The 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympic Games

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Canada just won their second gold medal, women's snowboarding, congratulations.

I watched a bit of that earlier, just amazing- almost fell off my chair just watching them. Whoever wins that deserves platinum................:lol::lol::lol:

lunarwinds

The Local Music Teacher
Feb 14, 2010
GO CANADA GO! LOL I am sooo happy that we finally have a gold medal on home soil. I am also proud of how the games were executed and how we are setting example to the world. Maybe Canada will get more of the attention it needs.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
Haven't watched any today, but I was listening to the news. Kind of disappointed. Olys seem to be a near wash-out...... literally. Maybe we'll lose one of our nicknames - "The Great White North".

they will be fine, have to re arrange some of the alpine
events, but they will get them in, not a wash out at all,
and the people visiting vancouver, have mild comfortable
weather to walk around and visit the different venues.

The indoor opening ceremonies were great, many athletes
claimed they didn't have to shivver through it, as they
usually do.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
they will be fine, have to re arrange some of the alpine
events, but they will get them in, not a wash out at all,
and the people visiting vancouver, have mild comfortable
weather to walk around and visit the different venues.

The indoor opening ceremonies were great, many athletes
claimed they didn't have to shivver through it, as they
usually do.

I like your positive attitude, from listening to C.B.C. radio it seems there is an aura of optimism around Vancouver right now, which is good, for our own good we want the games to be a success. Okay back to men's hockey, I see Canada plays Switzerland and the U.S. in the preliminaries. Is there anyone else? before some teams are disqualified? Must be 3 more teams, but I don't see them scheduled.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
I like your positive attitude, from listening to C.B.C. radio it seems there is an aura of optimism around Vancouver right now, which is good, for our own good we want the games to be a success. Okay back to men's hockey, I see Canada plays Switzerland and the U.S. in the preliminaries. Is there anyone else? before some teams are disqualified? Must be 3 more teams, but I don't see them scheduled.

We play u.s., switzerland and norway, that is our section.
section A
there are sections B & C, and they play within their own
sections, then top 8 are listed according to their
results.
Top four at that time get a bye into the quarter final
positions, and wait for the winner of those games, then
play again in elimination round, one win, then on to
semi finals, win that, then in the gold medal round.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
We play u.s., switzerland and norway, that is our section.
section A
there are sections B & C, and they play within their own
sections, then top 8 are listed according to their
results.
Top four at that time get a bye into the quarter final
positions, and wait for the winner of those games, then
play again in elimination round, one win, then on to
semi finals, win that, then in the gold medal round.

Okay now I got it, thanks, Talloola.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
Okay now I got it, thanks, Talloola.

I should have said gold medal game not round.

just suppose russia, (playing right now) lost all three of their preliminary
games, then they could play themselves out of tournament, and we would never meet
them. ha, wishful thinking for sure, they are having their way with latvia as
we speak.

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
I did not see the point in starting a new thread for my post. Maybe someone has already done it on another thread but - this is about the Olympics here and so is my post:
mhtml:{F3368F5C-5482-4669-BE81-CC7F330D5400}mid://00000046/!x-usc:mailto:jackmorris42@yahoo.ca
Subject: Vancouver aerial photo - excellent !

WOW -- This is really cool - and we have no snow in the Okanagan area -- only rain..

I think this showcases Vancouver very well. What a beautiful part of the world we live in! How lucky we are to be Canadian.

Let the games begin! Go, Canada, Go!
It starts in black & white and then the colour appears.

You can move around in the picture by using your keyboard
arrow keys, mouse wheel to zoom in, etc.
To get back to the little camera icons, just use the far left arrow on the screen.
You can put this into full screen mode.
Vancouver Olympic Sites and more - Takes a while to load – FANTASTIC photo technology

http://www.aerialphotoimage.com/panoramas/GreaterVancouver/OlympicVillageVancouver.html

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
Vancouver doesn't get snow.....liquid sunshine only.
They got snow last year and plenty of it. So did we. They are worried about tomorrow's snow because that liquid sunshine is not going to be anything but bright and dry. It's going to be lovely and warm - just not so lovely for the events. It was 12 here today. People were walking around in T-Shirts and shorts! I'm a bit of a wuss I guess. I still had my jacket on. It was a beautiful day though and the view from the mountain (on TV at least) is truly breath taking.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
We have to be very careful about praising the Olympics in any way, because if our illustrious premier gets a hold of any positive remarks, they will just go to his head and he'll start thinking he had something to do with it and next thing you know he'll be getting the idea about running for yet another term. So (unfortunately we can't blame the weather on Campbell- in all honesty) we are into the 6th day without a hitch (except the poor luger getting killed) and just pray it continues for another 10 days.

GreenFish66

House Member
Apr 16, 2008
www.myspace.com
Couldn't agree with you more on this, GreenFish. Now is the time to stand up and be proud of our country and to fly our flag high.

Have been watching the Torch Relay this morning and the excitement of the crowds following the torch is inspiring. The looks of joy on the faces of people young and old makes my heart swell with pride.

GO CANADA GO. :canada::canada::canada::canada::canada::canada:

Thanks for your positive Words Movich .......True, Strong and (Somewhat)Free !..With a Chance of Rain (Go Figure ...Storm of the Century in U.S. ..Rain in Vancouver..Who knew eh!)...

Enjoy the Games ..Go Canada Go!..:canada:

GreenFish66

House Member
Apr 16, 2008
www.myspace.com
Green Fish thank you for your thoughtful friendly peaceful thread, it should be nothing but EPIC , Carry the torch of the Olympic flame in our minds, the most recognized cymbal of PEACE in the WORLD.

We Greeks love peace, that is why our ancestors introduced the first Olympiad.

Records indicate that they began in 776 BC in Olympia, Greece. They were celebrated until 393 AD. when an earthquake destroyed Olympia.

About 2500 years later Vancouver Canada is hosting the winter Olympics...
Party time, Great time, , don’t spend your last dime…….:smile:

My condolence to the Georgian luger athlete’s family for this tragic accident.
:-:)-:)-(

Thanks Socrates The Greek for your Wise Words Like Always.

Peace...

GreenFish66

House Member
Apr 16, 2008
www.myspace.com
Good luck Canadian Olympic athletes!

Make us proud!

:canada: :canada: :canada: :canada: :canada: :canada:

Canadian Olympians All Have Glowing Hearts of Gold...Best of Luck to them in their Competition..Regarless of the Results...Enjoy your Games..:canada::canada:

Thanks for your Positive Words Cdn_Bc_Ca ...You are Truly Canadian ..

Peace