What's your opinion on United States Of America?

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
It's got more guns (big and small) than anyone else. :D
It has lots of resources (even with the debt and deficit).
The scenery is great and there is elbow room, unlike places like Japan, Monaco, and Bangladesh.

Definitely more guns, but was it worth the debt?

Scenery, yes, it is great. No wonder the Americans kept expanding their borders.

'Elbow room'? Interesing choice of words? Why not Lebensraum?:lol:

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Definitely more guns, but was it worth the debt?

Scenery, yes, it is great. No wonder the Americans kept expanding their borders.

'Elbow room'? Interesing choice of words? Why not Lebensraum?:lol:
You're talking about Living Space, I'm talking about elbow room. lol The states south of this area aren't exactly crowded. lol
I agree if you are saying that the USA has had its duds for administrations (Bush, Johnson, Reagan, Carter, etc.), but so has everyone else.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
This is interesting. Among a bunch of my liberal/Democrat friends, we call this Unexpected Patriotism Syndrome.

It's when an American leftist who normally hates patriotism in all its forms (people who usually clash with the uber-patriotic conservatives over whether all the pride is really justified) suddenly feels defensive for the US. It usually happens when the leftist is listening to a diffent point of view from a non-American.

It confuses us.

*thinks "I can't believe I'm being lumped in with Americans who think their country is the best ever. How mortifying."*

Gosh we wouldn't want a lefty being proud to be American now would we! What a sin for a liberal to love his own country.

Please continue groveling before the forum.

Icarus27k

Council Member
Apr 4, 2010
EagleSmack: In general, less patriotism is good. Especially, if it's unbridled, unjustified pride.

Even if one's nation does deserve praise, country seems to be something so large and distant to the individual, that the love many Americans have for their country is kind of odd. I mean, I can love my family a lot because I know my family members a lot. I can't really say I know all my countrymen a lot (almost all of them are strangers to me; I may know like 100 out of the 306 million of them).

I can say that I love the US, but I got to keep in its proper place. As much as one individual who doesn't know most of the US, I love the US.

And rationally, I don't know why anyone would claim one nation is the greatest nation. I don't think quality of nations works that way.

Icarus27k

Council Member
Apr 4, 2010
And I'm not groveling. I'm pointing out that I shouldn't be lumped in with the Americans that believe their country is the greatest. Because I don't believe that.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
And I'm not groveling. I'm pointing out that I shouldn't be lumped in with the Americans that believe their country is the greatest. Because I don't believe that.

No please. Continue to grovel, you're good at it and many in here will appreciate it while holding you in contempt for simply being American at the same time.

What did you say a few posts back?

"Many Americans have an inferiority complex with Canada."

lol. As I said... continue groveling. You have an audience. :lol:

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
ES you do you always mistake dissatisfaction with ones nation of origin as groveling. The very same argument was used against the founders of the modern republic of America who groveled their way to victory in the revolution. Criticism of ones nation is constructive in fact it's a citizens duty to insist on better performance. You however will be fine with everything even if your clinging to the bow of the sinking ship of state. I see you waveing the flag and screaming #1USA gurgle gurgle gurgle possibly even pushing the last red launch button to take out Iran.

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
Blind Patriotism can be dangerous.

"Naturally the common people don't want war; neither in Russia, nor in England, nor in America, nor in Germany. That is understood. But after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

Hermann Goering

Perfect example of how the U.S. was able to invade Iraq with popular support.

The population was played with patriotism....few will admit it though.

Icarus27k

Council Member
Apr 4, 2010
That's just silly. I'm not going to change what I say just because you don't think I should be saying it to "outsiders".

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
You won't be. I hate the USA by the way and the following list of other nations towns and cities, Israel, Canada, Britian, New York, Moosejaw, London, Tel-Aviv, Brussels etc. All of the national flags, banks, insurance institutions, Al Gore, Ottawa, Trono, Muntreall, bankers, investors etc.

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
You won't be. I hate the USA by the way and the following list of other nations towns and cities, Israel, Canada, Britian, New York, Moosejaw, London, Tel-Aviv, Brussels etc. All of the national flags, banks, insurance institutions, Al Gore, Ottawa, Trono, Muntreall, bankers, investors etc.

You hate anyone with a life.....get one and see what all the rage is.:lol:

Icarus27k

Council Member
Apr 4, 2010

So, you might say that you have a list of things you've put "On Notice"? I have to get me one of those lists.

1. The Financial Aid Office
2. "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory"
3. M. Night Shyamalan plot twists

Icarus27k

Council Member
Apr 4, 2010
4. Distracting TV graphics
5. The overly aggressive dog down the street
6. Accounting calculators

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
That's just silly. I'm not going to change what I say just because you don't think I should be saying it to "outsiders".

Don't stop for me. As I said. Continue. Grovel. Some here love this. So seeing one like yourself come here and stroke their egos has some good staying power. They will appreciate this.

So don't let me get in your way.

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
Don't stop for me. As I said. Continue. Grovel. Some here love this. So seeing one like yourself come here and stroke their egos has some good staying power. They will appreciate this.

So don't let me get in your way.

Toe the line like good old Eagle,then and only then are you a true patriot.:lol::roll::lol::roll:

Ameirca, love it or leave it...isn't that right Eagle old boy?