Atheism: The reasons for it.

GreenFish66

House Member
Apr 16, 2008
www.myspace.com
Save yourself --self savior...! God or whatever you wanna call ITt is something far bigger than any man can observe or decribe!!...Believe what you will ..But I believe in something bigger than myself..I have faith in the future..

No need for paranoia!,,What would god wanna watch us for? Doing something wrong??lol

That\s big brother ..Don\t get them confused!!lol

Scott Free

House Member
May 9, 2007
BC
Yes I agree, I have stated before on this forum, that if a small community could be formed
with many children among them, and religion or gods were never mentioned at all, and
religion did not exist where they lived, and
the children were allowed to grow up with a free mind, they would be much more open
and receptive to everyone else, without judgement, without fear, and without the obedience
that comes along with having to do what the church says.

I think your right, however, I think also those children wouldn't have the skills to ward of the virus of belief later in life. I doubt they would become fanatics but it is their children who would get the worst of it. I think we are best served by inoculating our children against wish thinking. Teach them how to think rationally and logically then take them to churches, mosques and synagogues; take what you heard and dissect it, analyze it with them and demonstrate to them what it really is. Ask them if they would like to live like that, if there is something wrong with pork, if they think there is a hairy thunderer in the sky watching there every move, etc.. In the event a child is slow then make fun of religion, deride it and do parodies of it. They might not understand why religion isn't good but they will avoid it anyway. When they need an argument they will remember one of your jokes. IMO Monty Python did wonders in helping people break the spell.

In Between Man

The Biblical Position
Sep 11, 2008
49° 19' N, 123° 4' W
But to be saved, you have to follow certain rules, whether you want it or not, you have to give up the enjoyment of your body and of many naturally enjoyable things, you have to stick to subservient mentality, set rigid limits to your own inner development. To me this seems a monstrous price to pay for something that is proclaimed to be free.

Wrong. That's what grace through faith means. Your acts have nothing to do with it. Your saved by the single act of God dying on the cross, for you. Again, how you behave has nothing to do with it.

In Between Man

The Biblical Position
Sep 11, 2008
49° 19' N, 123° 4' W
There you go. You prove the correctness of Prax's post about fear. You discuss such a sinful concept as "ateism",

Am I am not allowed to discuss the psychology that I see behind atheism?

but talking about religious beliefs you don't see farther than Christianity. Great preprogramming!
Pa-lease! How do you know, what I know about religion? How do you know what my world view is? The article is in part, defense of those pesky christians.

Last edited:

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
The article is in part, defense of those pesky christians.

Therein lies the problem with religion - the animosity toward each others beliefs (or non-beliefs). There will never be peace on earth as long as there is religion. Your religion is no better than any other. They are all a belief in fairy tales. Just take a look around and see what your fellow man has done to others, to the earth (supposedly god's creation) and ask yourself "Why would god want to save this gang of morons?"

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
no defenses to protect themselves from such barbaric nonsense. Parents who force that crap on their kids should be publicly flogged.
So to keep the children from learning barbaric practices they should be shown a barbaric act (public flogging). This is because your barbaric acts are (insert word here) better than their barbaric acts.
Interesting to say the least...?

In Between Man

The Biblical Position
Sep 11, 2008
49° 19' N, 123° 4' W

Therein lies the problem with religion - the animosity toward each others beliefs (or non-beliefs). There will never be peace on earth as long as there is religion. Your religion is no better than any other. They are all a belief in fairy tales. Just take a look around and see what your fellow man has done to others, to the earth (supposedly god's creation) and ask yourself "Why would god want to save this gang of morons?"

Religious fanatics are not evidence for the non-existence of God. Nice try.

Would you say that evil in general however, is evidence for his non-existence?

In Between Man

The Biblical Position
Sep 11, 2008
49° 19' N, 123° 4' W
No, it actually doesn't. The whole concept of sin stems from the original sin, and as original sin is to ridiculous a concept to be taken seriously, so are its numerous consequences.

The reason why I brought that up was cuz Vanni asked me for evidence of salvation. Well, when weak christians worry if they are actually saved, its usually because they struggle against sin. But an unsaved person would never have these feelings of struggling.

In Between Man

The Biblical Position
Sep 11, 2008
49° 19' N, 123° 4' W

how the god kill him few from jews ?

Sorry, ahmadabdalrhman, but I don't understand what your asking.

how the god he have mother from humans ?

He created the universe didn't he? Why would that be difficult? He needed a way to bring forth, the God-man, Jesus. That's the beauty of it. Imagine a God that humbled himself to be killed by his very creatures. Just so that you and him can be reconciled.

how the god eat the food like humans ?

Jesus ate with his mouth. :roll:

why just have one son ?

Jesus was his only son, before creation. We are all God's children.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Religious fanatics are not evidence for the non-existence of God. Nice try.

Would you say that evil in general however, is evidence for his non-existence?

alleyway,

I never said there was no god, at least there isn't one that requires our continued praise and subjugation. What you call evil I call ignorance. If humans were taught about their own divinity, then they would not be going around killing each other over silly belief systemsor running amok destroying our life support system (the Earth). I have no problem with spiritual beliefs and practices. But I do have a problem with religions because they preach hate and intolerance toward those who do not subscribe to the same fairy tales.

Vereya

Council Member
Apr 20, 2006
Tula
Wrong. That's what grace through faith means. Your acts have nothing to do with it. Your saved by the single act of God dying on the cross, for you. Again, how you behave has nothing to do with it.

Hmmm... so Hitler and Stalin are saved the same as some kind person who had never hurt anyone in his life? 8O

ahmadabdalrhman

Electoral Member
Sep 14, 2008
www.watchislam.com
Sorry, ahmadabdalrhman, but I don't understand what your asking.

if jews telling you we killed your god ( Jesus ) ?

you don't feel Jesus not the god ?

what you are feel ?

He created the universe didn't he? Why would that be difficult? He needed a way to bring forth, the God-man, Jesus. That's the beauty of it. Imagine a God that humbled himself to be killed by his very creatures. Just so that you and him can be reconciled

why the god can't say I reconciled to human and him can be reconciled the human? not kill son him ?

Jesus ate with his mouth. :roll:

then you are the god ( jesus ) go to bathroom !!!???

Jesus was his only son, before creation. We are all God's children.

if all christians of god's children

why the god's he agonising much from human ( god's children ) ? reason of that human sins !!!

Last edited:

Vereya

Council Member
Apr 20, 2006
Tula

I've had a touch of rebellious hysteria towards religions recently. They do rule this world, and by doing so they can't but cause a lot of heartbreak, bloodshed, animosity and other similar things. And I've been thinking how hard to take this is, and wouldn't it really be better to have a world without religions? But then I thought some more. And I came to the conclusion, that there is no other principle that can unite such quantites of people, or divide them, and provide for the balance of powers in the world. Religion as such, in the abstract, is a very powerful program that is subdivided into lesser ones, the actual exhisting religions. These programs are used to manage people. What other concept can be used instead of religion? Skin color? Political convictions? Abstract ideas? I hardly think so. So perhaps it's better the way it is...

Vereya

Council Member
Apr 20, 2006
Tula
The reason why I brought that up was cuz Vanni asked me for evidence of salvation. Well, when weak christians worry if they are actually saved, its usually because they struggle against sin. But an unsaved person would never have these feelings of struggling.

Yes, right. Because there is no such thing as a sin. There are right things to do, and wrong things to do. Right things bring good consequences, wrong things bring bad consequences. Good consequences make your life happy, bad ones make it unhappy. That's it. There's no need to struggle. Why fight an invisible enemy, when you know what is good for you, and what's not?

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Yes, right. Because there is no such thing as a sin. There are right things to do, and wrong things to do. Right things bring good consequences, wrong things bring bad consequences. Good consequences make your life happy, bad ones make it unhappy. That's it. There's no need to struggle. Why fight an invisible enemy, when you know what is good for you, and what's not?

What is it called when you do an act that you end up apologizing for, most people would say that happens after you do something wrong. Doing something 'wrong' is committing a sin. You even defined it yourself but just refuse to allow 'being wrong' to be called a sin.