Catholic Discussion

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
It seems rather cannibalistic to eat "the body of Christ and drink his blood (wine)" during communion. Always kinda grossed me out when I was a kid and forced to partake in such cannibalistic rituals.

We used to do the real thing but that was ....uhhhh.

Never mind.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
We used to do the real thing but that was ....uhhhh.
Never mind.

CANabalistic eh?
:)
I like living in BEER CANada myself

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Pedophile ex-priest to live near studio for kids in Massachusetts
THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
First posted: Friday, July 28, 2017 10:54 PM EDT | Updated: Friday, July 28, 2017 10:57 PM EDT
A former Massachusetts priest, who was at the centre of Boston’s Roman Catholic clergy sex abuse scandal and was convicted of child sex abuse, was recently released from prison will be living across the street from a children’s dance studio.
Eighty-six-year-old Paul Shanley moved to a town called Ware on Friday shortly after being released from a prison in Bridgewater, where he finished serving a 12-year sentence. He had been convicted of raping a boy in the 1980s.
His new home in a multi-unit building is across the street from a recently opened dance studio that teaches children as young as 2.
The studio’s owner tells The Boston Globe she plans to install “state-of-the-art” security systems and make sure every child leaves the studio accompanied by an adult.
Shanley has been ordered to have no contact with children under 16. His lawyer says he’s not dangerous.
This undated identification photo released via the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Sex Offender Registry Board website shows Paul Shanley, released Friday, July 28, 2017, from the Old Colony Correctional Center in Bridgewater, Mass. Shanley, now 86, was a figure in the Boston Roman Catholic priest sex abuse scandal. He was released after completing a 12-year sentence for the rape of a boy in the 1980s. (Massachusetts Sex Offender Registry Board via AP)

Pedophile ex-priest to live near studio for kids in Massachusetts | World | News

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Pedophile ex-priest to live near studio for kids in Massachusetts
THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
First posted: Friday, July 28, 2017 10:54 PM EDT | Updated: Friday, July 28, 2017 10:57 PM EDT
A former Massachusetts priest, who was at the centre of Boston’s Roman Catholic clergy sex abuse scandal and was convicted of child sex abuse, was recently released from prison will be living across the street from a children’s dance studio.
Eighty-six-year-old Paul Shanley moved to a town called Ware on Friday shortly after being released from a prison in Bridgewater, where he finished serving a 12-year sentence. He had been convicted of raping a boy in the 1980s.
His new home in a multi-unit building is across the street from a recently opened dance studio that teaches children as young as 2.
The studio’s owner tells The Boston Globe she plans to install “state-of-the-art” security systems and make sure every child leaves the studio accompanied by an adult.
Shanley has been ordered to have no contact with children under 16. His lawyer says he’s not dangerous.
This undated identification photo released via the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Sex Offender Registry Board website shows Paul Shanley, released Friday, July 28, 2017, from the Old Colony Correctional Center in Bridgewater, Mass. Shanley, now 86, was a figure in the Boston Roman Catholic priest sex abuse scandal. He was released after completing a 12-year sentence for the rape of a boy in the 1980s. (Massachusetts Sex Offender Registry Board via AP)

Pedophile ex-priest to live near studio for kids in Massachusetts | World | News

Why is this in the Catholic discussion thread? It states upfront EX priest and the church had nothing to do with his release.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Why is this in the Catholic discussion thread? It states upfront EX priest and the church had nothing to do with his release.
I usually try to consolidate posts whenever possible. there isn't an option to transfer posts. if the mods see this they can go ahead and transfer the post. :(

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Thief returns life-size Pope cutout to church
THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
First posted: Sunday, October 15, 2017 11:31 AM EDT | Updated: Sunday, October 15, 2017 11:34 AM EDT
WASHINGTON TOWNSHIP, N.J. — Authorities say a life-size cutout of Pope Francis that was stolen from a New Jersey church during a bingo fundraiser has been returned intact.
New Jersey police say the theft occurred sometime Thursday night at St. Charles Borromeo Catholic Church in Gloucester County. A post made on the department’s Facebook page the following night said the cutout had been returned, but further details have not been disclosed.
A message seeking comment from church officials was not immediately returned Sunday.
It’s not clear who may have taken the cutout or what prompted the theft. One witness had reported seeing the cutout in a car occupied by three women, including an elderly person who was on oxygen.
Thief returns life-size Pope cutout to church | Weird | News | Toronto Sun

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
German Catholic bishops reject Pope Francis suggestion to tweak Lord’s Prayer
Associated Press
More from Associated Press
Published:
January 25, 2018
Updated:
January 25, 2018 5:34 PM EST
Pope Francis gives a weekly general audience in St Peter's square, on January 24, 2018 in Vatican.ANDREAS SOLARO / AFP/Getty Images
BERLIN — Roman Catholic bishops in Germany say they’ve debated Pope Francis’ suggestion to tweak the translation of the Lord’s Prayer, but will leave it unchanged.
France recently changed its translation of “lead us not into temptation” to “don’t let me fall into temptation,” which Francis has suggested was better.
He told Italy’s TV2000 last month that a father would never push a son into sin, and “what pushes you to temptation is Satan.”
But the German Bishops’ Conference said Thursday there were strong “philosophical, exegetical, liturgical and, not least, ecumenical” reasons to leave it unchanged.
Lord’s Prayer
Our Father who art in heaven,
Hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come.
Thy will be done
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us,
and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
For thine is the kingdom,
and the power, and the glory,
for ever and ever Amen.
They say the line speaks of “the trust to be carried and redeemed by almighty God.”
Francis recently allowed individual bishops’ conferences greater leeway in translating liturgical texts, after the Vatican previously centralized the process.
German Catholic bishops reject Pope Francis suggestion to tweak Lord

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
This is a Catholic discussion. At least, I'll mention Father O'Regan, and the story took place in Ireland.
---

Did I ever tell you about Becky Rounder? I suppose not. She was a good Irish girl who lived with her parents until she was 23. She figured that her days in the village of Manor Kilbride were numbered, and wanted to travel to Dublin to work - 20 odd miles away.

Now, despite being so close to the big city, she'd barely ever been out of Manor Kilbride, a small village of of maybe 800 souls, most of whom never wished to go to Dublin. It was a hot bed of trouble, and except for nights jousting over a few pints, no one was ever interested in fighting, despite what they say about the Irish. We were farm folk for the most part, and liked the quiet. And we got that, despite the odd tourist. Tans, for the most part. Tans are Britons. I never met one that was worth the powder to blow him to hell.

But let me get back to Becky. She told her mother that she took a position as a clerk in a Woolworths in Graphton Street, Dublin. Mrs. Rounder was beside herself with grief! Her only daughter off to the big city with only the promise of a job, no friends, and no way to get there!

"Mammy, I talked with Father O'Regan. I'll be stayin' at the convent until I'm settled."

Becky went to take a biscuit from a covered dish. Mrs. Rounder was overwrought. She couldn't believe what she was hearing! When Becky reached for the biscuit, the mother screeched. "Hey, don't touch! Those are for visitors!"

Becky went up to her room and cried.

The next few days were tense. Her father couldn't speak to her. Oh sure, he wanted to, but words failed him. As a last, desperate measure, he suggested that Becky visit her aunt, her father's sister, who lived near the Manor Brewery. It wasn't far from town, but she had to walk north and then east, following the road, because of the Brittas River. Even with all that, it would only take her half an hour.

Becky left at 10 in the morning, but was never seen again. Her parents both died never knowing what happened to their little girl. Neither did anyone else in the village. Father O'Regan blamed himself for allowing her to be tempted. The old men at the pub said her disappearing was the devil's work. I suppose it doesn't matter.

A trout fisherman found her shoes many months later, beside the river, on top of a picture of Ringo Starr.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
"Bless me Father, for I have sinned. I have been with a loose girl."
The priest asks, "Is that you, little Joey Pagano?"
"Yes, Father, it is."
"And who was the girl you were with?"
"I can't tell you, Father. I don't want to ruin her reputation."
"Well, Joey, I'm sure to find out her name sooner or later so you may as well tell me now. Was it Tina Minetti?"
"I cannot say."
"Was it Teresa Mazzarelli?"
"I'll never tell."
"Was it Nina Capelli?"
"I'm sorry, but I cannot name her."
"Was it Cathy Piriano?"
"My lips are sealed."
"Was it Rosa DiAngelo, then?"
"Please, Father! I cannot tell you."
The priest sighs in frustration. "You're very tight lipped, and I admire that. But you've sinned and have to atone. You cannot be an altar boy now for 4 months. Now you go and behave yourself."
Joey walks back to his pew, and his friend Franco slides over and whispers, "What'd you get?"
"Four months vacation and five good leads..."

Harikrish

Electoral Member
Sep 2, 2014
Jesus was asked who should people pray to and how should they pray. Jesus said they should pray to the Father in Heaven and taught them the Lord's Prayer.

The full version of The Lord's Prayer is recorded in Matthew 6:9-15:

Jesus said: "This, then, is how you should pray:
" 'Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name,
your kingdom come,
your will be done
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us today our daily bread.
Forgive us our debts,
as we also have forgiven our debtors.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from the evil one.'
For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins. (NIV).

Jesus never asked people to pray to his mother Mary and the only prayer the disciples taught was the Lord's Prayer.

But Catholics came along and introduced the Hail Mary prayer which was a prayer to the mother of Jesus. On one hand they deny Mary is Jesus's biological mother because no penetration was involve and therefore no exchange of DNA between Mary and the Holy Spirit who only came on Mary (masturbated on her) or God who had shadow sex with Mary without any penetration. That was how Mary remained a virgin after the two penisless members of the Trinity ganged raped her in her sleep.

Luke 1:34 "How will this be," Mary asked the angel, "since I am a virgin?"

35 The angel answered, "The Holy Spirit will come on you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called the Son of God.

Nevertheless they pray to her because she is the vessel/surrogate that conceived Jesus the illegitimate sinless bastard. For to be born human was to inherit the original sin. Jesus was sinless because he had no human DNA so the Catholic teachings claim.
Was Jesus the ultimate freak of questionable DNA?

The Catholic Hail Mary prayer.
Hail Mary, full of grace.
Our Lord is with you.
Blessed are you among women,
and blessed is the fruit of your womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us sinners,
now and at the hour of our death.
Amen..

Even the Pope said he carries a rosary which is a string of beads to pray. The rosary is a devotion in honor of the Virgin Mary, hence the Hail Marys.

Pope said : "I am going to tell you something personal. It"s 12 (o"clock) are you hungry?
I am going to tell you something private. In my pocket I always carry two thing: a rosary to pray something which seems odd, this is here is the history of God"s failure, it"s the way of the cross, a small way of the cross, as Jesus suffered and when they condemned him right up to where he was buried with these two things I do the best I can."

Pope also carries a cross to remind him of the history of God's failure. This is how he described the failure of the cross.

Pope said:"When you don"t understand something, when desperation hits you then look at the cross. THAT IS THE GREAT FAILURE OF GOD, THAT IS THE DESTRUCTION OF GOD, AND IT'S A CHALLENGE TO OUR FAITH.

What did Catholic Priests do to Catholics to indoctrinate them with such none scriptural beliefs? It is been discovered from confessions by Catholics that their priest was spending more time showing them how they could remain virgins even after he penetrated them. He showed them how oral and anal sex preserved their virginity and why Catholics should credit Mary for make it possible for Catholics to remain virgins after certain sexual acts. The Hail Marys is both a prayer to Mary and a sign of appreciation to their Catholic priest.

How many Hail Marys is this Catholic reading worth?

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Gunman sexually assaults, shoots woman at Catholic store in Missouri
Associated Press
Published:
November 19, 2018
Updated:
November 19, 2018 10:51 PM EST
Authorities investigate the scene at a Catholic Supply store where a gunman went into the religious supply store, sexually assaulted at least one woman and shot a woman in the head, Monday, Nov. 19, 2018, in Ballwin, Mo. (Johanna Huckeba/St. Louis Post-Dispatch via AP)
BALLWIN, Mo. — Police in suburban St. Louis on Monday were searching Monday for a gunman who went into a religious supply store, sexually assaulted at least one woman and shot a woman in the head. Police said the shooting victim later died at a hospital.
The shooting happened about 3:15 p.m. at a Catholic Supply of St. Louis store in western St. Louis County, near the town of Ballwin. Police were looking for a man about 5-foot-7 with a heavy build, and said he should be considered armed and dangerous.
The gunman walked into the store and sexually assaulted at least one woman — police spokesman Shaun McGuire said he couldn’t confirm media reports that more than one woman was assaulted.
It wasn’t clear why the store was targeted and McGuire didn’t know if its religious affiliation was a factor.
“Our hearts go out to the victims of this horrific tragedy at Catholic Supply,” St. Louis Archbishop Robert Carlson said on Twitter.
McGuire said that the woman who died did not know the suspect.
“Obviously, that adds to the intensity of our search,” McGuire said.
The shooting happened at a strip mall in an affluent area of suburban St. Louis along Manchester Road, one of the most congested roadways in the region. McGuire said the heavy volume of traffic only made finding the suspect more difficult.
“Obviously someone could blend in pretty easily,” he said.
Catholic Supply of St. Louis Inc. operates three stores specializing in church supplies for parishes as well as Catholics. The company’s website says it also publishes national supply catalogues.
Ballwin is about 25 miles (40 kilometres) west of St. Louis.
http://torontosun.com/news/crime/gunman-sexually-assaults-shoots-woman-at-catholic-store-in-missouri