Queen Honours Cretien

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
I live like a King and a King doesn't work.
So you must be living off the bribes paid to keep Que from whining so much - Unfortunately it does not work - They are born to whine - I wish they would separate but then again they would have to go with the land mass they brought with them -

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
I live like a King and a King doesn't work.
Big

As you are good enough to answer my questions I have a few more
Do you have a house?
Does the house have a deck?
If having a deck, how big is it?

big

Time Out
Oct 15, 2009
Quebec
So you must be living off the bribes paid to keep Que from whining so much - Unfortunately it does not work - They are born to whine - I wish they would separate but then again they would have to go with the land mass they brought with them -

How can you paint Quebecers as losers and then manage to be jealous of them!?

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
Brother Spade - I am sure that you are not a fan of Chretien?

I was not a fan.
1. Instead of simply saying "No" to Bush over Iraq, his "Well, we'll go to Kabul instead and I hope you won't be too angry" was the beginning of the morass we're in in Afghanistan.
2. He almost lost the country during the last referendum.
3. In part, a realization of his failure during the referendum led to the sponsorship scandal.
4. He clung to power too long; his battle with Martin and the sponsorship scandal gave us the Harper government.

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
We need great men leading a great nation. Unfortunately, we Canadians are content with far less.

I think that’s a very real problem for Canadians — we don’t even see it that way. We need great men (i.e., more than one person, plural) to run the nation effectively and in a way that can satisfy the majority of the population; I, for one, have had enough of the “one-man show” that has become too much the Canadian reality of government. Ministers should be making major decisions and major announcements themselves, with the support and leadership of the prime minister. The original intention of a prime minister was to be a “first among equals”.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
saying Canada has a multiple parties like a Russian saying he only voted for the hammers but not the sickles.

big

Time Out
Oct 15, 2009
Quebec
I was not a fan.
1. Instead of simply saying "No" to Bush over Iraq, his "Well, we'll go to Kabul instead and I hope you won't be too angry" was the beginning of the morass we're in in Afghanistan.
2. He almost lost the country during the last referendum.
3. In part, a realization of his failure during the referendum led to the sponsorship scandal.
4. He clung to power too long; his battle with Martin and the sponsorship scandal gave us the Harper government.

1) Just saying no to mad US neo-cons. would have been imprudent.

2) Chretien saved the country during the last Quebec's referendum.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
I think that’s a very real problem for Canadians — we don’t even see it that way. We need great men (i.e., more than one person, plural) to run the nation effectively and in a way that can satisfy the majority of the population; I, for one, have had enough of the “one-man show” that has become too much the Canadian reality of government. Ministers should be making major decisions and major announcements themselves, with the support and leadership of the prime minister. The original intention of a prime minister was to be a “first among equals”.
Yup. Unfortunately, party politics is more important it seems. That coupled with the fact the PM of Canada has gobs more power than the Pres of the US, makes governing Canada a farce. And it's the reason I think Ottawa should give up power to the regions.

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
1) Just saying no to mad US neo-cons. would have been imprudent.

2) Chretien saved the country during the last Quebec's referendum.

Taller men would have said, "Non!"

"The wealth of the entire world is not worth the life of a single child."

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
He deserves the award and he is getting it without sacrificing his country
He deserved the award like Obama deserved the Nobel. Actually not even quite that much. ChRETIeN is a crook. The awards crooks SHOULD get is time in a room with striped sunlight.
Like I said before;

Shawinigate, Shawinigate.
Look at all the ribbons I rate.

Following your logic, Mulroney should get an Order of Merit (or whatever), too.

I did not like Levesque's politics, but I sure respected the guy. He worked damned hard for the people he believed in. Why didn't he get one? He wasn't a crook.