US To Give Military Aid To Syrian Rebels

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Old men sending young men off to kill other young men and dying so old men can make tons of money. Stupidest and most destructive endeavour humans pursue. It is one of the proofs that we have not evolved at all as a species.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I knew I was avoiding this thread for a reason. I just kept bypassing it and dancing around it. But it finally ensnared me and yup, all the hairs are standing up on the back of my neck, and it leaves me feeling numb.

Bet if it was like in the old days were the king was riding right along side the troops there would be a whole lot less war. Here Sir, have a gander at the guy beside you getting his head blown off.

We just keep everything so clean and sterile. We remove the reality of the human being in every messy situation and we tally forth from the comfort of our lives.

Only problem with that is that back in the old days when war was up close, personal, and real bloody, folks went to war pretty much all the time. So I have to question the value of "up-close and personal" as a deterrent.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
But if North America and Israel are burning wrecks, they will no longer have their positions of power. If you're going to have a conspiracy theory, it has to make sense.

I'ts pretty disappointing though. Christ, what are they hoping to achieve there? They are landing themselves in a world of sh*it. The focus right now should be China.

Those geographic positions of power are only maintained until and as long as they are necessary to complete the transfers of wealth from the host national organisms.They are expendable, ask the Germans ask the Romans ask the French ask the British even the ancient Greeks succumbed.The enemy is not a national entity it is the combined wealthy elite which a very long time ago fused together to ensure permanent dominance of money, mines, slaves and weapons manufacture. There are only two classes of human on this planet, the top and the bottom. The conspiracy of power is no theory, it's a fact of life.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Only problem with that is that back in the old days when war was up close, personal, and real bloody, folks went to war pretty much all the time. So I have to question the value of "up-close and personal" as a deterrent.
true, don't know what the answer is

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Israel supports Assad so how can we be supporting everybody?

I don't get why you're saying this. Didn't the IAF do a couple airstrikes on Syrian Forces/Infrastructure? I can see WHY Israel would want Assad in power as he is has not shown to be too much of a threat.

I assume you are aware that the United States is in the process of being defeated by people who are tired of Western imperialism. .

By who?

That means the rest of the West is on its own...with Canada being the only exception.

The only exception of what?

And there was apparently more of it. The Dark Ages, Medieval Era... lots and lots of shield walls going up!

BaalsTears

Senate Member
Jan 25, 2011
Santa Cruz, California
By who?

The US has been defeated politically by itself and the series of Pashtun insurgents called collectively called the Taliban. Even now a Taliban delegation is in Tehran, Iran acting as the legitimate govt. of Afghanistan. The US military never lost a fight. But they were betrayed by politicians, a dithering bureaucracy, and an uncaring public. The US loss became certain in December 2009 when Obama announced both the escalation and the date of withdrawal. That told the Taliban that they need only wait out the US and they would win the war.

The only exception of what?...

Withdrawal from the Western alliance system.

BaalsTears

Senate Member
Jan 25, 2011
Santa Cruz, California
President Obama has been training the Syrian rebels in the use of Manpads for months.

"WASHINGTON — White House officials refused to comment Friday on a Los Angeles Times report that CIA operatives and U.S. special operations troops have been secretly training Syrian rebels with anti-tank and anti-aircraft weapons since late last year, saying only that the U.S. had increased its assistance to the rebellion.

The covert U.S. training at bases in Jordan and Turkey began months before President Obama approved plans to begin directly arming the opposition to Syrian President Bashar Assad, according to U.S. officials and rebel commanders...."

http://www.latimes.com/news/world/wo...,6346686.story

And now the Syrian rebels have manpads in their possession. Here's the video:

FSA pose with new high tech weapons - YouTube

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
PICS -container ship carrying weapons for Syrian rebels splits in half/sinks

'MOL Comfort sank due to yet unclear reasons, sailing from Singapore to Jeddah and after that to North Europe, leaving behind hundreds of drifting containers and a huge aftershock hitting liner sector and all of the maritime industry.

Even the scale of the consequences is hard, impossible, to estimate, not to mention consequences themselves. This is the 1st case in liner sector, when modern ocean-going liner container vessel (built in Japan!) sank in the ocean after breaking in 2 parts, like a poorly built and managed bulk carrier or over aged coaster. Nothing like this ever occurred, and no one believed it was possible, even theoretically. It just could not happen, but still, here it is.'

http://www.vesselfinder.com/news/1223-UP...mfort-Sank
h/t http://lunaticoutpost.com/Topic-con...eapons-for-Syrian-rebels-splits-in-half-sinks

Favorite