What Are You Having For Dinner?

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
similar to the beef soup from a couple of days back - except that this time I used Italian sausage and made it even spicier = very tasty, indeed

dessert = chocolate muffin topped with sweet cream & glass of orange juice

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
i bought a delisio frozen pizza, and while it was cooking, sauteed broccoli, added spinach and cubed
tomatoes just before serving.

covered pizza with veggies, a nice glass of 'luna rossa' red wine, good company, followed by a good hockey game.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
I made my usual pasta sauce but this time I sauteed the mushrooms, burger and onions in copious amounts of bacon fat. Added a nice background flavour.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
chicken-tomato soup with white rice & lettuce

the stock was extra spicy as I added Sriracha hot sauce which adds an immense amount of flavor

drank a large can of coco water as my dessert

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
we had a full lunch so for dinner we just

had a spinach salad, with strawberries, pumpkin seeds, olive oil/blasamic dressing

poached eggs on one toast, and one chocolate each for dessert.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
chicken salad sandwich

grape juice

later on I prepared chocolate breakfast muffins - made a mistake last time by not adding sour cream to my muffin mix = they come out too dry and tasteless without a generous heaping of sour cream

this time they came out very soft & moist ~ looking forward to brekkie tomorrow morning for Beltane :)

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
we're having Cinco de Mayo weekend here in St Paul's West Side - in anticipation of the festivities, I had two tortillas for dinner and they were absolutely superb

plan on having some more tomorrow

Happy Cinco de Mayo to everyone!

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
I recently bought a large five quart stock pot and used it to make a very special soup comprised of:

chicken breast
white rice
cabbage
white beans
white wine sauce
apple cider vinegar
spices

naturally, there was plenty left over for tonight - all I did was to boil some more cabbage before partaking of my din din --- best part of all is that I still have plenty for tomorrow

You guys know how much I LOVE leftovers! :)