What Are You Having For Dinner?

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
I don't know what I'm having for dinner today, but I do know that I've just walked past James Martin from BBC One's Saturday Kitchen!!!!

It's Bank Holiday today and here in Bolton there is a food and drink festival and virtually the whole of Victoria Square in front of the town hall is covered in food and drinks stalls with all sorts of edible wares (cheeses, pies, curries, beers, stick insects). And, just a few minutes ago, I walked past a news crew who were, right then, interviewing somebody, and I realised it was none other than the chef, James Martin, from Saturday Kitchen! OMG! OMG! Omgomgomgomgomgomg!

I'm not going to be on the telly myself, though, because I walked behind the news crew.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
I made breaky tonight. Flaps, hashbrowns, oink n eggs. Erm, our oink is home cured from hogs a neighbour raises, the eggs came from my chickens, the taters from my garden, and same for the onion that went into the hash.
I love homemade food. Makes that storebought stuff taste like unflavoured ricecakes.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
I just got in from the store, got caught in a downpour too-FML, anyway, am currently chowing down on a seafood salad sammich on a french roll.

Tonight though I'm doing a Teriyaki Stir Fry with Pork tenderloin. Homemade teriyaki sauce.....should be good.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Had a couple moose pepperonis, a carrot, and a celery stick. Tonight, perhaps baked salmon (pink), cobble corn, and wild or basmati rice with chopped bell peppers and onion in it. Maybe mixed wild and basmati.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
:/

We had homestyle "mac n cheese" with beet green salad.
layer pan with grated cheese (I used cheddar tonight), then a layer of noodles (I used rotelli tonight), a layer of chopped celery and onion, a layer of cheese, a layer of noodles, and a layer of cheese then added a cup of tomato juice baked at 350(F) for about 3/4 hour or so.