Two years into the Trudeau 2.0 Minority Term, which day will Justin call the election that only he wants?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Trudeau got elected, didn't he?

lol

hell if I know
except if there's a will there's a way
Once you show ID your name is struck odd off the voter list and you get 1 ballot. If you tried to stuff the box the ballot numbers wouldnt be consecutive nor would they match the number struck from the voter list. Its gotta balance.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Despite all the negative headlines, despite all the controversy surrounding China’s interference, Justin Trudeau’s Liberals still lead in the latest national poll.

Sure, that two-point lead is driven by overwhelming support in Atlantic Canada, but Trudeau could still win if an election were held today.

Seems shocking, but it’s further proof that you can’t ever count the federal Liberals out, especially not with Justin Trudeau at the helm.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Despite all the negative headlines, despite all the controversy surrounding China’s interference, Justin Trudeau’s Liberals still lead in the latest national poll.

Sure, that two-point lead is driven by overwhelming support in Atlantic Canada, but Trudeau could still win if an election were held today.

Seems shocking, but it’s further proof that you can’t ever count the federal Liberals out, especially not with Justin Trudeau at the helm.
Sickening . And people wonder why I say Canada is broken and will never last .

Reactions: Dixie Cup

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
Sickening . And people wonder why I say Canada is broken and will never last .
I don't understand. Why are people not paying attention? Do they really believe everything that's on their local TV? Do they not realize the propaganda that has spewed the last 8 years? It's incredible that they don't. We reap what we sew so it's not looking good if the Libs win the next election. We'll be done! Wonder how many CCP individuals who support Trudeau are already in place in Canada? We have their police stations. What else don't we know about? Is this a conspiracy? What's going on?

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
I don't understand. Why are people not paying attention? Do they really believe everything that's on their local TV? Do they not realize the propaganda that has spewed the last 8 years? It's incredible that they don't. We reap what we sew so it's not looking good if the Libs win the next election. We'll be done! Wonder how many CCP individuals who support Trudeau are already in place in Canada? We have their police stations. What else don't we know about? Is this a conspiracy? What's going on?
Liberals don’t care where the money comes from , as long as it comes .

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
Liberals don’t care where the money comes from , as long as it comes .
Of that I know. But where are the Canadians getting their information from because it really doesn't make sense that the Libs would be higher than the CPC in the polls. Having said that, I now remember that the polls are usually wrong, so that gives me some comfort.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Of that I know. But where are the Canadians getting their information from because it really doesn't make sense that the Libs would be higher than the CPC in the polls. Having said that, I now remember that the polls are usually wrong, so that gives me some comfort.
Most people pay very little attention to politics and only absorb the headlines if even that and continue to happily vote the way they always have .

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Many people are struggling to pay their mortgage & their bills and the rent, groceries, etc…and the other scandals are just background to them like this Chinese interference thing, and the shenanigans by the Liberal party surrounding it.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Many people are struggling to pay their mortgage & their bills and the rent, groceries, etc…and the other scandals are just background to them like this Chinese interference thing, and the shenanigans by the Liberal party surrounding it.
They've lost interest. Nobody gives a shit because they think it doesn't impact them directly.

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau is expected to shuffle his cabinet soon, as a pileup of political controversies and the rising cost of living make him vulnerable to attacks by his main opposition rival.

The rejig is one of his last opportunities to shake up his team before an election that’s likely to happen in the next two years. Trudeau faced a bruising first half of 2023, and observers say he needs his strongest communicators in crucial roles on his front bench.
“You want folks out there who can not only tell the government’s story or sell the government’s message, but people who can really connect with Canadians, who have that kind of authenticity,” said Jeni Armstrong, a former lead speechwriter for Trudeau who now works as an instructor at Carleton University in Ottawa.

While the headline annual inflation rate slowed to 2.8% in June, many Canadians don’t feel relief: Groceries and housing costs have risen much faster. Conservative Leader Pierre Poilievre has laid the blame at Trudeau’s feet, helping the Tories capture a lead of several points in most polls.

So far, most of the cabinet-shuffle talk is centered on ministers who have struggled to effectively respond to those attacks, including those responsible for housing and public safety. Trudeau isn’t expected to change key ministers in charge of finance, industry and defense.

Link above, etc…

Reactions: petros

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Shuffles of desperation.
One would hope....
Like the peanut under the walnut shell?
Cue the circus music? Maybe the Benny Hill music? The sleight of hand and the “Look over there until 2025” thing? Here’s how the three shell game is done:
How Trudeau thinks this’ll work with the general public for the next two years is anyone’s guess though. Maybe by claiming Poilievre is scary, and that he’ll ban gay marriage and abortion ‘cuz that worked with O’toole & Sheer & Harper and nobody called him on it? Sounds plausible….
Or this from a month ago already:

These shuffles make me think of the former ‘Honourable Minister of Excuses’ (what was her name again?) that was caught, lying under oath on such memorable things as the SNC Lavalin & WE fiascos….So they (ok, he) shuffled her out (but not to the back bench) and made her run the committees that she would’ve been caught lying to previously. Crazy insane. Oh yeah, “Bardish Chagger” is now chair of the all-important Procedure and House Affairs ‘cuz….yeah. Shuffling.
1690243862500.jpeg

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Like the peanut under the walnut shell?
Cue the circus music? Maybe the Benny Hill music? The sleight of hand and the “Look over there until 2025” thing? Here’s how the three shell game is done:
How Trudeau thinks this’ll work with the general public for the next two years is anyone’s guess though. Maybe by claiming Poilievre is scary, and that he’ll ban gay marriage and abortion ‘cuz that worked with O’toole & Sheer & Harper and nobody called him on it? Sounds plausible….
Or this from a month ago already:

These shuffles make me think of the former ‘Honourable Minister of Excuses’ (what was her name again?) that was caught, lying under oath on such memorable things as the SNC Lavalin & WE fiascos….So they (ok, he) shuffled her out (but not to the back bench) and made her run the committees that she would’ve been caught lying to previously. Crazy insane. Oh yeah, “Bardish Chagger” is now chair of the all-important Procedure and House Affairs ‘cuz….yeah. Shuffling.
View attachment 18792
See above.