Transgender Non Binary Person

Hoof Hearted

House Member
Jul 23, 2016
"Because that small portion of the population is insisting their rest of us adhere to their beliefs. Just like religious fanatics.""

Red Herring.

A bazillion people have died in the name of religion. Name one who has died because Al all of a sudden became Alice.

Hoof Hearted

House Member
Jul 23, 2016
"Name one who has died because Al all of a sudden became Alice."

I meant name someone else who has died because Al became Alice. In other words, another person's sexual identity is not deadly to other individuals.

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek

I meant name someone else who has died because Al became Alice. In other words, another person's sexual identity is not deadly to other individuals.
How many are coming out now saying they regret getting gender changing surgery due to peer or professional pressure to do so?

• How Many Trans People Regret Transitioning?

In another report, Paul McHugh, MD, discusses the fact that adults who have had sex reassignment surgery have a higher risk of experiencing mental health problems than those in the general population. He cites a study that found that individuals who had had this surgery were about five times more likely than the control group to attempt suicide and almost 20 times more likely to succeed.
    • Estimated Reading Time: 10 mins

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek

2 sets of parents in Virginia would disagree with you, you think those 2 girls didn't die a little when they were raped by Alice?

Hoof Hearted

House Member
Jul 23, 2016
"...a higher risk of experiencing mental health problems than those in the general population."

No shit Sherlock. You're a man trapped inside a woman's body or vice versa, you're obviously going to have mental issues more than most people.

Hoof Hearted

House Member
Jul 23, 2016
I'd venture to guess that 99.9999% of transgendered individuals are harmless...probably only harmful to themselves.

The only schizophrenics you hear about in the news are the one's who go into movie theatres with guns. So the majority of people figure all schizophrenics are psychotic murderers....when most who burden this affliction just want to hide behind the couch every day.

If it bleeds, it leads on the 6 O'Clock news.

I've offered up a different narrative on this thread,...coming from a background of facing stigma. But old leopards can never change their spots I suppose so I'm just wasting my time I guess.

Hoof Hearted

House Member
Jul 23, 2016
I can't count how many friends my daughters lost over the years when they mentioned their Dad had schizophrenia.

• Sad
Reactions: taxslave

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Okay.

I just now asked my 17 year old daughter how she views those who identify as non-binary. Her response...

"If that's their preference, it's really none of my business. Although it's not for me, if they aren't bothering anyone then who cares?"

I raised a Libertarian!

View attachment 10546
It is the last bit that is important. As long as they are not bothering anyone. But when politicians get called homophobic because they chose not to attend a gay pride parade, they are bothering someone.

Reactions: Twin_Moose

Hoof Hearted

House Member
Jul 23, 2016
Pieces of advice I've given to my daughters over the years...

1) You might have to kiss a few frogs before you find your Prince.

2) Just because someone is older than you, does not mean they are smarter than you.

3) If a thousand people tell you you're wrong, but you know in your heart you are right...give them the Shawinigan Handshake!

1635021195168.png

Okay. I just made that last one up!

Reactions: taxslave

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
How many are coming out now saying they regret getting gender changing surgery due to peer or professional pressure to do so?

• How Many Trans People Regret Transitioning?

In another report, Paul McHugh, MD, discusses the fact that adults who have had sex reassignment surgery have a higher risk of experiencing mental health problems than those in the general population. He cites a study that found that individuals who had had this surgerywere about five times more likely than the control group to attempt suicide and almost 20 times more likely to succeed.
    • Estimated Reading Time: 10 mins

How much of that is bullshit?

Oh wait, a "Pro Life, Pro Family" website...

FFS...

ARE there people who said they were Trans, who transitioned, and later realized they shouldn't have? Yes.

But I would bring up the fact that their issue wasn't that they were Trans, rather that they weren't sure WHAT caused the dysphoria they felt and automatically believed that surgical transitioning would 'fix it'. Medical transitioning is actually easier to 'fix', which is why mental care for kids with dysphoria and trans kids is important. Putting kids on blockers until they know for SURE if what they're going through is actual dysphoria due to being Trans or something else, can PREVENT surgeries that don't need to happen.

But then you have jerkoffs who say kids shouldn't be on blockers (which are safe) because... they don't understand how it actually HELPS kids, they only assume the worst.

Being Trans is hell.

People who continually berate, badger, abuse and outright attack Trans people do NOT help this.

Also saying doctors "forced" someone to Transition is absolute BS. To actually surgically transition, you need TWO doctors to sign off plus a year of 'living as' and more. I think that someone saying "Oh X doctor forced me!" is full of absolute shit and trying to blame others for their 'oh fuck' moment where they realized being Trans and transitioning is 'hard' and still takes work after the fact.