TKO Target can't handle the Canadian market

B00Mer

Make Canada Great Again
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.canadianforums.ca
We should really have government spend a little time every year to review some of our laws.
Call it a little legislative housekeeping if you will.

B00Mer

Make Canada Great Again
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.canadianforums.ca
Initially that's what I heard as well.

But the local Fox network said the lower number - either it was a reference to managerial positions or they just can't get their facts straight again.

Still, it means that jobs will be lost and that's bad.

Really a job at target is worth saving??

A job at a Domatar factory that pays $28 to $36hr that is worth saving.. but NAFTA screwed that up.

Good paying manufacturing jobs have been lost and replaced with call centers and WalMart/Target jobs..

Yeah, they were replaced with jobs in the Oil field.. hows that going now, with an estimate of 250,000 jobs to be cut as oil prices drop.. Canada is left with service industry jobs.

Canada, Mexico of the North and our dollar dropping like a Peso.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_MR7tL7tWs

Where is the Government of the People, for the People.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
Sorry BOOM - can't answer that one as I don't know the political scene in Canada. Better to have some jobs than none. Hopefully, this will not have a bad impact on the economy and those folks can get new and better jobs.

B00Mer

Make Canada Great Again
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.canadianforums.ca
Jack Layton was awesome.. he would be PM if he lived.

I'm republican, but pro Canada. Canada 1st. Dump NAFTA and bring back the manufacturing jobs to Canada..

NAFTA is great for the 1%'ers, not so much for the Working Class.

Sons of Liberty

Walks on Water
Aug 24, 2010
Evil Empire
Really a job at target is worth saving??

It's better than being unemployed, isn't it?

A job at a Domatar factory that pays $28 to $36hr that is worth saving.. but NAFTA screwed that up.

Good paying manufacturing jobs have been lost and replaced with call centers and WalMart/Target jobs..

Should have gone to college so they can get a better job.

Where is the Government of the People, for the People.

You mean Good Government, don't you?

Jack Layton was awesome.. he would be PM if he lived.

I'm republican, but pro Canada. Canada 1st. Dump NAFTA and bring back the manufacturing jobs to Canada..

NAFTA is great for the 1%'ers, not so much for the Working Class.

You really believe manufacturing went to the US because of NAFTA? I would suggest you recheck your data, because they all went to the East.

B00Mer

Make Canada Great Again
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.canadianforums.ca
You really believe manufacturing went to the US because of NAFTA? I would suggest you recheck your data, because they all went to the East.

Did you listen to the Video, we ship logs to CHINA and get back products.. products we should be building here..

We need Fair Trade and stronger protection for Canadian workers.. not these global companies raping Canada's resources and selling them to China and the USA.

I see, being unemployed somehow carries more dignity than being unemployed in your eyes?

Not what I said, working in a job that pays a living wage is having pride.. working at a WalMart, Target, Call Center, come on... a summer job for a teen or part time while in college.

Sons of Liberty

Walks on Water
Aug 24, 2010
Evil Empire
Did you listen to the Video, we ship logs to CHINA and get back products.. products we should be building here..

Your companies ship them to China because its cheaper to pay Chinese workers.

We need Fair Trade and stronger protection for Canadian workers.. not these global companies raping Canada's resources and selling them to China and the USA.

Canadian Global companies rape others, welcome to the wonderful world of globalization.

Not what I said, working in a job that pays a living wage is having pride.. working at a WalMart, Target, Call Center, come on... a summer job for a teen or part time while in college.

Yes, I agree with you, but there are people that couldn't or wouldn't apply themselves towards a better education. You're only thinking of the Walmarts and Targets of the world, the small business would not be able in many cases to afford an increase of base pay.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
I'm not sure how CCAA protection works

They specificly wanted to make sure they were different from zellers . If you where a zellers employee they didn't want to hire you. I'm not sure how that wasn't discrimination.

It is not against the law to not hire lazy people.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
That would be :"peace, order, and good government."

thank you
thank you very much
I'm here all year
Try the veal.

Gotta agree witya, Boom. We got ****ed big time with NAFTA.

Softwood lumber et al.

puke-making.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island

We also ship logs to the US. Mostly because labour, tax and environmental costs are far lower there. Same reason raw logs and almost every other raw material goes overseas. Lower labour costs.
Then there is also the inconvenient truth that the good people in Canada(BC especially) do not want any industry to spoil their pristine environment.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
We also ship logs to the US. Mostly because labour, tax and environmental costs are far lower there. Same reason raw logs and almost every other raw material goes overseas. Lower labour costs.
Then there is also the inconvenient truth that the good people in Canada(BC especially) do not want any industry to spoil their pristine environment.

And that most of us spend the majority of our working days trying to find a place to hide so we can produce the least possibly.