Wow, Putin is dragging Russia into the dark ages.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com

Open season on Gays in Russia.. no bag limit..

Omicron

Privy Council
Jul 28, 2010
Vancouver
Imagine Putin passing a law saying kids cannot be given up for adoption to alchoholic couples.

Alchoholic, abusive fathers are vastly more damaging to a child's development than a loving couple who happen to be same-sex.

Omicron

Privy Council
Jul 28, 2010
Vancouver
Maybe and maybe not.

So you think if you as a kid were brought up by a pair of dykes, you'd hate it more than being beaten by a violent alchoholic male role-example model?

What's you're problem? Fearing that you'd get into a double-Odifex complex?

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
I don't know why the Gays have such a hard on for Russia.. Russia is a more religious country than the USA or Canada..

It's basically stopping homosexuals from openly expressing themselves in public.. personally I don't want to watch to Homosexuals kissing in public, or Heterosexuals.. get a fukking room already.

But why pick on Russia? There are plenty of countries with more repressive laws against Gays than Russia, such as Qatar, and Iran.. or is it just left wing media looking for a story??

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa

Russia hasnt executed anyone since Putin has been in power. Stalin's list went into the millions. He got his list started long before taking office too. This is a horrible change but it just isnt comparable to Stalin or the type of place the Soviet Union was under him. Even Stalin's successors hated him and had no problem with destroying the personality cult that had been built around him.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
I don't know why the Gays have such a hard on for Russia.. Russia is a more religious country than the USA or Canada..

It's basically stopping homosexuals from openly expressing themselves in public.. personally I don't want to watch to Homosexuals kissing in public, or Heterosexuals.. get a fukking room already.

But why pick on Russia? There are plenty of countries with more repressive laws against Gays than Russia, such as Qatar, and Iran.. or is it just left wing media looking for a story??
Perhaps because since the wall came down, Russia should be dragging itself out of the Dark Ages. So it should know better than to single out one specific group. Places like Syria, Qatar, and Iran are places we can't really expect much out of as far as human rights and stuff so voices of the people don't matter to them as much.
Just my theory.
IMO, I'd sooner see a couple showing affection than see people wandering around with "concealed weapons" that are obviously weapons. But then my priorities are different than a lot of folks' priorities.

Last edited:

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
Not a bit... I mean like... we have 57 of em'... like wtf

Is that supposed to make a homosexual in Texas feel better? Yeah, probably not. The point was that many Americans freaked out when this happened, but how many even knew that the Russian laws were so similar to some of their own states, including Utah which also hosted the Olympics.

Miss the point much? It wasn't a comparison of numbers... Geez.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Is that supposed to make a homosexual in Texas feel better? Yeah, probably not. The point was that many Americans freaked out when this happened, but how many even knew that the Russian laws were so similar to some of their own states, including Utah which also hosted the Olympics.

Miss the point much? It wasn't a comparison of numbers... Geez.

Me miss the point much?

"prohibitions on classroom instruction that promotes homosexuality."

You can't see the difference between the laws?

I'm sure most homosexuals in Texas are busy doing other things other than worrying about this.

Geez.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Me miss the point much?

"prohibitions on classroom instruction that promotes homosexuality."

You can't see the difference between the laws?

I'm sure most homosexuals in Texas are busy doing other things other than worrying about this.

Geez.

Only a matter of degree. Is 10 lashes better than 100?

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Only a matter of degree. Is 10 lashes better than 100?

Not allowing homosexuality to be promoted in school is a lash?

Dude... I could care less if they get married, join the military etc.... but lets get real here.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Not allowing homosexuality to be promoted in school is a lash?

Dude... I could care less if they get married, join the military etc.... but lets get real here.

Some religious people get right bent out of shape over it. Never herd of anyone promoting homosexuality in school or anywhere else since it is not a lifestyle choice but the way some people are born.Should be just another part of the birds and the bees that is taught in school.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Some religious people get right bent out of shape over it. Never herd of anyone promoting homosexuality in school or anywhere else since it is not a lifestyle choice but the way some people are born.Should be just another part of the birds and the bees that is taught in school.

That is what Tonn's article is about... read it.

You want to know what the biggest threat to gay men is? Other gay men. But shhhhh... can't say that.