Wow, Putin is dragging Russia into the dark ages.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
It a subject about the 3% that the 1% want us to devote time any energy to solve just like the similarly fixless CO2 problem and the starving millions, all pastimes for the doomed. You'd think the doomed had better things to do.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
Me miss the point much?

Yes, you missed the point.

You can't see the difference between the laws?

The Russian law and State laws both limit speech about homosexuality. Utah goes a step further legislating that homosexuals can't adopt. I said the laws were similar, and they are. I never said they are the same. Take your strawman home with you.

Geez.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
The Russian law and State laws both limit speech about homosexuality. Utah goes a step further legislating that homosexuals can't adopt. I said the laws were similar, and they are. I never said they are the same. Take your strawman home with you.

Geez.

If they aren't the same then take that s*** out of this thread.

You can hardly drink a beer in Utah for crying out loud.

Geez.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Remember Putin was head of the KGB and the Communist system served
him well. With the fall of Communism (which never existed it was really racism)\
hiding under a different banner discussion for another day, Putin has moved to
the Russian Orthodox Church. That group ran the show during the Czar days.
Extreme right and as fanatical the Westburow Baptists in America. No not all
Baptists the crazy ones that hate everyone from Jesus to Veterans.
Russia is sliding back into dictatorship because they are comfortable with it.
After seventy six years they got comfortable with the church or government in
charge.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
So you think if you as a kid were brought up by a pair of dykes, you'd hate it more than being beaten by a violent alchoholic male role-example model?

And look at this! A PAIR OF D****! (self censored)

How's that tolerant education working elsewhere?

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Yes, you missed the point.

Geez.

So I guess you're in favour of expending human resources to help the 4% of the world feel comfortable about their diseases while the 87.5% in peril of loosing their homes jobs and lives to the real crisis? What about the CO2 disaster? Shouldn't we all focus on that? Isn't fixing the whole world good for the LGBT community? Where will we get the money? When will we get some money? It's not a problem. What will happen to the programes to help the bullied? We still haven't gotten wheelchair access mandated for all building commercial and private yet. I suppose we'll have to drop everything and help the LBTG community. What will happen to drought threatened polar bears? I suppose pothole remediation is dead. Vaccination programs will have to be suspended. I don't think we can spare the time really.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
So I guess you're in favour of expending human resources to help the 4% of the world feel comfortable about their diseases while the 87.5% in peril of loosing their homes jobs and lives to the real crisis?
What diseases? You mean the same diseases that other people get from time to time?

I did a little research and found out that LGBT folks are more prone to some diseases (some cancers, HIV/AIDS, etc.) than other people and yet the reverse is also true for other diseases. Also found out that LGBT folks are more prone to diseases in general partially due to inequities in social and structural issues - a lot of them stress-related because of stigmas and discrimination and that leads to a higher rate of illicit drug use (and diseases relative to that activity). So isn't it really cool to put a lot of pressure and stress on groups like LGBT people? I mean all that does is lead to stress related diseases and an increase in medical care: same thing for the anti-prostitute crowd and so on and on.
Info - CDC - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Health - About LGBT Health