This summer may see first ice-free North Pole

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Heh, unlikely! But I figure you knew that already. ;-)
Qikiqtarjuaq, Nunavut - 7 Day Forecast - Environment Canada

well...would ya look at that... rain next week, and yesterdays temp was well above normals.

Sorry Tonn,I told you a few times allready,I wont respond to those on my ignore list,if they use you to try bait me to respond then that is just too funny,You responded very fast,and once again....too funny!

The deletions and edits are also funny,lots of losers here to deal with and frankly I dont have the time,ta ta boys!
Money to make!

and what deletions and edits would that be?

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
My buddy up there is totally committed and devoted to conservation and cares little about internet experts and their wild claims.I would like to post some of the photos he sends me but with a few members on here willing to go to great lengths to attack someone....anyone,then I am hesitant to post anything.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
My buddy up there is totally committed and devoted to conservation and cares little about internet experts and their wild claims.I would like to post some of the photos he sends me but with a few members on here willing to go to great lengths to attack someone....anyone,then I am hesitant to post anything.

How about that google 'troll' + 'CC' search result tutorial you were going to explain to me? Help a bruther out man.

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
How about that google 'troll' + 'CC' search result tutorial you were going to explain to me? Help a bruther out man.

priorities mon ami,no time for that right now.
I didnt think how search engines work was that difficult to figure out.

Maybe when I'm not doing 13's seven days a week I will have time.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004

I'm sure he is. All I asked was when the pic was taken. Your implication was that it underscores your contention that there is no warming in the arctic.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
This from Environment Canada shows what they are seeing in 2041,

Environment Canada - Climate Change - Climate Modelling and Analysis - Plots and Animations

If you are interested to have a look there is a graphic of North America with the relative temperatures projected. I remember hearing quite a while ago that Canadas grain production is reliant on a relatively narrow band of temperature.

This is what Enviroment Canada is seeing in 2041? This is brought to us by
the same folks that predicted that last winter for the prairies region would
be below average temperatures with above average snow fall, ect...& they
didn't predict this 30 years into the future.

A friend of ours opened a shop out here in the fall of 2011 based on that
prediction, to sell clothing and gear to snowmobilers in the winter (&
thankfully gear to bikers in the summer), and damn near had his
financial arse handed to him with the exceptionally nice winter
we had with very little snow at all. He's play'n catch up big
time with the biker gear stuff since spring, but winter (or
the lack of this year) almost closed his doors shortly
after they opened.

(Unashamed spammish plug here: Riders Gear Shop - Motorcycle and Sled Riders Clothing and Accessories)

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Why are you asking us?

Rule #1. Not to post any material that you know, or in our judgment ought to know, is false...

You break that rule all the time.

I think you want a little badge or something eh. Yer fertilizing potential is unmatched.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
This is what Enviroment Canada is seeing in 2041? This is brought to us by
the same folks that predicted that last winter for the prairies region would
be below average temperatures with above average snow fall, ect...& they
didn't predict this 30 years into the future.

Climate projections have less uncertainty than projections of the next seasons weather. The chaotic components of weather don't have the same impact on long-term projections.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
This from Environment Canada shows what they are seeing in 2041,

Environment Canada - Climate Change - Climate Modelling and Analysis - Plots and Animations

If you are interested to have a look there is a graphic of North America with the relative temperatures projected. I remember hearing quite a while ago that Canadas grain production is reliant on a relatively narrow band of temperature.

Gotta love these people that think they can predict the future. How come none of them ever win the lottery if they are so good?
The biggest problem with using computer projections is still "garbage in-garbage out"

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
I don't why anyone would believe any predictions of climate in coming century based on models... since NONE of them have proved accurate in the past. The fact is no model is sophisticated enough to process the thousands of major inputs. and millions of iterations that make up the most complex system on earth. And that goes more so when the models are rigged in support of a political agenda (AGW).

The only thing for sure.. is weather follows patterns that can best be determined from past experience.. for instance an ice free North Pole occurs roughly every 150 years.. the last being about 1889.. AND.. that the miniscule human contribution to carbon in the biosphere.. 6 of the total of 40,000 GT (billion tons).. all in some form of continuous circulation.. for a trace element that makes up 4 of every 10,000 parts of the atmosphere.. has NOTHING to do with it.

Last edited:

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Climate projections have less uncertainty than projections of the next seasons weather. The chaotic components of weather don't have the same impact on long-term projections.
What a pile of crap.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
What a pile of crap.

No, it's not. Year to year variability is higher than the long-term signal in magnitude. Over long time scales the variability plus and minus a long term trend scrubs out. That's the very nature of an average in a time series with a trend plus noise. Some years will be above the average, some below. The longer view removes the chaotic elements related to weather.

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
I'm sure he is. All I asked was when the pic was taken. Your implication was that it underscores your contention that there is no warming in the arctic.

My pics imply nothing,they are just pics taken from the arctic,it,s easy to tell when they were taken by the sunlight and amount of it or you can just go by the norm,winter = end of September and spring in late june like clockwork.

Some new pics of the polars he was talking about.

Lots of bears!

As for melting,it was allways late june before the ice melted from the inside of my cab in the cat I was building ice roads with.
Funny how the arctic gets warmer and colder With the extreme periods of daylight in the summer and darkness in the winter.

Also see how the tundra is red? That is the indicator I mentioned before that the natives use that means one more month of not bad weather.

No, it's not. Year to year variability is higher than the long-term signal in magnitude. Over long time scales the variability plus and minus a long term trend scrubs out. That's the very nature of an average in a time series with a trend plus noise. Some years will be above the average, some below. The longer view removes the chaotic elements related to weather.

A pie chart for you bud.
Hope you got your crop of winter wheat in before the snow flys so you can harvest before spring breakup.:)
Also please dont plan any winter snowmobile trips to Cambridge bay untill you figure out where it is.

Last edited:

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
by the looks of the pics with no snow..... I guess that goes to proving the OP.

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
by the looks of the pics with no snow..... I guess that goes to proving the OP.

June third last year.

The OP leaves out the fact that they have 24 hour darkness in the winter time.

Also june 3rd
Seal hunting at 1 am.

This guys about as far north as it gets and will be tracking these polar bears.
For the love of it and not the money.

Last edited:

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
June third last year.

The OP leaves out the fact that they have 24 hour darkness in the winter time.

Op is talking about summer, so what it does in the winter is moot.

and what did the same spot look like june 3 this year?

if you can't show us, then showing us the one pic from 2011 also means nothing.