TheGuy's repeating theme Threads, that're all on the same tangent, merged here.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Re: What is FAITH?

I see no difference between FAITH and PRESUMPTUOUSNESS...

FAITH in a religious context is to simply ASSUME TO KNOW what is TRUE, when it is not reasonable or logical to assume it as TRUE at all...

Just like Santa.....

Yes. And even completely 'logical' or 'reasonable' events are assumed to be true until the verification kicks in. Believe it or not, even seemingly completely objective facts - like death - require faith in their inevitability until the event actually happens.

And as I mentioned before, what would appear to be more likely or certain would also require much less faith from the participating individual.

Now, presumptiousness is definitely a form of faith, but it's all in the flavouring. You can be a proud, but still modest man of faith whereas presumptiousness adds that extra little bit of arrogance.

Like abjectly telling everyone they are WRONG about something, or trying to gracefully pass the message along.

Last edited:

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Re: Can anyone here state a simple obvious TRUTH?.

Yup you're a Troll
Who is? The OP, or taxslave or Petros for his wonderfully poignant "Pfffffffffffffffffffffffffb"?

BTW, BC bud was the best when it was still grown outdoors. The indoor stuff is just 12 gauge frontal lobotomy.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

Sorry Cliffy. Even SK outdoor blows the BC and even Californian away. No where else in Nor Am has more sunshine

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec

Who is? The OP, or taxslave or Petros for his wonderfully poignant "Pfffffffffffffffffffffffffb"?

BTW, BC bud was the best when it was still grown outdoors. The indoor stuff is just 12 gauge frontal lobotomy.
The OP ;)
hahahahaha

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

Sorry Cliffy. Even SK outdoor blows the BC and even Californian away. No where else in Nor Am has more sunshine

Yep, just too bad so much of it is at 40 below zero. :lol:

The OP ;)
hahahahaha

Yep, that guy has started a couple of stupid "discussions" (can't think of the right word right now) :lol:

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island

There is some evidence that in the past, the Earth stopped spinning on its axis and may have reversed on its spin. According to some native American stories the sun used to rise in the west. So now that I have planted doubt in your mind, is your faith in the sun as strong?

what evidence

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007

Yes, yes I can. Easy, nothing to it for me.
So let me ask a question and see what truth can come of it.

Why are you here?

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007

Here is some faith for ya. If Harper is elected with a majority this election, the Abortion question is back on the table.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010

Here is some faith for ya. If Harper is elected with a majority this election, the Abortion question is back on the table.

Easy votes, my friend.. Easy votes..

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto

a simple truth, if one consumes a box of laxatives one will be afraid to cough

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC

Any new abortion law would be challenged in the Supreme Court which I think is likely to find the right wording in the Charter of Rights and Freedoms to strike down. If they wanted to restrict abortion in any way, they'd have to use the Notwithstanding clause. It's unlikely that the Conservatives would try something that was so certain to fail and so certain to be disastrous for them in the next election.

Omicron

Privy Council
Jul 28, 2010
Vancouver

That cannot be contested in any reasonable way..

Not contestable in any reasonable way, eh?

Okay...

I am typing a sentence saying I am typing a sentence saying I am typing a sentence saying I am typing a sentence saying I am typing a sentence saying I am typing a sentence I am typing a sentence saying I am typing a sentence saying I am typing a sentence saying I am typing a sentence saying I am typing a sentence saying I am typing a sentence saying I am typing a sentence saying I am typing a sentence saying I am typing a sentence saying I am typing a sentence saying I am typing a sentence saying I am typing a sentence saying I am typing a sentence saying I am typing a sentence saying I am typing a sentence saying I am typing a sentence saying I am typing a sentence saying I am typing a sentence saying I am typing a sentence saying I am typing a sentence saying I am typing a sentence saying I am typing a sentence saying I am typing a sentence saying I am typing a sentence saying I am typing a sentence saying I am typing a sentence saying I am typing a sentence saying I am typing a sentence saying I am typing a sentence saying ...