TheGuy's repeating theme Threads, that're all on the same tangent, merged here.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Re: What is FAITH?

I see no difference between FAITH and PRESUMPTUOUSNESS...

FAITH in a religious context is to simply ASSUME TO KNOW what is TRUE, when it is not reasonable or logical to assume it as TRUE at all...
That's a pretty presumptuous claim.

TheGuy

Electoral Member
Mar 25, 2011

When you speak you generally intend to express a specific idea, I can interpret what you intended to say correctly or I might misunderstand what you intended to express..

What you said may be ambiguous, maybe it was quite nonsensically, or maybe I just didn't really make an effort to grasp precisely what you mean. But then again maybe I comprehended precisely what you meant to say..

Only I can make you believe that I actually comprehended what you meant.. But you can NEVER TRULY KNOW that I did, I can only provide reasonable evidence by which you can estimate that I did.. And I can NEVER TRULY KNOW that I actually and accurately comprehended what you meant, but you can only provide reasonable evidence by which I can estimate that I did..

But in any case I am either RIGHT or I am WRONG...irrelevant of any evidence, and irrelevant of whether or not I KNOW or BELIVE that I am...

So once I have decided on, or concluded, or estimated the most reasonable, probable meaning that you intended, based on the evidence at hand, I can then make choices on how I ought to act, and anticipate your reaction..

If you react in a way that is completely contrary to my expectations, then I can reasonably conclude that I did NOT correctly estimate the meaning of your words, or you LIED, or you are not TRUE to your word..

I do- faith generally pertains to good, positive things - presumptuousness generally pertains to making assumptions that favour yourself over the other person.

You could presume that you will NOT die if you jump from a tall biulding, but I doubt that you would..

That's a pretty presumptuous claim.

Well feel free to set me straight, if you cannot back up your claim and reveal how I have been presumptuous, then it is you that is being presumptuous...

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario

Well feel free to set me straight, if you cannot back up your claim and reveal how I have been presumptuous, then it is you that is being presumptuous...
To what end? You aren't even remotely open to seeing your errors. Let alone changing them.

TheGuy

Electoral Member
Mar 25, 2011

To what end? You aren't even remotely open to seeing your errors. Let alone changing them.

You are getting worse... that is even more presumptuous then your first presumptuous statement..

TheGuy

Electoral Member
Mar 25, 2011

Do you belive in God.. Yes or NO?

I don't know..

Well you gotta have FAITH brother..

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario

FAITH in a religious context is to ASSUME TO KNOW what is TRUE, when in is clearly UNKNOWN..
That's just a repeat of your unsupported opening claim.

Have you got anything tangible?

Faith is personal devotion. Preaching is assuming to know.
And "TheGuy" sure does preach a lot.

Do you belive in God.. Yes or NO?

I don't know..

Well you gotta have FAITH brother..
I don't believe in "God". But I've seen things that make me question conventional wisdom.

TheGuy

Electoral Member
Mar 25, 2011

Faith is personal devotion. Preaching is assuming to know.

Faith is personal devotion.

Tea is a drink.

Bears are animals...

Personal devotion is personal devotion..

I do not want to know what personal devotion is, I want to know what FAITH is..

TheGuy

Electoral Member
Mar 25, 2011

Then haunt a dictionary site....

FAITH in a religious context is to ASSUME TO KNOW what is TRUE, when it is clearly UNKNOWN..
That's just a repeat of your unsupported opening claim.

Have you got anything tangible?}

Tell me what FAITH is, and lets see if its NOT exactly what I said it is..

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario

Tell me what FAITH is, and lets see if its NOT exactly what I said it is..
I already provided you with a link to a dictionary. What parts were you having difficulty with?

The word "acceptance" where you replaced it with "assumption"?

TheGuy

Electoral Member
Mar 25, 2011

I don't care what the Dictionary says...

What matters is what an actual religious person who claims to have FAITH, says FAITH is...

And is it any different than what I described..

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario

I don't care what the Dictionary says...

What matters is what an actual religious person who claims to have FAITH, says FAITH is...
Oh, so you're one of those people. Like Cannuck and McR.

The kind that doesn't accept fact that makes your opinion sort of fall apart.

Good to know.

TheGuy

Electoral Member
Mar 25, 2011

Oh, so you're one of those people. Like Cannuck and McR.

The kind that doesn't accept fact that makes your opinion sort of fall apart.

Good to know.

So your one of those people that assume that the dictionay is the be all and and all of TRUTH..