Tim Hortons

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
LOL reading this exciting 60 posts devoted to a donut and trash....

I award Curiosity's Number One NuttyTrash Topic..... in keeping with the recycling and environmentalist aspect of saving our world from emission and pollution and garbage......Heavy Stuff

It's like Tim Hortons has kept your economy afloat and it's delicacy your national emblem or something.

Kristian

Aug 19, 2008
Whitby, Ontario
Tim Hortons cups are not recyclable.

I know for a fact that Tim Hortons recycles. I recycle my coffee cups and lids from Tim Hortons [...] Note: They are PAPER CUPS, PAPER BAGS, CARDBOARD TRAYS, GLASS AND PLASTIC BOTTLES, CANS, and PLASTIC LIDS!!!!!!! The problem isn't Tim Hortons. The problem is the consumer! Don't throw your garbage out the window. Recycle the paper, plastic,cans, glass, and cardboard products. If you look on the lids of Tim Hortons cups, it says recycle. It is a #6. Everything else I mentioned you can recycle. The cup itself says Please DO NOT LITTER!!! Tim Hortons isn't the problem!!!! Be a smart customer. DO NOT LITTER and RECYCLE!!!!!

Only one problem with this. When I contacted my Regional Recycling facility to ask if Tim Horton's cups were recyclable, they said that "Tim Horton's cups go into regular garbage for disposal because they have a plastic lining that does not decompose."

If you recycle your coffee cups and lids from Tim Hortons, I'd like to know how. Have you contacted your local recycling facility to see if they're just taking your Tim Hortons cups out and putting them in the garbage where they belong?

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Pet peeves about Hortons? I love my Timmies! I detest waiting at a drive-thru while someone has breakfast, dinner or supper custom made and sent to the car. Soups and sandwiches should be an inside order only. Save the drive-thru. Dump the sandwich....

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Only one problem with this. When I contacted my Regional Recycling facility to ask if Tim Horton's cups were recyclable, they said that "Tim Horton's cups go into regular garbage for disposal because they have a plastic lining that does not decompose."

If you recycle your coffee cups and lids from Tim Hortons, I'd like to know how. Have you contacted your local recycling facility to see if they're just taking your Tim Hortons cups out and putting them in the garbage where they belong?

Our recycling services had a big booth set up at a trade fair. Dog food bags, Timmies cups, were all lumped in with the stuff that goes into cardboard recycling. They were adamant about it. Just don't put it in paper... it's not paper.

Risus

Genius
May 24, 2006
Toronto
A Tim Hortons opened near my cottage last year. There used to be no litter around to speak of, now all you see are hortons cups everywhere.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
You can't blame TH because people are slobs. Stupid people litter. There are fines for littering. Why not blame the police for not enforcing the law?

You can't blame TH because people idle their cars. Some people use drive throughs because they may, for example, be driving somewhere with a couple of small children in the car, and it would take 5 or 10 minutes to get the kids out of the car seats, into the store, wait for the order, back out to the car, back into the car seats...

Tims cups are compostable in some areas - they are working on biodegradeable liners that can stand the heat.

Tims certainly isn't the best coffee in the world, but it's not bad. It fills a need.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
I tried a tin of TH's coffee once. I came to the conculsion that it's better at a TH's than it is at home. At home it takes a half pound of grounds per cup of water to get decent strength out of it. I love their chili in a bun and the donuts are awesome.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
8O.........Well this thread was good for deja-vu, if nothing else. Nice to see the names of the departed as I scrolled through. Ah, where did they go?

I prefer my Nestle's decaff, made at home, WITH a timbit from Timmies. Or, 30 or so.

Healthy food, healthy mind.......take your pick.

:laughing7:

Hyack

rampant member
Sep 6, 2008
Sapperton BC
I noticed nobody has brought up Tim's in Afghanistan

Tim Hortons touches down in Kandahar June 2006:

Canadian soldiers will soon be able to order that large double-double they've been longing for. An aircraft carrying a Tim Hortons trailer landed in Afghanistan Monday and will open its doors on Canada Day.
Troops had lobbied for the coffee chain's presence to Chief of Defence Staff Gen. Rick Hillier, who passed the message on to the company.
The Canadian Forces Personnel Support Agency, the morale and welfare arm of the Canadian Forces, will help operate the trailer, which will contain most of the selections of a typical outlet.

The group organizes many events for soldiers and staff, including movie and Stanley Cup hockey nights.
Approximately 50 people — including some military wives — have been training at CFB Kingston to work at the new Tim Hortons. Training was a little more intense than usual, as staff had to learn safety precautions relating to the dangerous environment in addition to the coffee chain's requirements for food and beverage preparation and customer service.

snobeach

Well Preserved
Jun 23, 2008
Calgary
Though I do love coffee, Tim's is the brew at home and Second Cup is the preferred locale for a designer treat though at $3-4 it's only a once a week occurance.

Second Cup is a Canadian owned coffee company.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Does anyone else see the irony in that Tim Horton went out impaired in a car crash while being pursued by police?

No hard feelings.... Cops still get a free cup....

In Between Man

The Biblical Position
Sep 11, 2008
49° 19' N, 123° 4' W
Man, I've been waiting for this thread for awhile! They need to increase the number of Tim Horton restaurants immediately!!!! There should be one at every provincial park across Cascadia. Half the province usually goes to the same hiking spots I go to, and every time I can be overheard saying " You know, if they put a 'Timmy Ho's' in this parking lot, right over there, it would probably make a million dollars."

Seriously, when I go out to enjoy the wilderness, I usually bring Timmy snacks, so why not put in public outdoor places. We need 'em. All the others are always lined out to the freakin door. It really pisses me off. All I want is a freakin double double for me and a triple triple for my bud, that's it!!!! They should have a coffee only line!!!!

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
Man, I've been waiting for this thread for awhile! They need to increase the number of Tim Horton restaurants immediately!!!! There should be one at every provincial park across Cascadia. Half the province usually goes to the same hiking spots I go to, and every time I can be overheard saying " You know, if they put a 'Timmy Ho's' in this parking lot, right over there, it would probably make a million dollars."

Seriously, when I go out to enjoy the wilderness, I usually bring Timmy snacks, so why not put in public outdoor places. We need 'em. All the others are always lined out to the freakin door. It really pisses me off. All I want is a freakin double double for me and a triple triple for my bud, that's it!!!! They should have a coffee only line!!!!

the trouble with public outdoor places is that they're particularly sensitive to littering, which is what happens around any outlet such as timmy's

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
Does anyone else see the irony in that Tim Horton went out impaired in a car crash while being pursued by police?

No hard feelings.... Cops still get a free cup....

8O Surprised the hell outa me, Wolf. I knew he had been killed in a car crash, but wasn't aware of the cop pursuit. .............and never bothered to google it either.......:cool:........mehhh.

He played baseball, right?

:laughing6:

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005

8O Surprised the hell outa me, Wolf. I knew he had been killed in a car crash, but wasn't aware of the cop pursuit. .............and never bothered to google it either.......:cool:........mehhh.

He played baseball, right?

:laughing6:

I did google it and this was his car.

The police would have had trouble catching him unless he went off the road........Which is exactly what he did. This was his car: