Palestinian - Why Mahmoud Abbas’s U.N. statehood bid is great for Israel -- and the U

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
And to anyone that has been paying attention oblectively over the last 60 years, that would be a death sentence to the Jews.

I know that. Reason it was never accepted by Israel. But after the elections it is time for the PLO and Israel to get moving. Abbas has renounced the right of return and violence. Also refuses to use violence.

Making Abbas weaker makes Hamas and the other fanatics stronger. It also detracts from Israel's position that they are willing to negotiate.

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
Negotiation in bad faith doesn't really count. As you already mentioned the current situation is like negotiating how to divide a pizza while one side is busy stuffing their face.

BTW, when is Israel going to renounce violence, recognize Palestine and accept that Palestinians have the same right to peace and security as Israelis? Or it only the Palestinians that have to make these concessions first to Israel, and then Israel can think about it for a few more years while they continue to take more Palestinian land, provoke another war and take more land? that's the pattern for the last several decades.

Notice Abbas has renounced violence, indicated a willingness to negotiate in good faith and even sell out fellow Palestinians... yet Israel wiped West Bank off the map, replaced it with Samaria and Judea and has accelerated the ethnic cleansing process.

Meanwhile Gaza isn't being wiped off the map. Israel bombs it over and over and kills their leaders, yet it remains the same size. Life may be much harder in Gaza, but at least they are not being ethnically cleansed like the relatively peaceful Palestinians in the West Bank.

So much for claims that renouncing violence will lead to a fair and just peace.

Last edited:

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Palestine will mellow out when water and resource rights are established. Israel, Palestine, Egypt, Lebanon have **** loads of natural gas. Natural gas can make electricity and desalinate sea water and the same time which can the be used for irrigation.

Those Heebs and Muzzies have no shortage of b u l l s h i t to grow crops on, just add seed and water and feed the Middle East.

You need pasture land to have milk and honey. All you need is land with lots of sunshine, water and all of that abundant b u l l s h i t.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Negotiation in bad faith doesn't really count. As you already mentioned the current situation is like negotiating how to divide a pizza while one side is busy stuffing their face.

BTW, when is Israel going to renounce violence, recognize Palestine and accept that Palestinians have the same right to peace and security as Israelis? Or it only the Palestinians that have to make these concessions first to Israel, and then Israel can think about it for a few more years while they continue to take more Palestinian land, provoke another war and take more land? that's the pattern for the last several decades.

Notice Abbas has renounced violence, indicated a willingness to negotiate in good faith and even sell out fellow Palestinians... yet Israel wiped West Bank off the map, replaced it with Samaria and Judea and has accelerated the ethnic cleansing process.

Meanwhile Gaza isn't being wiped off the map. Israel bombs it over and over and kills their leaders, yet it remains the same size. Life may be much harder in Gaza, but at least they are not being ethnically cleansed like the relatively peaceful Palestinians in the West Bank.

So much for claims that renouncing violence will lead to a fair and just peace.

Lesson- Attack Israel and they will retaliate- Hamas is equal to Israel in halting peace negotiations- Can Israel make peace with Terror org that has the mission of making the ME Juden Frei.

And again you show your hatred of anyone Arab that wants peace with your denouncement of Abbas.
I thankfully do not have that emotion- you know - hatred - please explain the hatred you feel for Jews. Perhaps it will help me understand hate- Killing hate. Spent 3 1/2 years in Bosnia and still could not grasp such hatred.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
New Fatah logo sparks outrage over Palestinian nationalism | Israel & Middle East | World | News | National Post

Reacting to a new Fatah logo that appears to depict a united, Israel-free Palestine, the Jewish organization B’nai Brith says it shows the Palestinian Authority and President Mahmoud Abbas are lukewarm about a two-state-solution.

“We are continuing to warn the [Canadian] government not to be fooled into accepting the notion that Fatah and Abbas want real peace with the Jewish state,” said Frank Dimant, head of B’nai Brith Canada. “[A] true partner for peace on the Palestinian side does not exist.”

His remarks echo the U.S.-based Zionist Organization of America, which said the logo proves Fatah and the PA “have no interest in peace with Israel, only its destruction.”

Last month, Al-Hayat Al-Jadida, the official daily newspaper of the Fatah-led PA, issued a logo for the party’s 48th anniversary. It featured a map of the British mandate of Palestine, the state that existed before the 1948 establishment of Israel. It was quickly spotted by the Israel-based Palestinian Media Watch.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Fer Christs sake there is enough blood, dead, wounded, permanently scarred emotionally to go around. WTF is the problem here-
I doubt few - very few- on this Forum has had anyone close or known to them killed in the incessant wars, bombings terror reprisals- attacks -
So if people here cannot have a some what reasonable discussion - How can you expect the Israelis and PLO to talk.
Lets get off the FFn soapbox here.

This is about making peace. Not assigning blame.

If anyone wants to assign blame for this, that or FFn whatever START your own thread.

Here are some points for discussion
Hamas- Those that want to make a deal

Mashaal: Prepared for peace without blood, weapons - Israel News, Ynetnews

Top Hamas leader to make first visit to Gaza, following successful UN statehood vote | Israel & Middle East | World | News | National Post

In CNN interview professing a desire for peace, Mashaal asks, 'How can I accept Israel? They have occupied my land' | The Times of Israel

See how a thread that had a purpose turned into a Shxt Fest.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Dude, the Jew haters don't want peace.

If there was peace they would have to come up with something else to blame the Jews for.

On that I agree. Same with Jews that are against any peace deal. But it is far past time for a settlement. Then when Hamas, Hezbollah or some other freak group attacks Israel they will be free and clear to retaliate if they so choose.
And sure as little green apples will give you the runs some freak group will attack Israel. The Government of Palestine may do little to prevent attacks or extradite the criminals for trial.
The Hague would be appropriate for a fair trial.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
But it is far past time for a settlement.
I've said that more than once myself.

Then when Hamas, Hezbollah or some other freak group attacks Israel they will be free and clear to retaliate if they so choose.
And sure as little green apples will give you the runs some freak group will attack Israel. The Government of Palestine may do little to prevent attacks or extradite the criminals for trial.
How can that be acceptable, when the terrorist supporting Jew haters refer to Hamas and the Hezbollah as freedom fighters?