TKO Target can't handle the Canadian market

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Really a job at target is worth saving??

A job at a Domatar factory that pays $28 to $36hr that is worth saving.. but NAFTA screwed that up.

Good paying manufacturing jobs have been lost and replaced with call centers and WalMart/Target jobs..

Yeah, they were replaced with jobs in the Oil field.. hows that going now, with an estimate of 250,000 jobs to be cut as oil prices drop.. Canada is left with service industry jobs.

Canada, Mexico of the North and our dollar dropping like a Peso.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_MR7tL7tWs

Where is the Government of the People, for the People.

Jack Layton was awesome.. he would be PM if he lived.

I'm republican, but pro Canada. Canada 1st. Dump NAFTA and bring back the manufacturing jobs to Canada..

NAFTA is great for the 1%'ers, not so much for the Working Class.
youtube.com/watch?v=EHUz8ADp2hY

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
youtube.com/watch?v=EHUz8ADp2hY

I'm not a Big Oil fan..

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
I feel sad for the employees. They must be in shock.

I like the Bay. I wish one would move in to our Target store.
nope they've seen it coming for months and months

the shock for the workers was that the idiots at the top didn't and thus made no adjustment

that's usually the way though...bottom workers see it first...the top that fail are dismissive of the bottom workers opinions..

big mistake

always

arrogance killed the company I worked for...the young pups take over and know it all...they ask no questions and give orders, first sign that the company is screwed and they've hardly arrived

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
We can't even run simple cookie cutter retail stores. Like target.

Every one said this target move in, was going to be a easy slam dunk. And along the way stupid dog fu€Klet Canadian workers ****ed this up.

What target needed was hard working folks and this venture would have been just fine.
you absolutely do not understand retail if you believe minimum wage workers screwed up Target

and even IF that were the case which it is not...then management would still be to blame

Yes exactly what I said, we are a bunch of entitled lazy dog fu€Klet's who spend their days at work looking for places to hide.

We work harder at finding ways to not work then actually doing our work.

That's our work culture, we even make jokes about it at work like it's perfectly fine

Anyone has amy solid proof to deny what I'm saying?
Not my work culture...oh...and I'm a government worker...I actually have a job description and need to work at my desk...in fact, I actually produce when I go to work...you must hang with some doozy people...you need to switch up friends and jobs

sad to see people lose their jobs
sooo'okay...Angstrom said they were all lazy and caused the company to fail...they deserve to starve

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
you absolutely do not understand retail if you believe minimum wage workers screwed up Target

and even IF that were the case which it is not...then management would still be to blame

Not my work culture...oh...and I'm a government worker...I actually have a job description and need to work at my desk...in fact, I actually produce when I go to work...you must hang with some doozy people...you need to switch up friends and jobs

The management were Canadians.
& what department of the government you employed with, let me guess Revenue Canada?

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
The management were Canadians.
good heavens, no they weren't...when we're speaking of management here we aren't speaking about someone who decides how their little department within Target is set up...that isn't management
& what department of the government you employed with, let me guess Revenue Canada?
mmmmmmmm nope not Revenue Canada, and since you've admitting to being the laziest thing god put breath into, I'd say it doesn't really matter where I work but I'll tell you I've worked since I was 15 and never in my life found a work place where I could slack off nor would I have wanted to nor those around me...in fact most of my working life I put in 45 to 60 hours a week

and here's a thought...it takes just as much energy to f*ck the dog and try to appear to look busy as it does to actually excel at the job and get promoted

you need to hang with some people who have a work ethic and then you wouldn't judge others quite so harshly

My wife works for them, that's how I know :) :) :)
so does my neighbour...:lol:

she works hard

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
good heavens, no they weren't...when we're speaking of management here we aren't speaking about someone who decides how their little department within Target is set up..
mmmmmmmm nope not Revenue Canada, and since you've admitting to being the laziest thing god put breath into, I'd say it doesn't really matter where I work but I'll tell you I've worked since I was 15 and never in my life found a work place where I could slack off nor would I have wanted to nor those around me...in fact most of my working life I put in 45 to 60 hours a week

and here's a thought...it takes just as much energy to f*ck the dog and try to appear to look busy as it does to actually excel at the job and get promoted

you need to hang with some people who have a work ethic and then you wouldn't judge others quite so harshly

I congratulate you for you're lifetime of hard work, if the majority of Canadians had you're work ethic this country would be in much better shape.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
We can't even run simple cookie cutter retail stores. Like target.

Every one said this target move in, was going to be a easy slam dunk. And along the way stupid dog fu€Klet Canadian workers ****ed this up.

What target needed was hard working folks and this venture would have been just fine.

Unfortunately we have no idea how much latitude managers in Canadian stores had. From the stories it would appear that everything was micro managed from head office and managers did little more than set work schedules.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
I congratulate you for you're lifetime of hard work, if the majority of Canadians had you're work ethic this country would be in much better shape.
honestly Angstrom...I've come across some lazy people in my time but I would not say Canadian people as a whole are lazy... a segment for sure but not most

as for Germany they do not work Sundays, average 6 to 8 weeks of holidays a year and get about 14 stats paid on top of it plus have complete health care...

they have a pretty good system over there

Unfortunately we have no idea how much latitude managers in Canadian stores had. From the stories it would appear that everything was micro managed from head office and managers did little more than set work schedules.
yes that's what I've heard too...Canadians had little to no input

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011

The store I know was plagued by turnover problems. Receiving department changed at least 5 times in 2 years.

No one wants to work so they all quit. Well now it's 17 000 jobs we lose.

honestly Angstrom...I've come across some lazy people in my time but I would not say Canadian people as a whole are lazy... a segment for sure but not most

as for Germany they do not work Sundays, average 6 to 8 weeks of holidays a year and get about 14 stats paid on top of it plus have complete health care...

they have a pretty good system over there

Canadian work ethics is not even close to that of German work ethics.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
The store I know was plagued by turnover problems. Receiving department changed at least 5 times in 2 years.

No one wants to work so they all quit. Well now it's 17 000 jobs we lose.

Canadian work ethics is not even close to that of German work ethics.

No one wants to work, or no one wants to work under the imposed conditions? Big difference. Especially if your boss is an idiot.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
No one wants to work, or no one wants to work under the imposed conditions? Big difference. Especially if your boss is an idiot.

Well those idiots were Canadians

And now Target is pulling out cause we so entitled we can't even take a little hardship.

This was supposed to be a easy slam dunk. Our useless work force has to take some of the blame.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Well those idiots were Canadians

And now Target is pulling out cause we so entitled we can't even take a little hardship.

This was supposed to be a slam dunk. Our work force has to take some of the blame.

No they don't. The best worker in the world cannot perform well with no tools.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Germans work smart, not hard. That's why they can take two-hour lunches, six-week vacations, and stop for beer breaks, and still have the most powerful economy in Europe.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
Germans work smart, not hard. That's why they can take two-hour lunches, six-week vacations, and stop for beer breaks, and still have the most powerful economy in Europe.

Smart/amazing work ethics.

They compete even against the Chines in production and are all unionized.

It's bloody godly

And the Chines work 60 hours a week

It's no wonder they thought they were the superior race, when they compared themselves to others based on production, they are.

I'd think everyone else is useless too if I was a German.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
The government work force is the worst.

Sounds like a nice work environment, mind if I ask where you work?

I work for a company dealing in research and development in quantum mechanics. I am most fortunate and hope to never ever loose this job.