TheGuy's repeating theme Threads, that're all on the same tangent, merged here.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Re: What is FAITH?

So your FAITH, your confidance is in the TRUTH that you observe.. (Gravity), but what you have observed spirtually, you have no faith?
(Thanks for the jaundiced, obese, laughing bald guy Bear)

Is English your second language?

Why would I need spiritual faith if I know there is more than just this dimension of space and time?

TheGuy

Electoral Member
Mar 25, 2011

(Thanks for the jaundiced, obese, laughing bald guy Bear)

Is English your second language?

Why would I need spiritual faith if I know there is more than just this dimension of space and time?

Well that depends on what FAITH is...

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc

The problem is that so many people assume to have faith you have to be religious.
I don't go to church, I don't spend any time praying to anyone or anything and I have
faith that a lot of things will turn out alright. I have faith is myself, in may community
and the future of our country and not one prayer was wasted on any of it.
The religious feel the need to hang onto things like a hoarder, they hang onto every
tenant of their (should I use the word) Faith.
Sometimes I hear preachers and others say God gave me this mission to perform,
Well if they were the best that God could do wonder the Faithful are in so much trouble
around the world. Far be it for me to be presumptuous, or to presume that they were not
chosen, I just think if God make such a big mistake choosing some of them it would indeed
shake my faith. I don't think God chooses anybody to do anything, it is just a bunch of
people having faith in the own arrogance. Faith has its limits though, remember even
God had faith in Satan himself who was a fallen angel, oh I hope that doesn't shake
any one's Faith. No I admit, I am having trouble taking this seriously. Religion is full of
signs, rules and faith that something will happen and like an afternoon soap opera nothing
ever does. I have no faith in it.

TheGuy

Electoral Member
Mar 25, 2011

Is the meaning of FAITH as described in various ways in the Bible, the same as meaning described in the dictionary...

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario

Laugh it up, but the FACT that words represent concepts, is the FACT that you deny.. and thus will be your undoing...
I'm still all together. And you're still incorrect...

Go figure.

Well that depends on what FAITH is...
That has already been explained to you.

Is the meaning of FAITH as described in various ways in the Bible, the same as meaning described in the dictionary...
In part, yes.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving

And pray tell what dictionary are you using - For all we know it could be the Lenin version or Heaven Forbid Mao and his Little Red book - Sounds familiar - what other party uses a Little Red book - I smell conspiracy - I shall take a short jaunt over to my snowy covered, former grassy knoll for deep thought - or until i want a beer.

TheGuy

Electoral Member
Mar 25, 2011

When you see a problem however large or small, do you NOT often have FAITH that you can realize in your mind a solution to it, that you can realize the TRUTH of how you must act in order to achive the desired consequence..

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario

When you see a problem however large or small, do you NOT often have FAITH that you can realize in your mind a solution to it, that you can realize the TRUTH of how you must act in order to achive the desired consequence..
No, I just solve the problem or find someone that can.

TheGuy

Electoral Member
Mar 25, 2011

If you are RIGHT, then you succeed, and if you are UNRIGHT you fail..

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004

FAITH in a religious context is to ASSUME TO KNOW what is TRUE, when it is clearly UNKNOWN..
That's just a repeat of your unsupported opening claim.

Wrong, but that isn't unusual for you. I have faith in God Almighty and his Son Jesus Christ. I don't "assume to know" that God exists, I KNOW with no assumption. If you don't know God, in what ever incarnation you choose to describe, that is your loss not mine. But don't ASSUME to know what I know based on your obvious limited experiences.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury

Do you often quest in run-on couched in grammatically vague and foggy? No wonder you can't get the answers you want....