Refugee/Migrant Crisis

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
The phoney « refugee crisis »

by Thierry Meyssan
While the European media arouse emotion by showing photographs of a drowned child and reports of crowds of refugees crossing the Balkans on foot, Thierry Meyssan demonstrates that these images have been fabricated. It’s certain that they serve the purposes of the head of the Federation of German Industries, Ulrich Grillo, and also NATO. But they do not show the phenomenon in its totality, which leads the Europeans to offer inadapted responses.
The Mediterranean refugees

Since the « Arab Spring », in 2011, the number of people attempting to cross the Mediterranean and enter the European Union has augmented considerably. It has more than doubled, and rose to 626,000 in 2014.
Flow of refugees towards the European Union (in hundreds of thousands)Source : Eurostat However, contrary to a common misconception, this is not a new and unmanageable wave. In 1992, when the Union numbered only 15 of its current 28 states, it received even more than that - 672,000 refugees for 380 million inhabitants. So there remains a considerable margin before the refugees begin to destabilise the European economy and its 508 million present inabitants.
More than two thirds of the migrants are men. According to their declarations, more than half of them are between 18 and 34 years old. So, generally speaking, this is not a family issue.The phoney « refugee crisis », by Thierry Meyssan

Frankiedoodle

Electoral Member
Aug 21, 2015
Saskatchewan
Different countries in the EU, have different reasons for the amount of refugees they are willing to take. Germany wants to allow refugees in because they have an aging population and they are having difficulty keeping up with workers they need to keep their economy going. On the other hand their are countries at the opposite end of the spectrum. Things are never the way that they seem on the surface.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Well, here's an idea, albeit a radical one. How about we tell the UN to piss off and focus our efforts on what is essentially our own third world right here in Canada. We take a fair bit of heat from the UN about the living conditions of our Native peoples so let's make sure they're looked after first. No more unskilled immigration. No more family class immigration. No more refugees. There' s lots of other countries they can go to for a while. Let's make sure Canadians of ALL stripes are looked after before trying to take on everyone else's problems.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Well, here's an idea, albeit a radical one. How about we tell the UN to piss off and focus our efforts on what is essentially our own third world right here in Canada. We take a fair bit of heat from the UN about the living conditions of our Native peoples so let's make sure they're looked after first. No more unskilled immigration. No more family class immigration. No more refugees. There' s lots of other countries they can go to for a while. Let's make sure Canadians of ALL stripes are looked after before trying to take on everyone else's problems.

I basically agree, although I would be quite willing to take on the most desperate 100 orphans, only because I think we'd be able to help that many.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA

That seems to be the general consensus of most every Canadian.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
On the upside, sellout pays pretty good.

It sure does. In the next couple years keep an eye out for sell outs running and recruiting for trade unions and other labour organizations. In western Canada an FN goes to the top of the waiting list for Union apprenticeship training and employment.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
It sure does. In the next couple years keep an eye out for sell outs running and recruiting for trade unions and other labour organizations. In western Canada an FN goes to the top of the waiting list for Union apprenticeship training and employment.
I'd throw 'em a few bucks, but it sounds like they're doing OK. So I'll keep focussing on helping other Shawnees sell out.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Skip bingo for a month and quit smoking. More than enough moolah after that to rent a uhaul and buy an F150 to pull it.
Yeah, cuz there's nothing but bingo's and liquor stores in the middle of North-central Saskatchewan or places like Attawapiskat. And here's a fun fact for ya Jack, not every reservation has a road connection.
Here's another fun fact for you. In Dec. 2013, the price for a half dozen apples, 4 single serving bottles of juice and a bag of milk cost $23 and change in Attawapiskat. There's only two ways in to deliver goods; air and sea during the summer months and ice roads and sometimes air in the winter months. I'm thinking bingo and booze isn't the real financial issue here.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Yeah, cuz there's nothing but bingo's and liquor stores in the middle of North-central Saskatchewan or places like Attawapiskat. And here's a fun fact for ya Jack, not every reservation has a road connection.
Here's another fun fact for you. In Dec. 2013, the price for a half dozen apples, 4 single serving bottles of juice and a bag of milk cost $23 and change in Attawapiskat. There's only two ways in to deliver goods; air and sea during the summer months and ice roads and sometimes air in the winter months. I'm thinking bingo and booze isn't the real financial issue here.
Easy, Jin. You ain't gonna change any minds, and petros is a master troller. Best just to ignore him or roll with him.

Seriously, not trying to tell you what to do, but I been down this road, and it don't lead nowhere good.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

Waaaaah!!! Why is cut lumber from the south shipped to INTO a forest community?

Easy, Jin. You ain't gonna change any minds, and petros is a master troller. Best just to ignore him or roll with him.

Seriously, not trying to tell you what to do, but I been down this road, and it don't lead nowhere good.

I don't troll. I use nothing but crank bait.