Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Vatican: gender theory a bid to 'annihilate nature'
Reuters
Published:
June 10, 2019
Updated:
June 10, 2019 12:33 PM EDT
Pope Francis celebrates the Pentecost mass-vigil on June 8, 2019 in Saint Peter's square at the Vatican.Getty Images
VATICAN CITY — The Vatican condemned gender theory on Monday as part of a “confused concept of freedom,” saying in a new document that the idea of gender being determined by personal feeling rather than biology was an attempt to “annihilate nature.”
LGBT rights advocates denounced the 30-page document, called “Male and Female He Created Them,” as harmful and confusing, saying it would encourage hatred and bigotry.
The document, the Vatican’s first on gender theory, was written by the Congregation for Catholic Education as an “instruction” to Catholic educators on how to address the topic of gender theory in line with Church teaching.
Rainbow flags are seen at the Stonewall National Monument, the first LGBTQ national monument, dedicated to the birthplace of modern lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer civil rights movement on June 4, 2019 in New York City. Pride Month 2019 marks The Stonewall 50th Anniversary. Getty Images
It was released as lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people around the world have been celebrating “Pride Month” amid a surge in demands for acceptance of the idea that gender is more complex and fluid than the binary categories of male and female, and depends on more than visible sex characteristics.
“The concept of gender is seen as dependent upon the subjective mindset of each person, who can choose a gender not corresponding to his or her biological sex, and therefore with the way others see that person,” the Vatican booklet says.
It says gender theories are “often founded on nothing more than a confused concept of freedom in the realm of feelings and wants, or momentary desires provoked by emotional impulses and the will of the individual, as opposed to anything based on the truths of existence.”
Francis DeBernardo, executive director of New Ways Ministry, which seeks to reconcile LGBT Catholics and the institutional Church, called the booklet “a gross misrepresentation” of the lives of LGBT people that could encourage violence against them.
“The misinformation the document contains will cause families to reject their children, and it will increase alienation of LGBT people from the Church,” he said in a statement.
While the document is not signed by Pope Francis, it several times quotes from his speeches and teachings and those of previous popes. It was issued with little advance notice to reporters and without the customary news conference.
Prosecutor: Ex-Vatican treasurer’s child sex offence conviction should stand
Vatican defrocks ex-U.S. cardinal McCarrick over sex abuse
HOLY SEE RUNNERS: Vatican launches track team to compete in Olympics
It denounced theories that attempted to “annihilate the concept of nature” and “educational programs and legislative trends that … make a radical break with the actual biological difference between male and female.”
A prominent American Jesuit writer, Father James Martin, tweeted: “The document is mainly a dialog with philosophers and theologians, and with other church documents; but not with scientists and biologists, not with psychologists, and certainly not with LGBT people, whose experiences are given little if any weight.”
DeBernardo added: People do not choose their gender, as the Vatican claims: they discover it through their lived experiences. The Church should respect and encourage this process of discovery, because it is a process by which individuals discover the wonderful way that God has created them.”
http://newwaysministry.org/media
http://torontosun.com/news/world/vatican-gender-theory-a-bid-to-annihilate-nature

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Priest's 'racist' dog blamed for denying work to black housekeeper
Washington Post
Published:
August 19, 2019
Updated:
August 19, 2019 1:04 PM EDT
Rev. Jacek Kowal (LinkedIn)
The home of a Catholic priest was the last place LaShundra Allen ever would have expected to be denied work because of her skin colour, she said.
Allen, who is black, arrived with her white co-worker the morning of May 3 for what was supposed to be her first day cleaning the Rev. Jacek Kowal’s rectory at the Catholic Church of the Incarnation in Collierville, Tenn. The co-worker from the cleaning company who accompanied her, Emily Weaver, was quitting and came along to introduce Allen as her replacement.
But the women wouldn’t get far. The secretary stopped them, Allen told the Washington Post, and said she would have to go ask Kowal if the new arrangement was OK.
The secretary soon informed them it was actually not OK – because of the priest’s “racist” dog.
“I’m sorry,” Kowal’s secretary said, according to a complaint sent to the Catholic Diocese of Memphis last month. “We are not trying to be rude, but the dog doesn’t like black people.”
Allen said she “didn’t really even have words,” baffled at what she just heard. She was ultimately turned away, and the experience haunted her so much that she felt she could not stay silent. “They came at me like it was supposed to be a joke,” she said, “but it was not funny. There was nothing funny about it.” Allen and Weaver sent a racial discrimination complaint to the Diocese of Memphis on July 3, seeking a “settlement and compromise.”
But on Friday, the Diocese of Memphis said in a statement that it completed its investigation and found that what happened at the priest’s rectory “simply was not a case of racial discrimination” and that Kowal “did nothing wrong.” The investigation came in response to the complaint, which was first reported by the Commercial Appeal last week.
In the church’s version of events, the secretary’s words were, “Father Jacek’s dog is kinda racist” – although in the eyes of the diocese, the statement did not stem from any racial discrimination. The priest and church staff were strictly concerned that the dog, a German shepherd named Ceaser, could attack Allen or both women, based in part on a past incident the dog had with an African American person, according to the letter from Bishop David Talley.
“Although the parish staff member’s choice of words was highly unfortunate and imprecise – they were not motivated by racial animus,” Talley wrote. “Rather, the concern by all involved was the safety of these women, one of whom was a stranger to the dog, and they knew that attempting to crate the dog would be dangerous when its owner was not present.”
Allen’s attorney, Maureen Holland, said she was disappointed in the bishop’s finding. Allen said she feared the diocese was not taking her complaint seriously, especially because the church did not respond for weeks to her letter. Blaming a dog for racism, she said, appeared to mask underlying discrimination. And she felt both discipline and training for the priest and staff should have been required, “because he needs to know that it’s not OK to say something like that to people.”
“I took it to be that he was using [the dog] as an excuse,” Allen said. “Dogs can’t see colour. Dogs can only be taught who to be around and who not to be around.”
According to the diocese’s letter, Weaver said she would be happy to put Ceaser in his crate if the secretary was concerned the dog would become aggressive in Allen’s presence. Weaver never had any problems with the dog previously, according to her and Allen’s complaint. But Kowal insisted putting the dog in the crate would be too dangerous without his supervision, “as he was concerned that they would be at risk of being bitten,” Talley wrote. Talley said Kowal would have had the same fear regardless of any new visitor’s skin colour, because the dog does not like strangers.
Still, skin colour was also part of the discussion.
“The staff were aware that years ago the dog had been threatened by a person who happened to be African American, causing the dog to be somewhat more agitated initially around strangers with darker skin, until the dog gets to know them,” Talley wrote. “The replacement employee who was planning to enter the rectory was an African-American person the dog had never met.”
Talley said the employees’ interpretation that Kowal was “motivated by a desire not to have an African American housekeeper” was “simply not true.” He had previously employed an African American housekeeper for five years during his last assignment, Talley noted.
Nick Signaigo, the owner of the cleaning company, Master Building Service Contractors, said Allen and Weaver each called him “hysterical” in May to tell him what happened. The women’s accounts synced up, he said, and he felt like he needed to take immediate action. “I had to take care of my employees,” said Signaigo, a parishioner at Kowal’s church whose children attended Catholic school there.
He immediately severed the contract to clean Kowal’s rectory, although he retained contracts to clean the church and school. He also pulled his children out of the school, saying he felt as if the diocese was ignoring his employees.
“I’m Catholic, I’m a part of the diocese – that’s where I attended church, and I expect something like that to be handled professionally, quickly, and handled immediately,” he told The Post. “But it was not. . . . For this to happen to my employees upsets me highly.”
Kowal did not respond to requests for comment from The Post, but in a statement to the Commercial Appeal last week, he echoed Talley’s explanation, mentioning the dog’s “bad experience” with an African American person. “Since that time, Ceaser (the dog) has been aggressive with strangers until he gets to know them. And this is especially true for strangers that happen to be African American,” Kowal wrote to the newspaper. He strongly disagreed that the incident could be described as racist.
“As a disciple of Jesus Christ, I wholeheartedly believe all forms of discrimination based upon race or ethnicity are sinful and wrong,” he wrote. “As a pastor, I have ministered to, employed and worked with numerous African Americans. Their claim that I didn’t want an African American to clean my rectory is simply not true.”
An attorney for the diocese declined further comment.
Allen’s attorney, Holland, said that the diocese has not contacted her clients directly about their complaint.
http://torontosun.com/news/weird/priests-racist-dog-blamed-for-denying-work-to-black-housekeeper

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Priest Says Fat Women Won't Go To Heaven, Woman Knocks Him Off The Stage

In the church, a priest is expected to perform ceremonies and give sermons to the congregation. The sermons usually address varied religious and scriptural topics. But it's easy to get carried away when you're preaching to a large gathering - like this priest in Brazil.
We'll tell you what he said, but what's more important is what happened to him after - a woman jumped on stage and proceeded to knock the said priest off the platform.
And it was all caught on camera. The video has obviously gone viral on the internet.
According to reports, the woman was listening from the audience but lost it when the priest said ‘fat women don’t go to heaven.’

More: https://www.indiatimes.com/trending...en-woman-knocks-him-off-the-stage-371635.html

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Catholic school bans 'Harry Potter' books because they contain 'actual curses and spells'
WENN - World Entertainment News Network
Published:
September 3, 2019
Updated:
September 3, 2019 10:31 AM EDT
GEE WIZ! HARRY'S HERE! Harry Potter And The Half-Blood PrinceGreg Henkenhaf, Toronto Sun
The Harry Potter books at a private Catholic school in Nashville, Tennessee have been removed from library shelves on the advice of exorcists.
St. Edward Catholic school’s pastor Rev. Dan Reehil claims author J.K. Rowling’s books contain “actual curses and spells”, and therefore they’re not suitable for kids.
In an email to parents, obtained by The Tennessean, Reehil explains he consulted with exorcists, who recommended he remove the books.
He wrote: “The curses and spells used in the books are actual curses and spells; which when read by a human being risk conjuring evil spirits into the presence of the person reading the text.”
The school pastor reportedly sent the email after a parent asked why her daughter couldn’t find a Harry Potter book in the library.
J.K. Rowling set to unveil four new Harry Potter eBooks
#BLACKHOGWARTS: Trending Harry Potter hashtag gets love from J.K. Rowling
Pokemon Go creators release Harry Potter mobile game
http://tennessean.com/story/news/re...-removed-st-edward-catholic-school/2168489001
http://torontosun.com/news/world/ca...because-they-contain-actual-curses-and-spells

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Should the 'day of the lord' tomorrow I don't hold much hope for everybody being around to post on that thread. Good thing conversion isn't part of the mandate. Opening your own yews is the task everybody is given. Not everybody is paying attention, the question here is, how many of you would be able to avoid being found by his band of roaming angels? When asked how many I helped the true answer will have to be 'zero'.
Joe:2:1-11:
Blow ye the trumpet in Zion,
and sound an alarm in my holy mountain:
let all the inhabitants of the land tremble:
for the day of the LORD cometh,
for it is nigh at hand;
A day of darkness and of gloominess,
a day of clouds and of thick darkness,
as the morning spread upon the mountains:
a great people and a strong;
there hath not been ever the like,
neither shall be any more after it,
even to the years of many generations.
A fire devoureth before them;
and behind them a flame burneth:
the land is as the garden of Eden before them,
and behind them a desolate wilderness;
yea,
and nothing shall escape them.
The appearance of them is as the appearance of horses;
and as horsemen,
so shall they run.
Like the noise of chariots on the tops of mountains shall they leap,
like the noise of a flame of fire that devoureth the stubble,
as a strong people set in battle array.
Before their face the people shall be much pained:
all faces shall gather blackness.
They shall run like mighty men;
they shall climb the wall like men of war;
and they shall march every one on his ways,
and they shall not break their ranks:
Neither shall one thrust another;
they shall walk every one in his path:
and when they fall upon the sword,
they shall not be wounded.
They shall run to and fro in the city;
they shall run upon the wall,
they shall climb up upon the houses;
they shall enter in at the windows like a thief.
The earth shall quake before them;
the heavens shall tremble:
the sun and the moon shall be dark,
and the stars shall withdraw their shining:
And the LORD shall utter his voice before his army:
for his camp is very great:
for he is strong that executeth his word:
for the day of the LORD is great and very terrible;
and who can abide it?

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Catholic school bans 'Harry Potter' books because they contain 'actual curses and spells'
WENN - World Entertainment News Network
Published:
September 3, 2019
Updated:
September 3, 2019 10:31 AM EDT
GEE WIZ! HARRY'S HERE! Harry Potter And The Half-Blood PrinceGreg Henkenhaf, Toronto Sun
The Harry Potter books at a private Catholic school in Nashville, Tennessee have been removed from library shelves on the advice of exorcists.
St. Edward Catholic school’s pastor Rev. Dan Reehil claims author J.K. Rowling’s books contain “actual curses and spells”, and therefore they’re not suitable for kids.
In an email to parents, obtained by The Tennessean, Reehil explains he consulted with exorcists, who recommended he remove the books.
He wrote: “The curses and spells used in the books are actual curses and spells; which when read by a human being risk conjuring evil spirits into the presence of the person reading the text.”
The school pastor reportedly sent the email after a parent asked why her daughter couldn’t find a Harry Potter book in the library.
J.K. Rowling set to unveil four new Harry Potter eBooks
#BLACKHOGWARTS: Trending Harry Potter hashtag gets love from J.K. Rowling
Pokemon Go creators release Harry Potter mobile game
http://tennessean.com/story/news/re...-removed-st-edward-catholic-school/2168489001
http://torontosun.com/news/world/ca...because-they-contain-actual-curses-and-spells
This is about Rome's 500 year rule over Jerusalem. Can you spot the place where God makes them stumble but not fall?
Da:8:9-12:
And out of one of them came forth a little horn,
which waxed exceeding great,
toward the south,
and toward the east,
and toward the pleasant land.
And it waxed great,
even to the host of heaven;
and it cast down some of the host and of the stars to the ground,
and stamped upon them.
Yea,
he magnified himself even to the prince of the host,
and by him the daily sacrifice was taken away,
and the place of his sanctuary was cast down.
And an host was given him against the daily sacrifice by reason of transgression,
and it cast down the truth to the ground;
and it practised,
and prospered.

There is more at play than the verses as the RCC has some masters that they obey right here. I fear this place is not ready for that truth, . . . and may never be. God has a solution to those that ignore 'tribulation, it is called Great Tribulation.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
LILLEY: 'Scrap Catholic schools', says Liberal leader hopeful
Brian Lilley
Published:
October 25, 2019
Updated:
October 25, 2019 4:54 PM EDT
File shot of the Toronto District Catholic School Board building at 80 Sheppard Ave E. in Toronto.Michael Peake / Toronto Sun file
I remember the scene vividly while dropping by the campaign office of a local Liberal candidate.
I was dropping in to see a friend who was working on the campaign, and it was just him and the campaign manager doing some data entry ahead of the official campaign launch.
“Get me the list of Catholic school supporters and I’ll tell you where to put my signs,” the campaign manager said.
It was true then and in many cases is true now — the Liberal Party of Ontario draws a large part of their support from Catholic school supporters.
So it was more than a little surprising to hear Liberal leadership candidate Alvin Tedjo promise to scrap the Catholic school system if elected to lead his party.
Story continues below
This advertisement has not loaded yet,
but your article continues below.
“I think it is time here in Ontario that we took a real look at this,” Tedjo said.
“We have multiple systems and we don’t need that.”
Tedjo points to claims that merging the Public and Catholic school boards would save $1.6 billion annually, with the money reinvested into classrooms.
You’ll forgive my skepticism, but we heard that municipal mergers would save money and most taxpayers wouldn’t say they’ve seen the savings.
Tedjo says municipalities and school boards are different, and believes the savings will still be there.
Given that Catholic school boards often pay employees slightly less, that they are — in general — more fiscally prudent, I can see those promised savings evaporate.
So what about all those families that send their children to Catholic school, would they still have that choice and simply see the administration sides merge?
No, Tedjo says it would be one board and that religion could be an elective that students could take but that no one would be forced to pray in schools — as many Catholic schools do to open the day.
“I am an unabashed defender of choice for families,” education minister Stephen Lecce said Thursday in response to the proposal.
“We will defend vigorously the maintenance of that system notwithstanding the requests by many Liberals including leadership aspirants to remove that choice from parents.”
There was a time when calls for removing funding for Catholic education would come mainly from the Progressive Conservative Party.
EISEN: Don’t axe funding for Catholic schools
BLIZZARD: Liberal hypocrisy on Catholic schools
Ontarians reject Catholic school funding
OPINION: More parents turning away from public school system
The old Orange Lodge wing of the party never liked the idea that Catholic schools were funded.
Strange then that it was the PC government of Bill Davis that brought in full-funding for Catholic schools, and Mike Harris who extended that funding equity even further.
Those moves cost the PCs support years ago, and now they are defending the Catholic system while the Liberals — or, at least some Liberals — want the Catholic system to go.
Tedjo, who sends his own kids to a French Catholic school, says the current system is unfair.
“I have that choice but other Ontarians don’t have that choice. I don’t think it is fair to only provide for some parents,” Tedjo said.
Under his plan there would be more courses available for all faiths, but no denominational schools.
It’s worked in Quebec and Newfoundland but so far has been too controversial in Ontario.
It would not only require a constitutional amendment, it would require angering what was once the political base of the Ontario Liberal Party.
Tedjo is betting that the base of the party has changed and will be open to this idea.
It’s a risky bet, and not one that I’d be making if I were him.
http://torontosun.com/opinion/columnists/lilley-scrap-catholic-schools-says-liberal-leader-hopeful