Canada's New Governor General Designate

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
You might want to get the full story before shooting your face off. I think like with most disputes there's right and wrong on both sides. The treatment they were subjected to in the residential schools was MOSTLY wrong!
Musta been some good since a fair percentage of Chiefs supported it until the '80's, do you think there is any abuse in the new Rezidential schools?

Reactions: petros

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Musta been some good since a fair percentage of Chiefs supported it until the '80's, do you think there is any abuse in the new Rezidential schools?
No doubt but in my mind "taking the Indian out of the kid" alone is dead wrong in my books!

bob the dog

Council Member
Aug 14, 2020
Balderdash!!!

If Natives are victims, then they have themselves to blame.

It’s high time they started pulling their own weight to look after themselves, the Whiteman has given them more than enough tools to be able to look after themselves.

But they have chosen to adopt the culture that they will benefit more if they remain useless, then the Whiteman will continue to look after them.
Same as all the white people who have chosen to work for the public service and remained useless except to the banks that they owed enormous money too and ironically did serve a purpose.

White people have served themselves first since day one continuing to this day.

AureaOlivas

Time Out
Feb 15, 2021
I am so happy too! This is very historical for Canada. In fact, it’s another milestone set in Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s office. To those who are not familiar with Mary Simon, she is a former broadcaster, civil servant, and diplomat. Her indigenous group is Kangiqsualujjuaq in Quebec.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I am so happy too! This is very historical for Canada. In fact, it’s another milestone set in Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s office. To those who are not familiar with Mary Simon, she is a former broadcaster, civil servant, and diplomat. Her indigenous group is Kangiqsualujjuaq in Quebec.
She'll be like a breath of fresh air. What a contrast to that other thing!

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
AKA one more liberal supporter that has lived off the taxpayer most of her life. This is a photo opp. Nothing more and possibly a lot less.

Reactions: Twin_Moose

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
Well, I guess we'll have to wait and see. I agree the position should be "cancelled" (for lack of a better term) but since it hasn't been, let's see what it is exactly that she'll do. I don't believe she has the power to change anything by herself - she can just "rubber stamp" whatever is put in front of her which is why the position is useless to begin with and a major taxpayer expense that we can't afford.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Well, I guess we'll have to wait and see. I agree the position should be "cancelled" (for lack of a better term) but since it hasn't been, let's see what it is exactly that she'll do. I don't believe she has the power to change anything by herself - she can just "rubber stamp" whatever is put in front of her which is why the position is useless to begin with and a major taxpayer expense that we can't afford.
The job of a GG is to look good at formal diners, attend various events, rubber stamp the laws passed by commons + senate and officially call elections or change governments based upon advise of PM (but not bound to). Usually, as long as one is not a complete idiot, one can function well in this role. It takes a complete idiot to make the role a fiasco. The last GG was a complete idiot. The new one will likely return some dignity back to the office.

taxme

Time Out
Feb 11, 2020
You might want to get the full story before shooting your face off. I think like with most disputes there's right and wrong on both sides. The treatment they were subjected to in the residential schools was MOSTLY wrong!
Before you shoot your mouth off with your typical bleeding heart white leftist lieberal way of thinking you might want to try and start thinking for yourself for a change.

There is not much that can be done about what took place centuries ago to the Indians in Canada. It's over. What can be done about what happened centuries ago today? NOTHING. That time has long gone. These native Indians need to get over it. The white people that are alive today had nothing to do with what happened in the past. Stop rubbing this shit in my face all the time because that is what is being done here. The native Indians of Canada are trying to make all white people today feel guilty for what other white people did long ago.

I believe that the Native Indians of today are trying to make a big deal out of this residential school thing to try and gain more sympathy and get more tax dollars from the taxpayer's wallets. I doubt that these native Indians who keep crying about what happened in the past could really careless as to what happened in the past. It's all for show. What some people did in the past to the native Indians are all dead now. They cannot be brought back to justice.

This is just more bull shit being pushed by the fake and lying corrupt Canadian media and our totally useless leftist liberal politicians who will once again start handing over more tax dollars and more land to these ungrateful Indians. The white people have been forced to kiss their native Indian arses for several decades now and it needs to end now. If these Indians had any integrity and honesty and whom appear to hate old whitey so much why then do they keep taking white people's tax dollars? Use your own money to fight your own battles in court and stop stealing my tax dollars to fight on your behalf. Just my opinion of course.

Reactions: bill barilko

taxme

Time Out
Feb 11, 2020
She is just another liberal hack who will be sucking off the white people's tax dollars to try and piss white people off even more and to try and make white people feel guilty for being alive. What happened in the past cannot be undone. The white people in this country have done enough to help pay thru their tax dollars for the sins of what other what people had done in the past. It needs to stop now.

The way things are going on these days towards white people with all what appears to be the promotion of hatred to towards white people in general needs to stop now. I for one am getting tired of all of this anti-white bull shit going on in Canada but around the world. As an old black preacher once said " don't make the white man angry". I am but one white man that is starting to get angry and believe me I am not alone. This hate old whitey nonsense needs to stop now. Just my personal opinion.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Before you shoot your mouth off with your typical bleeding heart white leftist lieberal way of thinking you might want to try and start thinking for yourself for a change.

There is not much that can be done about what took place centuries ago to the Indians in Canada. It's over. What can be done about what happened centuries ago today? NOTHING. That time has long gone. These native Indians need to get over it. The white people that are alive today had nothing to do with what happened in the past. Stop rubbing this shit in my face all the time because that is what is being done here. The native Indians of Canada are trying to make all white people today feel guilty for what other white people did long ago.

I believe that the Native Indians of today are trying to make a big deal out of this residential school thing to try and gain more sympathy and get more tax dollars from the taxpayer's wallets. I doubt that these native Indians who keep crying about what happened in the past could really careless as to what happened in the past. It's all for show. What some people did in the past to the native Indians are all dead now. They cannot be brought back to justice.

This is just more bull shit being pushed by the fake and lying corrupt Canadian media and our totally useless leftist liberal politicians who will once again start handing over more tax dollars and more land to these ungrateful Indians. The white people have been forced to kiss their native Indian arses for several decades now and it needs to end now. If these Indians had any integrity and honesty and whom appear to hate old whitey so much why then do they keep taking white people's tax dollars? Use your own money to fight your own battles in court and stop stealing my tax dollars to fight on your behalf. Just my opinion of course.
"I believe that the Native Indians of today are trying to make a big deal out of this residential school thing to try and gain more sympathy and get more tax dollars from the taxpayer's wallets." If your relatives/ancestors wound up dead, you'd likely be making "a big deal" out of it too, there, Einstein!

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
"I believe that the Native Indians of today are trying to make a big deal out of this residential school thing to try and gain more sympathy and get more tax dollars from the taxpayer's wallets." If your relatives/ancestors wound up dead, you'd likely be making "a big deal" out of it too, there, Einstein!
Most of my ancestors are dead.