Palestinian - Why Mahmoud Abbas’s U.N. statehood bid is great for Israel -- and the U

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
I..... Egypt's amassed troops, and threats of invasion.

One of the coolest precedents set by the courts is, if you point a gun at me, I don't have to wait until you pull the trigger to use deadly force.
Let me guess, the same agency that showed Iraq on the Saudi border in August was the author or did you have some spies on the ground telling newspapers wgat to print in the 'international edition'. Surprise attacks can't happen to an enemy poised for imminent attack, only in Stupidville.

Bad example, I come from the point and shoot and then answer questions part of the country, get the picture?However your surviving relatives do have paths open that are shy of Hillbilly justice.

"Your honor, I snuck up on him after he raised his whole arm in anger", and that's the truth, .... your money is in the usual place.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Let me guess, the same agency that showed Iraq on the Saudi border in August was the author or did you have some spies on the ground telling newspapers wgat to print in the 'international edition'.
Not even Egypt disputes the fact that their troops were amassed along the border.

Maybe you should take your complaint to them.

Surprise attacks can't happen to an enemy poised for imminent attack, only in Stupidville.
You being it's mayor would make you and authority?

Bad example, I come from the point and shoot and then answer questions part of the country, get the picture?
yes, you aren't very bright.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
yes, you aren't very bright.
Being on the wrong end of a muzzle flash will do that. Why would anybody use force when the ICC could have come to their rescue before any need to practice killing all your neighbors. Did they not read anything the UN published?

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Let me guess, you have no idea what you're taking about so you'll just babble on blindly.
One and only question about that decade, in the birth stats that are available how in the hell did they know there was just one alive in Australia?

Do you also think the Balfour Declaration will never be brought up as part of some ICC case?

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Trust you to give 'yes' to a 'how' question. lol that is so typical of you, many moons ago you did the same thing to my question about the Rez being able to sell weekend passes to a fully legal 'smoke house' with goodies all the way to South America being available for the ones from outside that are wanting some spiritual insight to the cosmos. Bit unfair only the ones able to fly get to do those very same things. lol

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
6 Day War Israel Palestine pt2 of 2 1967 Arab Israeli War - YouTube

It is a war crime to make money off an area considered to be 'occupied territory'. If the post invasion had plans is place to use the land productively then it was a war of naked aggression with land and resourses as the prime objective.

Proving that 'your side' are liars as well as 'bullies'.
Gaza survive the invasion and the 20 year military occupation that followed. All that undone on the 1st vote in decades, a collective WTF from the Rothschild stooges. Some things even Master Card can't but. Like the reservation sitting on top of a lot of valuable natural resources.

Compa5red to what they were originally promised it is nothing to what they actually received, today that is breaking a contract, I'm suggesting Gaza do some history on how these ****ers write contracts with all the loop-holes helping just them. Cuba could train medics and Venezuela start the legal review as far as contracts with the 'international community' as dictated by closed door meetings, no use arguing Civil Law in a court designed to only hear Admiralty Law arguments.

You are in fair of full disclosure for Gaza before they sign on the dotted line right?

Never happy, firs you bitch that the targeting is too 'random' then you bitch that they improve the aim so the ones targeted with pin-point accuracy, all still without a war-head, how about a blow up stripper made of durable vinyl made from all the umbrellas imported from India. Probably even find something wrong with that.

How many times does Gaza have to back Israel into the same old corner before Israel admits they can never defeat them and lays down it's arms in the first act of total surrender?? (drips with ironic sarcasm)

Back to Syria, high ground is now an eye in the sky so the area ceases to hold any military advantage other than providing a place for 'sitting ducks', so no justification for any occupation by Israel or Israeli interests and the field modifications should be part of a plan based on who shares the same resources. How much of the profit taken from the land is given to the Syrians that were displaced 'by military aggression.

Interesting spin.

What? Who started the 6 day war again????

Please explain how an Israeli surprise attack against the Egyptian air force did not start the 6 day war?

...On May 23, Director of Central Intelligence Richard Helms presented Johnson with the CIA’s assessment that Israel could “defend successfully against simultaneous Arab attacks on all fronts … or hold on any three fronts while mounting successfully a major offensive on the fourth.”

In an document entitled “Military Capabilities of Israel and the Arab States”, the CIA assessed that “Israel could almost certainly attain air supremacy over the Sinai Peninsula in less than 24 hours after taking the initiative or in two or three days if the UAR struck first.”

Additionally, the CIA assessed that Nasser’s military presence in the Sinai was defensive, stating that “Armored striking forces could breach the UAR’s double defense line in the Sinai in three to four days and drive the Egyptians west of the Suez Canal in seven to nine days. Israel could contain any attacks by Syria or Jordan during this period” (emphasis added).

Although the Arabs had numerical superiority in terms of military hardware, “Nonetheless, the IDF [Israeli Defense Force] maintain qualitative superiority over the Arab armed forces in almost all aspects of combat operations.”

...Four days before Israel’s attack on Egypt, Helms met with a senior Israeli official who expressed Israel’s intent to go to war, and that the only reason it hadn’t already struck was because of efforts by the Johnson administration to restrain both sides to prevent a violent conflict.

“Helms interpreted the remarks as suggesting that Israel would attack very soon”, writes Robarge. He reported to Johnson “that Israel probably would start a war within a few days.”

“Helms was awakened at 3:00 in the morning on 5 June by a call from the CIA Operations Center”, which had received the report “that Israel had launched its attack” and that, contrary to Israel’s claims that Egypt had been the aggressor, Israel had fired first....

Israel’s attack on Egypt in June ’67 was not ‘preemptive’ | Foreign Policy Journal

Israel's first and most critical move was a surprise attack on the Egyptian Air Force. Egypt had by far the largest and the most modern of all the Arab air forces, consisting of about 420 combat aircraft,[87] all of them Soviet-built and with a heavy quota of top-of-the line MiG-21 capable of attaining Mach 2 speed. Initially, both Egypt and Israel announced that they had been attacked by the other country.[h]

Of particular concern to the Israelis were the 30 Tu-16 "Badger" medium bombers, capable of inflicting heavy damage on Israeli military and civilian centers.[88] On June 5 at 7:45 Israeli time, as civil defense sirens sounded all over Israel, the IAF launched Operation Focus (Moked). All but 12 of its nearly 200 operational jets[89] left the skies of Israel in a mass attack against Egypt's airfields.[90] The Egyptian defensive infrastructure was extremely poor, and no airfields were yet equipped with hardened aircraft shelters capable of protecting Egypt's warplanes. Most of the Israeli warplanes headed out over the Mediterranean Sea, flying low to avoid radar detection, before turning toward Egypt. Others flew over the Red Sea.[91]

Meanwhile, the Egyptians hindered their own defense by effectively shutting down their entire air defense system: they were worried that rebel Egyptian forces would shoot down the plane carrying Field Marshal Abdel Hakim Amer and Lt-Gen. Sidqi Mahmoud, who were en route from al Maza to Bir Tamada in the Sinai to meet the commanders of the troops stationed there. In any event, it did not make a great deal of difference as the Israeli pilots came in below Egyptian radar cover and well below the lowest point at which its SA-2 surface-to-air missile batteries could bring down an aircraft.[92]

Although the powerful Jordanian radar facility at Ajloun detected waves of aircraft approaching Egypt and reported the code word for "war" up the Egyptian command chain, Egyptian command and communications problems prevented the warning from reaching the targeted airfields.[91] The Israelis employed a mixed attack strategy: bombing and strafing runs against planes parked on the ground, themselves, and bombing the runways with special tarmac-shredding penetration bombs developed jointly with France to disable them and leave surviving aircraft unable to take off. The runway at the Arish airfield was spared, as the Israelis expected to turn it into a military airport for their transports after the war. The surviving aircraft were later taken out by several more attack waves. The operation was more successful than expected, catching the Egyptians by surprise and destroying virtually all of the Egyptian Air Force on the ground, with few Israeli losses.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Six-Day_War#Preliminary_air_attack

Le Monde on 28 February 1968:
Israeli Chief of Staff Rabin said this: “I do not believe that Nasser wanted war. The two divisions which he sent into Sinai on 14 May would not have been enough to unleash an offensive against Israel. He knew it and we knew it.”

On 14 April 1971,
Israeli newspaper Al-Hamishmar:
Mordecai Bentov, a member of the wartime national government. “The entire story of the danger of extermination was invented in every detail and exaggerated a posteriori to justify the annexation of new Arab territory.”

On 3 June 1972, LeMonde published an article by General Matetiyahu Peled, Chief of Logistical Command during the war and one of 12 members of Israel’s General Staff where he wrote: “All those stories about the huge danger we were facing because of our small territorial size, an argument expounded once the war was over, have never been considered in our calculations. While we proceeded towards the full mobilisation of our forces, no person in his right mind could believe that all this force was necessary to our ‘defence’ against the Egyptian threat. This force was to crush once and for all the Egyptians at the military level and their Soviet masters at the political level. To pretend that the Egyptian forces concentrated on our borders were capable of threatening Israel’s existence does not only insult the intelligence of any person capable of analysing this kind of situation, but is primarily an insult to the Israeli army.”

The lies about the 1967 war are still more powerful than the truth - Alan Hart
More interesting spin. Don't you two ever get dizzy?

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Why would clear air make you dizzy unless your world doesn't allow for anything but mono vision through a long narrow tube, commonly called blinders in the world with beast of burden, that must be this stop. lol

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Anyone that cannot understand that Israel and the Arabs have a lot of emotional hatred- and problems to solve would think they have Mission Impossible if they used most of this thread upon which to base a decision on can they or can't they reach a deal.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Anyone that cannot understand that Israel and the Arabs have a lot of emotional hatred- .
I thought the Holocaust was am European operation? Jews and Arabs in the area fought against a common enemy in WWI. For the number that were able to be exiled in a symbolic move to the ousting of Arabs from their homes after UN 181 was signed they would seem to have been protected from persecution during the previous decade.

If anybody is an outsider it is Christians and our trinity of Gods when both of them have it dead on, God in Ge:1 is the one true God.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Fer Christs sake there is enough blood, dead, wounded, permanently scarred emotionally to go around. WTF is the problem here-
I doubt few - very few- on this Forum has had anyone close or known to them killed in the incessant wars, bombings terror reprisals- attacks -
So if people here cannot have a some what reasonable discussion - How can you expect the Israelis and PLO to talk.
Lets get off the FFn soapbox here.

This is about making peace. Not assigning blame.

If anyone wants to assign blame for this, that or FFn whatever START your own thread.

Here are some points for discussion
Hamas- Those that want to make a deal

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4311368,00.html

http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/1...ing-successful-palestinian-un-statehood-vote/

http://www.timesofisrael.com/hamas-...bus-bombing-but-insists-israel-had-it-coming/

Last edited:

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
I for one, would subscribe to the ICC channel and hope they wire it up like a full subscription to the NHL channel right down to the client choosing what camera view to use when they are available for web-cast. and able to follow and hear anybody right to the bathroom door. Public places and for a few extra $$ you get ' a little birdy' access to all the latest gossip (mostly 10sec clip of ****-ups while being recorded.

Give all those torrent places something relevant to pass around and maybe quake 2 will get an updated Team Fortress once electricity makes it way back to Gaza.

Sometimes staying out of the headlines is a sign the whole world sees as 'things are relatively calm'.

Statehood didn't do much for the thread.

Later,

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
That's funny. When I praised Abbas for being a diplomatic conduit, I was called a joo hater by Colpers and the bear crew.

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
In part, the fear those voting against the resolution expressed is that the Palestinians will use their observer-state status to join the International Criminal Court to bring action against the Israelis (settlements etc.).

Well, I am not sure that was the opinion of Palau, Nauru, Micronesia, Marshall Islands, Panama.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Why would clear air make you dizzy unless your world doesn't allow for anything but mono vision through a long narrow tube, commonly called blinders in the world with beast of burden, that must be this stop. lol
Take the blinders off than.

That's funny. When I praised Abbas for being a diplomatic conduit, I was called a joo hater by Colpers and the bear crew.
You were?

I highly doubt that.