U.S. soldier kills up to 16 Afghan civilians

Ariadne

Council Member
Aug 7, 2006
Sure he had a head injury ... he bumped his head on a vehicle when he was getting out of it. I think everyone in the world has that "head injury".

"An official told ABC News that the soldier has suffered a mild traumatic brain injury (TBI) in the past, either from hitting his head on the hatch of a vehicle or in a car accident. He went through the advanced TBI treatment at Fort Lewis and was deemed to be fine."

http://abcnews.go.com/International...ssacre-brain-injury-marital/story?id=15900289

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
So I guess the man that went on a home-invastion style murderous rampage in the middle of the night, slaughtering small children, amongst others, has been protected by the US and will not be prosecuted for his crimes by the people he slaughtered. I wonder what would happen if a US murderer disguised as a soldeir came to Canada and did the same thing ... would the US grab their man and sneak him out of the country so that Canadians could not have justice? I think it's rather disgusting that mass murderers that are born in the US and commit their crimes in foreign countries are protected by their government.

Are you referring to this Soldier or how many others are you aware of?

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Sure he had a head injury ... he bumped his head on a vehicle when he was getting out of it. I think everyone in the world has that "head injury".
Your's seems far more severe than his...

U.S. official said that during a recent tour of duty in Iraq, the suspect suffered a head injury in a traffic accident. The official spoke on condition of anonymity because the matter is under investigation. The vehicle accident was not a combat-related event, the official said. There was no available indication about the extent of the injury, or whether his injury could be linked to any abnormal behaviour afterward.

But don't let that stop your head injury from making up whatever you like, to suit your imagination.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving

"An official told ABC News that the soldier has suffered a mild traumatic brain injury (TBI) in the past, either from hitting his head on the hatch of a vehicle or in a car accident. He went through the advanced TBI treatment at Fort Lewis and was deemed to be fine."

Soldier Held in Afghan Civilian Massacre Had Brain Injury, Marital Problems - ABC News

Are you aware of the massive trauma inflicted on a body that hits an IED?

Ariadne

Council Member
Aug 7, 2006
Are you referring to this Soldier or how many others are you aware of?

I'm only talking about the mass murderer that "underwent mental health screening necessary to become a sniper and passed in 2008. He had routine behavioral health screening after that and was cleared". This particular murderer was not acting as a soldier, he was nothing more than a routine murderer that should have been prosecuted by the people he harmed ... in Afghanistan.

How does one accidentally burn a bunch of religious books!

Are you aware of the massive trauma inflicted on a body that hits an IED?

He had full physical and psychological testing and he was completely cleared.

Did he hit an IED? I don't think that happened.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I'm only talking about the mass murderer that "underwent mental health screening necessary to become a sniper and passed in 2008. He had routine behavioral health screening after that and was cleared". This particular murderer was not acting as a soldier, he was nothing more than a routine murderer that should have been prosecuted by the people he harmed ... in Afghanistan.
Who received a head injury, in a traffic accident.

Have a plate in my head, from a traffic accident in a military vehicle, I can assure you, it isn't like a civilian vehicle, in the most remotest sense.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
What does that have to do with this case?

In 2008, he received a head injury after that.

At least my bump on the head didn't leave me obsessed with sex - eh.
Not that I'm obsessed with sex, aside. No but it left you utterly stupid apparently.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury

And you're absolutely positive his li'l boo-boo on the noggin had nothing to do with it? I mean ... it's gone from bumping his head on a vehicle to mild traumatic brain injury within the scope of one post. Medical science is still researching the effects of head injury. Why not share your expertise? Hell, I may even be able to take advantage of that....

How do buildings accidentally burn?
How do airplanes accidentally fall out of the sky?
How do the whites get mixed with the dark laundry?

Human error maybe?

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving

1- You do not know what happened.

2- Soldiers with head trauma are routinely sent back into combat

3- Soldiers suffering from PTSD are issued meds - sent back to the field.

4- He will be tried by the us Military -

5 - Why would he be tried in Afghanistan Think about it

6- If the Korans were mixed in with a number of things - shxt happens.

Ariadne

Council Member
Aug 7, 2006
And you're absolutely positive his li'l boo-boo on the noggin had nothing to do with it? I mean ... it's gone from bumping his head on a vehicle to mild traumatic brain injury within the scope of one post. Medical science is still researching the effects of head injury. Why not share your expertise? Hell, I may even be able to take advantage of that....

How do buildings accidentally burn?
How do airplanes accidentally fall out of the sky?
How do the whites get mixed with the dark laundry?

Human error maybe?

If he had a head injury that was so significant that it would excuse a murderous rampage, he should have been discharged. The fact that he successfully completed all physical and psychological tests after the head injury indicates that this "head injury" was not significant enough to warrant any concerns. It sounds like a post-event excuse.

Regarding the book burning, if a pile of bibles was going to be set on fire, would you believe that the person starting the fire was completely oblivious to the fact that they were bibles? I wouldn't.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
At the risk of snide and sarcastic remarks from the peanut gallery: I have had a severe head trauma from being hit by a logging truck who was traveling at 90 km/hr and I have never come close to wanting to kill anybody.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
So I guess the man that went on a home-invastion style murderous rampage in the middle of the night, slaughtering small children, amongst others, has been protected by the US and will not be prosecuted for his crimes by the people he slaughtered. I wonder what would happen if a US murderer disguised as a soldeir came to Canada and did the same thing ... would the US grab their man and sneak him out of the country so that Canadians could not have justice? I think it's rather disgusting that mass murderers that are born in the US and commit their crimes in foreign countries are protected by their government.

U.S. Secretary of Defence Leon Panetta said the soldier may face capital charges

That's protection?

Now everything else that I read in that article about this incident is prefaced with things like "officials spoke on condition of anonymity" which usually means they're still investigating and they haven't laid charges yet. The police do it here all the time, frankly I sometimes wonder why they bother even holding a press conference they reveal so little.

Ariadne

Council Member
Aug 7, 2006
At the risk of snide and sarcastic remarks from the peanut gallery: I have had a severe head trauma from being hit by a logging truck who was traveling at 90 km/hr and I have never come close to wanting to kill anybody.

That sounds about right. Hockey players, cyclists, car accident victims ... the list goes on and on .. and if any one of those people with a bump on the head went on a murderous rampage, the head injury wouldn't make any difference when it came to prosecution. It's like rapists that claim, after they've been caught, that they had an unfortunate childhood. It makes no difference.