US To Give Military Aid To Syrian Rebels

BaalsTears

Senate Member
Jan 25, 2011
Santa Cruz, California
Think of Uncle Sam as Sisyphus. First Afghanistan, then Iraq, then escalation in Afghanistan, now war in Syria. President Obama has decided to give weapons to Syrian rebels. What could go wrong? This will turn out badly for Uncle Sam. He will be defeated by the Russian/Iranian coalition imo unless Uncle Sam puts his troops into harm's way. Maybe we should think of Obama as George W. Bush. What could go wrong? Maybe some of these weapons will fall into the hands of Nusra the Syrian affiliate of Al Qaeda?

And domestically, people like me will use Obama's involvement in Syria to attack the Amerikan Left mercilessly. It will be like the level of dissent over the Second Iraq War.

Here's the article from the UK Guardian:

"The US has said it will provide military support to the Syrian rebels after confirming it believed there was concrete evidence of limited nerve gas attacks by government forces against rebel groups.
The assessment, based on CIA tests on blood, urine and hair samples from dead or wounded rebel fighters, is the first time Washington has supported claims previously made by British and French intelligence services in recent weeks. Assad has repeatedly denied using any chemical weapons in the bitter civil war.
"Following a deliberative review, our intelligence community assesses that the Assad regime has used chemical weapons, including the nerve agent sarin, on a small scale against the opposition multiple times in the last year," said a White House statement..."

Syria regime used chemical weapons against rebels, US officials say | World news | The Guardian

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Only a very big war can provide the huge rug necessary to sweep the dirt under. The global money masters would rather see the west and the Israeli liability both burning wasted wrecks than surrender their power and position. They are determined to remain hidden while the little men burn on the killing fields again like they were bred and born to do for them the select.

BaalsTears

Senate Member
Jan 25, 2011
Santa Cruz, California
Only a very big war can provide the huge rug necessary to sweep the dirt under. The global money masters would rather see the west and the Israeli liability both burning wasted wrecks than surrender their power and position. They are determined to remain hidden while the little men burn on the killing fields again like they were bred and born to do for them the select.

One would think Americans would learn after repeated calamities. Part of the new aid to Syrian rebels will be a new No Fly Zone over part of Syria. It will be American pilots flying these missions over Syrian territory. The Russians have every incentive in the world to knock them down. When that happens the US will escalate.

America needs to come home and start acting more like Canada.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
The US has financial interests in the are to protect. Besides a war in someone elses country is good for the economy. Also gives the lefties something to worry about instead of interfering in every resource project that we try to get up and running.

BaalsTears

Senate Member
Jan 25, 2011
Santa Cruz, California
The US has financial interests in the are to protect. Besides a war in someone elses country is good for the economy. Also gives the lefties something to worry about instead of interfering in every resource project that we try to get up and running.

American lefties will generally remain silent about this new military adventure because they are running the show. Their partisanship overwhelms their judgment.

Instead American lefties will focus on preventing Canada from the legitimate development of its resources. American lefties think they own Canada.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State

What are those interests aside from the potential increase in the value of military industrial complex stocks. How does further deficits improve the economy? And what are those resource projects you are referring to?

BaalsTears

Senate Member
Jan 25, 2011
Santa Cruz, California
American pilots will be attempting to enforce a No Fly Zone over parts of Syria. The US Air Force is going to be facing a much more serious threat than in Iraq or Afghanistan. It is entirely possible that there will be US POWS. A no fly zone will cost US taxpayers an estimated $50 million USD per day from what I heard.

Obama didn't have to issue a Red Line on Syria. Now his bluff has been called and he is forced to fight. How did it come to this?

Christianna

Electoral Member
Dec 18, 2012
I don't think anyone knows yet what and who the rebels are. I still think it is a mistake to get involved in a religious civil war.

BaalsTears

Senate Member
Jan 25, 2011
Santa Cruz, California
Hooray for aid to al Qaeda! Smartest move ever.

It's just amazing that Uncle Sam has been allied with Al Qaeda in Libya, and now is going into alliance with Al Qaeda in Syria/Nusra. At the same time Uncle Sam is at war with Al Qaeda in Afghanistan.

Does anyone remember Oceania, Eurasia and East Asia from George Orwell's 1984? This situation reminds me of the shifting alliances in Orwell's novel.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
This is not a left/right issue its about the economy and war is always good for the economy.
Bush wasn't left he was on the right, and Obama in Canada would not be considered on the
left, we would call him a red Tory if anything.
Yes the weapons will fall into the hands of people we don't want them having. The reason?
The rebels are the terrorists backed by Iran. The rebels don't want a secular Syria they want
a Muslim State. Turkey is where pro western rebels are in the streets protesting to get rid of
an Islamist regime.
Syria has a nasty bugger in charge, but then the people who will take charge are far worse
than the present government and we want to give them weapons. I don't care whether Obama
is a Democrat or Republican, to give these people weapons to create more problems for the
West is not good policy. North Africa, and Egypt are prime examples of things gone wrong.
Iraq huge mistake it was not required to go into Iraq. Afghanistan, that is a different matter
that was a world response problem, citizens from around the globe were killed that day and
the government of the day supported terrorism a response was required there.

Zipperfish

House Member
Apr 12, 2013
Vancouver

But if North America and Israel are burning wrecks, they will no longer have their positions of power. If you're going to have a conspiracy theory, it has to make sense.

I'ts pretty disappointing though. Christ, what are they hoping to achieve there? They are landing themselves in a world of sh*it. The focus right now should be China.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
But if North America and Israel are burning wrecks, they will no longer have their positions of power. If you're going to have a conspiracy theory, it has to make sense.
No it doesn't. It just has to be REALLY LOUD!

I'ts pretty disappointing though. Christ, what are they hoping to achieve there? They are landing themselves in a world of sh*it. The focus right now should be China.
I think Obama did it because he foolishly shot off his mouth about red lines, and now he's in put up or shut up territory.

Also makes a nice diversion from IRS, NSA, DOJ, AP (you can sing that to the tune of the Mickey Mouse Club theme song.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
I smell another Nobel Peace Prize for Obama!

Shia vs Sunni... Hezbollah vs Al Queda

Western nations providing just enough to protract this war and now with the Syrian Army making some gains we are going to step it up. Kind of makes you wonder.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I smell another Nobel Peace Prize for Obama!

Shia vs Sunni... Hezbollah vs Al Queda

Western nations providing just enough to protract this war and now with the Syrian Army making some gains we are going to step it up. Kind of makes you wonder.
I thought of that. Keeping the nutbars at each others' throats beats the heck out of having them coming here.

But I kinda doubt it. The administration isn't that clever.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Sarin gas apparently. It's a clusterf*ck of epic proportions. Russia and Israel support Assad, while US and Canada support al Qaeda.

I kinda have to go with Israel and Russia on this one.

The track record of supporting the al Qaeda/Mujahadeen/Brotherhood isn't a very good one.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Sarin gas apparently. It's a clusterf*ck of epic proportions. Russia and Israel support Assad, while US and Canada support al Qaeda.

I kinda have to go with Israel and Russia on this one.

The track record of supporting the Mujhadeen/Brotherhood isn't a very good one.

A Clusterf*** indeed. I cannot believe we are considering ANOTHER No-Fly Zone.

I can't wait until the US Anti-War Movement gets ramped up on this! (crickets)