Canada's New Governor General Designate

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
And just who the hell is this Native Indian woman anyway? I never heard of her before. Must have been a chief or something else of some Indian band tribe who gave taxpayer tax dollar donations that she and her Indian band . (n)
Actually, I think she is half white and half Eskimo.
Truddy has done a lot for the Indians already and now he is doing something for the Eskimo’s.

The Eskimo’s should be happy, the Edmonton Eskimos changed their name to appease some of the louder Eskimo’s.

Reactions: Twin_Moose

Decapoda

Council Member
Mar 4, 2016
She is just another leftist liberal political appointee who will do nothing for Canada or Canadians. Her only interests as the GG of Canada will be to look after native Indians and their problems and rights. Just like Fidel Trudeau her interests will no doubt be anti-white and pro Indian. Just saying. (n)
She seems to have noble intentions, even if they are impossible to achieve. It would be nice if everyone in Canada had opportunity for gainful employment, unrestricted access to public transportation, clean drinking water, and a grocery store just down the street. But it's not going to happen. Someone should explain to people who are calling for more infrastructure, funding and resources for the North that most of Northern Canada has a population density of less than 1 person per 100 km. The people who live there have been there for generations with no outside support.

There is actually a fairly strong argument to be made that we should not interfere in their established culture or introduce our white colonial technology and ways. We know how that's gone over in the past.

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
There is actually a fairly strong argument to be made that we should not interfere in their established culture or introduce our white colonial technology and ways. We know how that's gone over in the past.
Not sure who is making this argument, they want snowmobiles, half tons and housing with heat, they can’t get this with their culture and ways, plus they also want the white mans money. The colonial way has been good to them even tho they don’t want to admit to it.

• Wow
Reactions: Twin_Moose

taxme

Time Out
Feb 11, 2020
She seems to have noble intentions, even if they are impossible to achieve. It would be nice if everyone in Canada had opportunity for gainful employment, unrestricted access to public transportation, clean drinking water, and a grocery store just down the street. But it's not going to happen. Someone should explain to people who are calling for more infrastructure, funding and resources for the North that most of Northern Canada has a population density of less than 1 person per 100 km. The people who live there have been there for generations with no outside support.

The native Indians are always whining about what the white people have done to them in the past. No matter what old whitey tries to do to make up for their past sins they still get treated like shit by these ungrateful native Indians. These Indians have been getting billions of tax dollars from white people for decades now. They should be one of the richest people in Canada. But they are not. why, you may ask?

Because those native Indians have no idea as to how to manage all those billions of tax dollars that they have been receiving for decades now from old whitey except to know how to buy white people's toys like guns, boats and vehicles at taxpayer's expense. They never had indoor plumbing or electricity until old whitey came along. They have it a lot better today then what their ancestors did centuries ago. True, we should never have interfered in their lives. We should have just left them alone as they were and let them fight for their own survival without old Whitey's help. Old whitey phuk'd that up alright by trying to help

Most of these ungrateful bum Indians are just naturally born crybabies who never know when they have it made. Maybe old whitey should stop given them more of our tax dollars and tell them all to go find a job and shut the hell up. I am one white guy who is fed up with their constant whining about something I had nothing to do with in their ancestors past. Get over it and go away. Truth hurts but it must be said. Works for me. (y)

Reactions: Durry

Decapoda

Council Member
Mar 4, 2016
The native Indians are always whining about what the white people have done to them in the past. No matter what old whitey tries to do to make up for their past sins they still get treated like shit by these ungrateful native Indians. These Indians have been getting billions of tax dollars from white people for decades now. They should be one of the richest people in Canada. But they are not. why, you may ask?

Because those native Indians have no idea as to how to manage all those billions of tax dollars that they have been receiving for decades now from old whitey except to know how to buy white people's toys like guns, boats and vehicles at taxpayer's expense. They never had indoor plumbing or electricity until old whitey came along. They have it a lot better today then what their ancestors did centuries ago. True, we should never have interfered in their lives. We should have just left them alone as they were and let them fight for their own survival without old Whitey's help. Old whitey phuk'd that up alright by trying to help

Most of these ungrateful bum Indians are just naturally born crybabies who never know when they have it made. Maybe old whitey should stop given them more of our tax dollars and tell them all to go find a job and shut the hell up. I am one white guy who is fed up with their constant whining about something I had nothing to do with in their ancestors past. Get over it and go away. Truth hurts but it must be said. Works for me. (y)
the average native in Canada is not well off today because they have been used as pawns for the last century by politicians. I say "the average native," because there are some wealthy natives, but they usually hold a position of power within the band...they certainly aren't pawns.

Natives in this country are victims...they're victims of failed government policy, of greedy chiefs and band leaders, of inept and pathetically cowardice politicians, victims of the Indian Act. This has caused a lot of anger, frustration, and pain. But the pain did not come from the "white man," Canadians regardless of their colour, ancestry or their past vote for our leaders...but we don't control them. We are controlled by them.

White people, the Catholic church, the Anglican Church, groundskeeper Willie at the local school....these are all scapegoats used by the entities who have actually caused all the pain in an effort to avert blame from being put on themselves. This is why you don't see politicians get too upset when a couple of dozen churches get torched, and why Trudeau demands an apology from the pope, instead of acknowledging his own miserable and pathetic failure on indigenous policy.

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
the average native in Canada is not well off today because they have been used as pawns for the last century by politicians. I say "the average native," because there are some wealthy natives, but they usually hold a position of power within the band...they certainly aren't pawns.

Natives in this country are victims...they're victims of failed government policy, of greedy chiefs and band leaders, of inept and pathetically cowardice politicians, victims of the Indian Act. This has caused a lot of anger, frustration, and pain. But the pain did not come from the "white man," Canadians regardless of their colour, ancestry or their past vote for our leaders...but we don't control them. We are controlled by them.

White people, the Catholic church, the Anglican Church, groundskeeper Willie at the local school....these are all scapegoats used by the entities who have actually caused all the pain in an effort to avert blame from being put on themselves. This is why you don't see politicians get too upset when a couple of dozen churches get torched, and why Trudeau demands an apology from the pope, instead of acknowledging his own miserable and pathetic failure on indigenous policy.
Balderdash!!!

If Natives are victims, then they have themselves to blame.

It’s high time they started pulling their own weight to look after themselves, the Whiteman has given them more than enough tools to be able to look after themselves.

But they have chosen to adopt the culture that they will benefit more if they remain useless, then the Whiteman will continue to look after them.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

You might want to get the full story before shooting your face off. I think like with most disputes there's right and wrong on both sides. The treatment they were subjected to in the residential schools was MOSTLY wrong!