What Are You Having For Dinner?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Do you often have two kinds of meat at one meal? Or are the meat balls made of lamb?

Nope, the lamb was leftover from the day before and not everyone in our family likes lamb.................their loss.

Going to Smitty's or somewhere else nice?

I haven't heard of anywhere you can eat out that's nice! I suppose Denny's is about as good as it gets or at least it was before they quit serving their meat loaf.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Nope, the lamb was leftover from the day before and not everyone in our family likes lamb.................their loss.

I haven't heard of anywhere you can eat out that's nice! I suppose Denny's is about as good as it gets or at least it was before they quit serving their meat loaf.

8O

There is a whole world beyond Denny's.

Whole world filled with many marvelous food stuffs. :D

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Salad. Today at work chef classes made cupcakes which needed to be judged... oink...then someone opened a bag of chips....I caved:-(

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Just picking, the boss and her sister went to New Year's bingo, so I'm expected to survive with no cook!

Christianna

Electoral Member
Dec 18, 2012
Hamburger pie

1 lb. ground beef
1 small onion
1 can (10-11 oz) condensed beef with vegies and barley (undiluted)
1 can ( 10-11 oz) condensed golden mushroom soup (undiluted)
3 medium potatoes , cut into 1/2 inch cubes
4 medium carrots , sliced into about 1/16 of an inch
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
2 beef bullion cubes
Pastry for double crust 9 inch pies

In a skillet brown the beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. add the soups, potatoes, carrots , salt, pepper and beef bullion cubes. Mix well and divide between 2 9 inch pie plates

roll pastry to fit the top of each pie, place over filling. Seal and flute the edges. Cut slits in the top. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand on a wire rack for4 15 minutes before serving. makes 3 or 4 serving each pie.

Salad and Chocolate pudding for dessert.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Tonight I made a fattoush salad for the first time in years. It takes a lot of prep but it was well worth it. It is a super nice salad for anyone into salads.