What's your opinion on United States Of America?

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Oh come on, are you trying to tell me you have seen the same conditions in Canada than the U.S.?
Yes.

I have been to many American and Canadian cities and as far as slums go the U.S. has us beat by miles.
Are you confusing quantity for quality, figuratively speaking of course.

Given the population of Canada is roughly the same as the State of New York. I would say they would statistically have a larger poverty problem. It's a given.

But we are not immune, nor are we better at addressing the issue then the US.

sombraa110

Electoral Member
Feb 1, 2010
roflmao

Detroit:

Pittsburgh:

LA:

Yup. Wonderful conditions.

Just look at how good your country is you Dumbfu&^.!!!!!

i wish you're not thinking your fuc%#ng country is the greatest one.
you fuc&%ng bastardss!

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Then why measure Canada against the US in this way?
I'm not measuring a comparison. I'm just illustrating how the USA isn't all as great as the OP propagandised. :)

I've been to reservations across Canada and the US, they range in health from well off to real bad.
Yup

I've visited more US and Canadian cities than I can actually remember, and I've seen as much poverty here as there, as much wealth and here or there.
Yup.

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
Yes.

Are you confusing quantity for quality, figuratively speaking of course.

Given the population of Canada is roughly the same as the State of New York. I would say they would statistically have a larger poverty problem. It's a given.

But we are not immune, nor are we better at addressing the issue then the US.

Sorry, haven't seen anything as bad as I have seen in the U.S. and I run a charity here and have seen some bad things.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Sorry, haven't seen anything as bad as I have seen in the U.S. and I run a charity here and have seen some bad things.
I have, I fish in Oshawa btw.

Not that Oshawa is a prime example. But I've seen poverty in Canada, that would shake your roots.

Icarus27k

Council Member
Apr 4, 2010
Don't stop for me. As I said. Continue. Grovel. Some here love this. So seeing one like yourself come here and stroke their egos has some good staying power. They will appreciate this.

So don't let me get in your way.

I'm not sure, but I think you just sarcastically told me to be nice.

On the thread topic. Snowboarding is serious business in the USA. I can't live withouT the US slopes, I don't think. So snowboarding is +1 for US.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
roflmao Gonna cry now because I showed your perception of your country to be askew?

you fuc&%ng bastardss!
Utoh, poppencorksen schnappen sie firewerken und blowen sie fusens. Ist nicht gut.

sombraa110

Electoral Member
Feb 1, 2010
roflmao Gonna cry now because I showed your perception of your country to be askew?

Utoh, poppencorksen schnappen sie firewerken und blowen sie fusens. Ist nicht gut.
hahahahaa
**** no bi%ch!
you're funny ass hell:)
i wish you were concerned that everyone is against of what your poor little country is doing to those baby seals.
hahhahahaha
bastard!:DD

Icarus27k

Council Member
Apr 4, 2010
The worst poverty one is going to find in the US is in rural Appalachia; on American Indian reservations; and probably Kaloweo County, Hawaii (the former Hansen's disease community).

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOps....now that crap hasn't changed in ten years.... I could almost recite verbatim the topics brought up, rerun, spun through grinder and spit out....some in humor, some in anger, and some just because there's a brawl goin on ...

Rarely on this topic is one fact brought up which bores everyone to tears and often I put it up to speak once again something I happen to believe in - which has never deviated from the first time I read a Canadian's opinion of the USA....Of course the two nations are different, they had different births, different affiliations and origins, different modes of life and commerce and relationships throughout the global community....and yet the twin pathways have remained in tandem regardless of what we feel personally.

Anyway... the thought goes something like this:

Were either nation - Canada or the U.S. hit with warfare, missile, bomb, invasion, or other warlike activity, the nation joined at the 49th would be on it like flies on you know what....

It is something I have always believed regardless of internet scrapping because as I say so many times, other nations would give their lives to have friends at the common border such as we two nations have.

We think alike, we do alike, we get into trouble alike, we drink alike, we love alike, we take on responsibilities alike, we help other nations alike, we grow good kids alike, and our doors are always open alike.... may it always be thus.

It's also healthy to disagree and diverge - keeps us on our paths and copycats are only smart if they let the other side try it first to see if it works!!!

Reactions: Ron in Regina

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
hahahahaa
**** no bi%ch!
you're funny ass hell:)
i wish you were concerned that everyone is against of what your poor little country is doing to those baby seals.
hahhahahaha
bastard!:DD
Try putting your words into coherent sentences. :) People might understand you a little easier.

Anyway, if you don't like people giving their honest and informed opinion about something, don't start a thread asking for their opinion.

Last edited:

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
roflmao

Detroit:

Pittsburgh:

LA:

Yup. Wonderful conditions.

I am curious as to the source of those pics, Anna. The one labeled Detroit appears to be somewhere in Africa, perhaps Johannesburg. It is certainly somewhere tropical judging from the palm trees in the middleground. I would guess the one labeled Pittsburgh is probably also in Africa and the LA pic seems to be in Latin America.

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
Since we're saying things we wouldn't normally say: USA has higher crime than Canada. If I moved to Canada, would I be bored because there isn't enough danger?

Could I go without my shiv in Canada, I guess is what I'm asking.

Actually the crime rate in Canada and the USA is remarkably similar. This site gives a fair comparison. The biggest difference between Canada and the US is the larger amount of gun crime in the US.
Total crimes (per capita) by country. Definition, graph and map.

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton

you fuc&%ng bastardss!

I am wondering why you started this thread. You begin by listing ten inaccurate reasons as to why the US is the greatest and are then surprised that a forum full of non-Americans takes exception to your post. Try posting the same thread in another non-American forum and you are going to get the same response. You should realize that every nationality believes its culture to be the best regardless of any imperfections. Canada is no exception.

BTW anyone who has to resort to profanity and insults in order to make a point has already lost the argument.

Icarus27k

Council Member
Apr 4, 2010
Anna, did you actually believe those pics were legit? Because that's, for lack of a better term, f'd up.