TheGuy's repeating theme Threads, that're all on the same tangent, merged here.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Re: What is FAITH?

You simply choose to look at it from a different perspective, and thus state that mine is FALSE..

You have FAILED to make a valid argument..

Sorry, it is YOU that has failed to make a valid argument for ANYTHING you have posted.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario

Thus you have great FAITH..
Not in the context you're trying to conjure. But thanx for proving me and Lone right on the definition of faith. lol.

You simply choose to look at it from a different perspective, and thus state that mine is FALSE..
No, I simply use logic and prove you're incorrect.

You have FAILED to make a valid argument..
I haven't made an argument, I'm trying to get you to prove yours.

All I've done is supply the facts that show your errors.

TheGuy

Electoral Member
Mar 25, 2011

What fact of life..

When you see a problem however large or small, you often have FAITH that you can realize in your mind a solution to it, that you can realize the TRUTH of how you must act in order to achive the desired consequence..
"No, I just solve the problem or find someone that can."

If you are RIGHT, then you succeed, and if you are UNRIGHT you fail..

"No I never fail."

You simply choose to DENY the facts of reality, by looking at it from a different perspective, and then erounously conclude that the FACTS of REALITY are FALSE..

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving

When you see a problem however large or small, do you NOT often have FAITH that you can realize in your mind a solution to it, that you can realize the TRUTH of how you must act in order to achive the desired consequence..

Now I have given this considerable thought and have sent your postings to a friend of mine- A world renowned expert at determining you mental abilities, physical and or course physiological.

He wrote back that in your early years you were a bed wetter - Not a problem, but still it bother you -

Still live at home or are supported by your parents.

Difficulty expressing yourself - evident in your postings.

Feels that no one really understands you - That would be correct for sure.

Possibly molested by a Stuffed Rabbit as a youth. How that happened is beyond my imagination, Thank The Good Lord for that I say.

Suffering from penis envy,unable to satisfy your partner or yourself sexually - Blame it on the rabbit.till cause you to pee the bed.

He also stated that you have fewer genes - no not blue jeans - than a pine tree. is that correct?

He asked me to pass on that the following are what makes up a person - he did not list all - each are measurable on the various scales by sociologists, psychiatrists, physiologists etc.

The question he asked is as follows:

Comparing yourself to a big dog, where do you measure on the scale. He also sent a photo of a scale that you are not to use.

I am prying for you right now. Can you feel the healing coming on. If not slam your forehead very, very hard, and Yell "I am healed" repeat until healed - yes that includes the forehead thing as well. Step by step healing. No fees involved for this.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario

What fact of life..

When you see a problem however large or small, you often have FAITH that you can realize in your mind a solution to it, that you can realize the TRUTH of how you must act in order to achive the desired consequence..​
Again, I don't use faith, I just solve the problem.

No faith involved, just action.
If I just solve the problem, then there is no failure is there. Why is linear logical thought not something you can understand?

You simply choose to DENY the facts of reality, by looking at it from a different perspective, and then erounously conclude that the FACTS of REALITY are FALSE..
The only one here, with a tenuous grasp on reality, is you.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving

What fact of life..

When you see a problem however large or small, you often have FAITH that you can realize in your mind a solution to it, that you can realize the TRUTH of how you must act in order to achive the desired consequence..
"No, I just solve the problem or find someone that can."

"No I never fail."

Yes you have failed to reply to my post - Now put the sticky stuffed rabbit aside. And wash your hands well before touching the keyboard.

Oh yes - another un fer ya - Unright - would that be the same as Unrise? As it must be derived from Upright?

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC

What is faith?
What is truth?
What is reality?
To hold a definition of any or all is grasping at the tenuous.
The only constant in the universe is change. Every moment we are growing and changing, so any definition is only relevant to the moment. The same applies to believing and knowing.
All of it is just mental masturbation.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario

What is faith?
What is truth?
What is reality?
To hold a definition of any or all is grasping at the tenuous.
The only constant in the universe is change. Every moment we are growing and changing, so any definition is only relevant to the moment. The same applies to believing and knowing.
All of it is just mental masturbation.
And yet the Oxford dictionary still defines the words meanings, as it did 2 weeks ago.

Kind of puts a damper on the whole existential nonsense some people peddle.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

If thats what you perfer to call it.. feel free..

Words represent concepts.. get over it..

Thank you, for being more reasonable than Mr. Brain Fart..

Confidence in WHAT?

This ain't fricken rocket science that requires a tome to clarify. You watch a guy build 100 houses- therefore you have faith he can build yours or you have confidence in his ability. Does it need more explanation?

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC

And yet the Oxford dictionary still defines the words meanings, as it did 2 weeks ago.

Kind of puts a damper on the whole existential nonsense some people peddle.
The status quo does not suit everybody. Some people prefer to live in their own reality. Since the government, in their infinite wisdom chose to close down the mental institutions, there are many of us running amok in the public realm. There are many who agree that reality and truth are relevant to the beholder and there are those who chose to stick with what they were told was true. You can chose to say it is existential nonsense or you can accept that there are different points of view. Variety is the spice of life. How boring would it be if we all agreed.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario

The status quo does not suit everybody.
We're not talking about the status quo.

Some people prefer to live in their own reality.
Which is why meds were invented to keep them planted in reality.

Since the government, in their infinite wisdom chose to close down the mental institutions, there are many of us running amok in the public realm.
They didn't choose to, 1, they were forced to. 2, They bleeding hearts cried that it was unconstitutional to force psychos to take meds.

There are many who agree that reality and truth are relevant to the beholder and there are those who chose to stick with what they were told was true.
Better yet, what has been proven to be true. You should try that one out for size.

You can chose to say it is existential nonsense or you can accept that there are different points of view.
I don't care where you are looking at the facts from, they are either real, or they aren't.

Variety is the spice of life. How boring would it be if we all agreed.
Agreed. lol...

TheGuy

Electoral Member
Mar 25, 2011

{To hold a definition of any or all is grasping at the tenuous.
All of it is just mental masturbation.}

Thus you grasp at the tenuous idea that the only constant in the universe is change, which is a contradiction in itself, and further you describe the very essence of believing and knowing..

Ever growning ever changing...

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving

We're not talking about the status quo.

Which is why meds were invented to keep them planted in reality.

They didn't choose to, 1, they were forced to. 2, They bleeding hearts cried that it was unconstitutional to force psychos to take meds.

Better yet, what has been proven to be true. You should try that one out for size.

I don't care where you are looking at the facts from, they are either real, or they aren't.

Agreed. lol...
Appears my Dear Watson that " The Guy" is off to his Rabbit Hole. That almost sounds - No not again. Put the Rabbit down - No not that kinda down. On the floor.

TheGuy

Electoral Member
Mar 25, 2011

Except you.

You offer no valid arguments you just insult, this is a FACT, it is either real or it isn't..

There are possibilities, you KNOW that there are, you realize how to convert some of these possibilities into realities but not ALL ..

You KNOW some are impossible because they are contrary to each other, and some you simply don't KNOW how..

You KNOW that you realize a certian limmited amount of TRUTH, but that there is MORE to KNOW..

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving

You offer no valid arguments you just insult, this is a FACT, it is either real or it isn't..

There are possibilities, you KNOW that there are, you realize how to convert some of these possibilities into realities but not ALL ..

You KNOW some are impossible because they are contrary to each other, and some you simply don't KNOW how..

You KNOW that you realize a certian limmited amount of TRUTH, but that there is MORE to KNOW..

Now in that you are in Error, either bear or myself know it.

If Bear does not know it, I do, and If I do not know it, then it stands to reason you do not need to know it. Thats the way this works OK!!!!
Did I not tell you to wash your hands. Well???

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario

Correct. So why can't you understand that the definition of faith is already described in globally accepted terms, in globally accepted publications. Have stood the test of time and are thus facts.

Again, I haven't offered an argument, I'm trying to get you to prove yours. All I have done is shown you, how your argument is flawed.

I don't convert anything into reality. It is either real, or it isn't.
Babbling will get you nowhere.
Ain't that the truth. But sadly, some of us have less to get to know, then others.

TheGuy

Electoral Member
Mar 25, 2011

There are many observable FACTS that one can realize, from within their own awareness, that require no PROOF, as one need not prove to you what you already KNOW to be the case...

Whatever empirical evidence you have it is fundamentally dependent on the fact that you OBSERVE the evidence in the first place..

What is TRUE is that one can OBSERVE and experience evidence..

Including the evidence of ones own FAILURE..

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario

There are many observable FACTS that one can realize, from within their own awareness, that require no PROOF, as one need not prove to you what you already KNOW to be the case...

Are you a politician?

You sound like this clown...

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving

No thanks reqired, i have ameneded your post so that it now makes complete sense.

There are many observable FACTS that one can realize, from within their own awareness, that require no PROOF, as one need not prove to you what you already KNOW to be the nutcase