The big bad scary virus pandemic.

Avro52

Time Out
Mar 19, 2020

AnnaE

Time Out
Jan 31, 2020
But they already have engineered a virus that only will attack ignorant gullible "arseholes". You know the ones? The ones that take all the toilet paper off the shelves. Ya, those ones. I think most of them are called liberals and democraticans. Just saying! Lol.
Then why aren't they dead?

AnnaE

Time Out
Jan 31, 2020
As long as most women remain naive and can be conditioned and fed nonsense like this and they will believe it, then it can only be made to appear worse than what it is. The media and our dear politicians can tell most women anything and they will believe it fully without evening questioning it. Most women will never question anything. They seem to have this notion or belief that the media or a politician would never lie to them.

Women do really have a lot to learn about politics. I think that most women just are to naive and who want to look good and caring among their female peers. If one believe it then they all must believe it. Lemmings is a great word for women. Just saying.
Yup yup. That's it. That's what we are alright. /s

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
There may be some overreaction to this, I think it is likely warranted and most likely has to do with the nature of the virus and the numbers. If 50% of Canadians end up contracting this, and 20% of those Canadians who get it end up being hospitalized, that works out to about 3,800,000 people in Canada. If only 10% of those people need a critical care bed and a ventilator to keep them going, that would be about 380,000 people.
Ontario currently has 2,000 ICU beds and 1,300 ventilators, but most are in use. In Canada overall, there are about 5000 ventilators in total...again, many if not most of them in use. Some are predicting that if they can't slow down the progression of this thing, we're going to run out of capacity really, really quickly — likely in the next two weeks. It is also worth noting that ventilators seem to be in short supply everywhere in the world right now for some reason. And compounding this, most of the circuit boards for making more ventilators happen to come from...you guessed it... China.
I don't think that the extreme government reaction you are currently seeing is coming so much from the virus itself as it is coming from the very real possibility that medical systems everywhere may simply collapse. If this happens, the death toll from the virus will be minor compared to the death toll from the lack of ability to treat people for all other life threatening inflictions they may be suffering from. The government is currently trying to spread out the rate of contraction of this virus to try and keep up with the demand and prevent a sudden deluge which, at this point will likely overwhelm the capacity of our medical system sometime in the near future.
The overreaction is warranted.
It is also a month too late.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
As long as most women remain naive and can be conditioned and fed nonsense like this and they will believe it, then it can only be made to appear worse than what it is. The media and our dear politicians can tell most women anything and they will believe it fully without evening questioning it. Most women will never question anything. They seem to have this notion or belief that the media or a politician would never lie to them.

Women do really have a lot to learn about politics. I think that most women just are to naive and who want to look good and caring among their female peers. If one believe it then they all must believe it. Lemmings is a great word for women. Just saying.

I'm sure Angela Merkel, Maggie Thatcher and Indira Ghandi (if the latter two were still alive) would agree with you completely. /S