and he rejected it without any reason or rational!! He just felt he needed to make Western Canadians pay because Scott Moe hasn't fallen in line with his ideology, but has instead fought for the best interest of the people in his province, which is his job.

This system is seriously broken, and if something doesn't happen soon to fix it or at least make an effort to try and better represent the interests of the WHOLE country, we are on a certain course for more division and extreme discontent in this country.
Sorry, I guess we have to agree to disagree?

Decapoda

Council Member
Mar 4, 2016
Sorry, I guess we have to agree to disagree?
Sure, works for me...not much else to do if you have no counter argument.

One question though...how do you feel about Quebec declaring itself a distinct nation, separate from Canada...and the Federal Government supporting them on this? How do you feel about First Nations self-governance? Do you think they should just simmer the hell down and fall in line with the rest of Canada? I mean after all, this obvious regional/cultural "system rigging" with the Federal Government endorsing and even fighting for it.

Last edited: