Youths attack and beat teenager until senseless

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
Relative is a relative term. I don't think the ME has been particularly peaceable, in my relative view, even before WW 2.
On that point I agree. Most of the ME has not been peaceful since at least WW II.

But I disagree that Muslim Palestinians hated Jews before Zionism. Zionism came first, then came mass Jewish immigration to Palestine, then injustice, oppression, hate and violence.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
On that point I agree. Most of the ME has not been peaceful since at least WW II.
You already posted how it wasn't peaceful even before that!

LOL!!!

If you were honest, you wouldn't make such ridiculously inconsistent posts.

But I disagree that Muslim Palestinians hated Jews before Zionism. Zionism came first, then came mass Jewish immigration to Palestine, then injustice, oppression, hate and violence.
Documented history says otherwise.

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
It's ok if the Pallies and whomever fight amongst themselves (that's not really violence) but don't them nasty Hebes start nuthin up.
I'm not sure where you got that opinion. I've never supported violence even between people of the same religious group.

I am against all forms of oppression and injustice. So are most Canadians and our political leaders most of the time. Canadian attitudes and foreign policies regarding Israel are a notable exception. The Israeli/Palestinian conflict is one of the few cases I know where a majority of Canadians and Canadian political leaders have sided with oppression and injustice against freedom and justice.

My opinion is that Canada should not treat one group of war criminals better than another. Canadians should recognize and oppose injustice and oppression, and not give free passes to any group to commit war crimes. I agree with condemning Palestinian war criminals and imposing sanctions against Palestinian militant groups. But I oppose Canada having friendly relationships with Israeli leaders who have committed war crimes or crimes against humanity.

Our MSM and leaders seldom mention Palestinian suffering and injustice. Mostly we get an Israeli war crime supporting version of events and everything that portrays Israel negatively is ignored. The incident in the OP is a good example. If a group of Palestinian youths lynched an Israeli teen, I'm pretty certain it would have been newsworthy here in Canada, and our leaders would have mentioned and spoke out against it. But since the victims were Arab and the assailants were Jewish Israelis, our news and leaders are silent.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I'm not sure where you got that opinion. I've never supported violence even between people of the same religious group.
Your posts are filled with example that say otherwise.

I am against all forms of oppression and injustice.

My opinion is that Canada should not treat one group of war criminals better than another.
Your posts are filled with examples that say otherwise.

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
You already posted how it wasn't peaceful even before that!

LOL!!!

If you were honest, you wouldn't make such ridiculously inconsistent posts.

Documented history says otherwise.
I just referenced 500 years of Palestinian history. For 400 out of 500 years, Jews lived peacefully with Muslims in Palestine under Ottoman rule. If you think you can prove that Muslim Palestinians had a special hate for Jews during that 400 year period feel free to make your point by referencing an example of Palestinian Muslims attacking Palestinian Jews during that time. (1516-1918 ). You'll have to prove that it was worse than what Muslims did to Christians and other religious minorities at the same time, otherwise the incident was directed towards all "infidels" in general, rather than directed at Jews specifically.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I just referenced 500 years of Palestinian history. For 400 out of 500 years, Jews lived peacefully with Muslims in Palestine under Ottoman rule. If you think you can prove that Muslim Palestinians had a special hate for Jews during that 400 year period feel free to make your point by referencing an example of Palestinian Muslims attacking Palestinian Jews. You'll have to prove that it was worse than what Muslims did to Christians and other religious minorities at the same time, otherwise the incident was directed towards all "infidels" in general, rather than directed at Jews specifically.
Keep moving those goal posts, lol.

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
The story of the Jew haters agenda.

Just the Facts

House Member
Oct 15, 2004
SW Ontario
[/FONT]
Apples and oranges. 1.4 billion Muslims aren't the same culturally or even in their interpretation of the Islam.

Apples are the red ones and oranges are the orange ones, right? Just making sure you didn't get mixed up. The quote above was specifically referring to Palestinian dhimmi's. Apples and apples, my friend, oranges and oranges.

"Professor Moshe Maoz has summarized the conditions of those Jews (and Christians) living under Ottoman rule for centuries within their indigenous homeland of (Syro-) Palestine, as follows:"

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
Keep moving those goal posts, lol.

I disagree with you LG. The Palestine province of the Ottoman empire was more or less peaceful for 402 years while it was ruled by the Ottomans (1516 - 1918 ). The area was a Muslim majority where Jews were treated the same as other infidels (ie Christians). But as long as Ottoman citizens paid their taxes, they had religious freedom and access to the Ottoman criminal justice system... which officially did not discriminate along religious lines. Jews were always an integral part of the Ottoman empire. Many Jews have held powerful positions in the Ottoman government..

I just referenced 500 years of Palestinian history. For 400 out of 500 years, Jews lived peacefully with Muslims in Palestine under Ottoman rule. If you think you can prove that Muslim Palestinians had a special hate for Jews during that 400 year period feel free to make your point by referencing an example of Palestinian Muslims attacking Palestinian Jews during that time. (1516-1918 ). You'll have to prove that it was worse than what Muslims did to Christians and other religious minorities at the same time, otherwise the incident was directed towards all "infidels" in general, rather than directed at Jews specifically.

The unmoving goal post is prove that Palestinians had a special hate for Jews before Zionism became a force in Palestine. (1516-1918 )

Give me an example of how the Muslim Palestinians hated Jews specifically (more than other religious minorities) before Zionism.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
The constant moving goal post is prove that Palestinians had a special hate for Jews before Zionism became a force in Palestine. (1516-1918 )

But since this area was peaceful before it was overrun by hundreds of thousands of Jewish refugees fleeing the horrors of Nazi Europe, I going to say the people already living in the land without people weren't the cause of the problem.

Context is everything.

Your own standards, lol.

Give me an example of how the Muslim Palestinians hated Jews specifically (more than other religious minorities) before Zionism.
Why? That isn't what you said, nor is it what I challenged.

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
IMO, in order to believe that Palestinian oppression and injustice is acceptable or that setting a Palestinian family on fire inside a taxi isn't really a horrible of an act... or that a lynch mob of Jewish Israeli teenagers pounding the bejeezus out an Arab kid because he's Arab isn't worthy of condemnation, you'd have to believe that Palestinians are a lower form of human.

I have no problems condemning senseless violence directed at Israeli civilians just like everyone else here. But what I can do and most of you can't is condemn senseless violence directed at Palestinian civilians.

Its been three pages into this and only a few people besides myself actually condemned the lynching of an Arab teen by a group of Jewish Israeli teens.

For example

All violence should be condemed regardless who its against or by.

You hear about this sort of thing in big US cities sometimes. Usually a group of black kids swarming another kid for his iPhone or wallet. Of course, it is pollitically incorrect to name the race of the offenders but it happens fairly regularly.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
IMO, in order to believe that Palestinian oppression and injustice is acceptable or that setting a Palestinian family on fire inside a taxi isn't really a horrible of an act... or that a lynch mob of Jewish Israeli teenagers pounding the bejeezus out an Arab kid because he's Arab isn't worthy of condemnation, you'd have to believe that Palestinians are a lower form of human.

I have no problems condemning senseless violence directed at Israeli civilians just like everyone else here. But what I can do and most of you can't is condemn senseless violence directed at Palestinian civilians.
Ummm...

The Hezbollah are not "Freedom Fighters" as you continue to assert, they are Iranian supported terrorists, full stop. Palestinian youth attacking Israeli's, have no more right to do so, than Israeli youth doing the reverse.

Any call to look at 'context' as you call it, is a prelude to moral relativism, if not outright moral bankruptcy.
Which you replied to with your usual caveat of excuse and justifications.

To which I replied...

What an excellent whitewashing, lol.

I condemn acts of violence.

You make excuses for it, lol.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
IMO, in order to believe that Palestinian oppression and injustice is acceptable or that setting a Palestinian family on fire inside a taxi isn't really a horrible of an act... or that a lynch mob of Jewish Israeli teenagers pounding the bejeezus out an Arab kid because he's Arab isn't worthy of condemnation, you'd have to believe that Palestinians are a lower form of humans.

I'd have given you a thumbs up for condemning this act of violence (unlike Goober and CB who don't consider Israelis attacking Palestinians to be a serious crime or believable). But then you posted a link to neoconservative anti-Muslim hate site... On the plus side, it shows that you at least consider Palestinians to be human beings

As I have stated before Buckey- Show where Bear, myself or the ones you consider Trolls condone such acts. You make all sorts of baseless, inflammatory and slanderous allegations - as noted above. And when confronted run away like a nervous school girl.

As I have stated before Buckey- Show where Bear, myself or the ones you consider Trolls condone such acts. You make all sorts of baseless, inflammatory and slanderous allegations - as noted above. And when confronted run away like a nervous school girl.

Oh where did he go..........................

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
I would like to go on record here stating that the number of times one has been given a "Time Out" has no bearing on whether or not one can be determined to be a troll. There are more than one CC member that have yet to be banned and can still be considered a troll. So, there you go. One does not necessarily equate into the other.

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
Ummm...

Which you replied to with your usual caveat of excuse and justifications.

To which I replied...

OK CB I'll give you that. I never saw that sentence in amongst all your false claims about what I believe, support or have written. I tend not to read past the point where you start making false claims about me.

BTW G, I do have a life. Your constant taunts and insults probably violate forum rules. But that would be SS call, not mine.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
BTW G, I do have a life. Your constant taunts and insults probably violate forum rules. But that would be SS call, not mine.

Or Rons' or it even might be mine.

Regardless, I think the best tack for a man is rise above the confusion and rat race, show 'how to be' rather than participate in the insanity. It's better for the mental health.

Also, I strongly suggest placing any potential problem members you discover ( annoying, brain-dead, trollish or erstwhile numbnutted posters ) on ignore. Strongly. Forum martyrs, as are dry farts, are a waste of time and over-rated.

Person 'A' will never change Person 'B's' mind ( well, sometimes it does happen but when willingness is absent, fuggedaboutit ) so the endless rabble, debate and snarkery gets neither party anywhere other than closer to a rage stroke.