The big bad scary virus pandemic.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
I normally practice social distancing on these threads but I will say that while there are no atheists in a foxhole there are plenty of assholes.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
It’s still not funny.

When in crisis, humour is better than constant negativity.

Like all that Social Distancing going on while everyone is fighting over toilet paper..

One person with COVID-19 in that bunch, and toilet paper will be the least of their concerns.

Yet Walmart, Costco promote this behavior.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
So for those of you who think this is all just a BS scheme and it's no big deal and what-fuking-not and lastly don't think you need to listen to the experts and follow their directions... you should be charged with wanton disregard of human life and locked up until this all goes away.

Doing so will at least make sure those people who could die from this all because you're being a selfish fuking asshole have a fighting chance to survive.

Avro52

Time Out
Mar 19, 2020
When in crisis, humour is better than constant negativity.
Like all that Social Distancing going on while everyone is fighting over toilet paper..

One person with COVID-19 in that bunch, and toilet paper will be the least of their concerns.
Yet Walmart, Costco promote this behavior.
Three members of the same family died. Where’s the joke?

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
So for those of you who think this is all just a BS scheme and it's no big deal and what-fuking-not and lastly don't think you need to listen to the experts and follow their directions... you should be charged with wanton disregard of human life and locked up until this all goes away.

Doing so will at least make sure those people who could die from this all because you're being a selfish fuking asshole have a fighting chance to survive.
I think we should all head for the hills .

Avro52

Time Out
Mar 19, 2020
Not to you maybe. You would probably be really offended by some of the jokes made by First responders. It is a release mechanism for those that deal with the more unpleasant realities of life.
Wasn’t aware Boomer was a first responder. Well okay, make a joke about the family that lost three members. Let’s see if it’s funny.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
As of today our volunteer firefighters will no longer be responding to medical calls because ambulance dispatch will no longer tell us if it is suspected to be corona virus. It will be left to first on scene to make that call. Since isolating anyone potentially at risk would leave us unable to respond to fires and MVIs we can not help out any more.

Decapoda

Council Member
Mar 4, 2016
Well, have you all had enough of this so called virus that is going to kill us all?

The amount of people and companies that have all been brought into a state of fear and panic is unreal. With all of the past flu's that we have survived like SARS, H1N1, and so many others, what makes this one so special? It is said that there are approx. 700,000 people a year die from some flu virus flying around out there somewhere in the world. Why the big concern over this one?

Anyway, what is your opinion on this? Do you think that this is all for real or is it all just unreal? Something here just does not add up. Hey, I hope that I am wrong, but at this time, i am not sure that I am wrong about this created pandemic. So, what say you?

There may be some overreaction to this, I think it is likely warranted and most likely has to do with the nature of the virus and the numbers. If 50% of Canadians end up contracting this, and 20% of those Canadians who get it end up being hospitalized, that works out to about 3,800,000 people in Canada. If only 10% of those people need a critical care bed and a ventilator to keep them going, that would be about 380,000 people.

Ontario currently has 2,000 ICU beds and 1,300 ventilators, but most are in use. In Canada overall, there are about 5000 ventilators in total...again, many if not most of them in use. Some are predicting that if they can't slow down the progression of this thing, we're going to run out of capacity really, really quickly — likely in the next two weeks. It is also worth noting that ventilators seem to be in short supply everywhere in the world right now for some reason. And compounding this, most of the circuit boards for making more ventilators happen to come from...you guessed it... China.

I don't think that the extreme government reaction you are currently seeing is coming so much from the virus itself as it is coming from the very real possibility that medical systems everywhere may simply collapse. If this happens, the death toll from the virus will be minor compared to the death toll from the lack of ability to treat people for all other life threatening inflictions they may be suffering from. The government is currently trying to spread out the rate of contraction of this virus to try and keep up with the demand and prevent a sudden deluge which, at this point will likely overwhelm the capacity of our medical system sometime in the near future.

The overreaction is warranted.