Trudeau announces Amira Elghawaby as Canada's first representative to combat Islamophobia

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
How many is Israel taking?
I just got out of getting out of jury selection over the lunch hour earlier and replied in the parking lot while I was having a smoke.

Drove to work and I’m catching up on what I missed this morning because of this jury selection… just out having a smoke, so I’m not gonna be researching a bunch of stuff.

How many is Israel taking? I’m assuming little or none.

Reactions: petros

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Cst. Sabrina Gauthier, a spokesperson for the Montreal police, said a 911 call came in at 7:10 a.m. from a synagogue in Hampstead about an email it had received saying bombs had been placed in the building.

The email was sent to more than 100 synagogues, Jewish community centres and other institutions across the country, said a spokesperson for the Centre for Israel and Jewish Affairs (CIJA) in an interview Wednesday morning.

Jewish advocacy group B'nai Brith Canada said the emails sent at 5 a.m. threatened explosions, including at their offices in Toronto and Montreal.

Synagogues, Jewish community centres and hospitals are among those which confirmed they have received the threat.

I wonder…

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Wednesday, it became clear: Justin Trudeau’s divisive, identity-obsessed politicking has provided a perfect opportunity for antisemites — and their useful idiots — to attack the Liberal party from within.

A group of 52 Liberal ministerial staffers are threatening to quit their jobs unless Trudeau’s party meets their numerous demands about the ongoing Israel-Hamas conflict. The group sent their unpublished letter directly to the Prime Minister’s Office, though the CBC also managed to obtain a copy.
“…a bit of an ultimatum…”
Among the staffer demands: that the Liberal Party condemn Israel for “numerous war crimes” and “genocidal rhetoric”; that the party both recognize the state of “Palestine” and “acknowledge anti-Palestinian racism as a unique form of hate and work to address it in Canada”; and finally, that the party end all arms export permits to Israel, ensure Canadian arms are not shipped to Israel via other countries, and end all military research collaboration with Israel.

The staffers, who are, according to CBC, all Muslim or Arab, are backed by a Liberal party donor group called Network 100-GTA, which represents Muslims and Arab Canadians)

Their antics — clearly designed to manipulate a prime minister coming to terms with his unpopularity—come two weeks prior to a by-election that could see the Liberals lose yet another stronghold riding, this time in LaSalle-Émard-Verdun.
1724990281715.jpegBoth groups have been unhappy in the months leading up to this by-election; they were incensed over the Liberal party’s withdrawal from Ottawa’s pro-Palestinian Capital Pride parade and, more generally, by what they have perceived as the party’s soft stance towards Israel, and the alleged silencing or reprimanding of vocal pro-Palestinian Liberal MPs.
The Liberal party has historically supported Israel and condemned Hamas — including under Trudeau. Guess which year Trudeau made the following statement: “Israel has the right to defend itself and its people. Hamas is a terrorist organization and must cease its rocket attacks immediately.” That was in 2014, after Hamas refused an Egyptian ceasefire proposal that Israel was willing to accept.
1724990963094.jpeg