The 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympic Games

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
Hey, I'm new here. Posting from Australia. One of our biggest commercial channels is dedicated to live winter olympic broadcasts and hours of coverage everyday, plus we have 4 channels on cable, so pretty stoked. Love the winter olympic sports, made it over for the 1988 olympics. A canadain luger just fired down the track and the crowd went wild!!! haha. Friendly folks you 'canucks' :)

Hi doclach from beautiful Australia, good day to you and welcome to Canada via satellite.

If you have not been in Canada in the past, it is worth the experience of travel 10 folds.

As you saw here on a couple of previous posts, some people get petty and their nose goes out of joint.
Yes the winter Olympics are fun and interesting being that cold weather makes a different bread of athlete comparing to a summer Olympian.

Some folks here are power tripping and took offence because I posted photos of Olympian Athletes in the Summer.

Well that is the problem when forums allow moderators to be part of the poster forum members, there by spilling their prejudice on other forum members and thus hijacking their threads, and that is not fair, it makes the people involved look like nothing but bullies of social networks.

Anyhow Good luck to you mate, in the spirit of these friendly games if you like ouzo a SHOT OF OUZO WOULD SET THE MOOD. :lol::lol::lol:

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006

Canada Patrick Biggs, 2006 Winter Olympics

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006

Silver medallist Adam Malysz of Poland, gold medallist Simon Ammann of Switzerland and bronze medallist Gregor Schlierenzauer of Austria stand on the podium during the medal ceremony for the men's ski jumping individual normal hill competition during the Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympics in Whistler, British Columbia February 13, 2010. REUTERS/Kai Pfaffenbach (CANADA - Tags: SPORT OLYMPICS SKI JUMPING)
Previous 16 of 120 Next

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006

Welcome Poles and indigenous performers stand behind athletes and members of Georgia's delegation, wearing black armbands and scarves in memory of compatriot Nodar Kumaritashvili who died after flying off the Olympic luge track, as they attend the opening ceremony for the Vancouver Winter Olympics.

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
Athletes and members of Georgia's delegation wear black armbands and scarves in memory of Nodar Kumaritashvili who died after flying off the Olympic luge track, as they attend the opening ceremony for the Vancouver Winter Olympics at BC place in Vancouve.

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006

Fans cheer during the preshow prior to the Opening Ceremony of the 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympics at BC Place on February 12, 2010 in Vancouver, Canada.

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006

A snowboarder flies thru the Olympic Rings during the Opening Ceremony of the 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympics at BC Place on February 12, 2010 in Vancouver, Canada.

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006

Canadian fan David Scott waits for the start of the opening ceremony of the Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympics, February 12, 2010

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006

Performers representing the diverse aboriginal peoples of Canada dance during the opening ceremonies at the BC Place for the XXI Winter Olympic Games February 12, 2010 in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006

Flagbearer Torah Bright of Australia leads her team into the stadium during the Opening Ceremony of the 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympics at BC Place on February 12, 2010 in Vancouver, Canada.

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006

Native Canadian performers dance during the Opening Ceremony of the 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympics at BC Place on February 12, 2010 in Vancouver, Canada.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Hi Socrates - It's very nice of you to be so thoughtful as to give all the other posters a blow by blow account of every mnute of the Olympics. I think we all pretty well have T.V.s who are interested in seeing it, so if you like you can spend more time enjoying the Olympics and save wear and tear on your typing fingers. We appreciate the thoughtfulness and hope you continue to enjoy the Olympics.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
JLM has a point, Socrates, but thank you so much for the thought and I have to say that still photo of the snowboarder jumping through the Olympic Rings is almost better than seeing it live. Enjoy the games and good luck to all the Greek athletes.

GO CANADA, GO! :canada:

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Canada got a silver any golds yet?

Jenn Heil took Silver in the Women's Moguls last night. Her run was absolutely spectacular and she deserves much praise. She missed Gold by a matter of seconds as is the case in many of these events.

It is not the color of the medal that counts to me, liberalman, it is the fact that they have given it their very best. I cannot ask anything mnore of them.

“Of course, I wanted gold but I won silver,” said Heil. “I’m so proud of the performance. I felt I was standing on the shoulders of so many Canadians. I felt like I had wings on my back. This is Canada’s medal. From coast to coast, all the messages I’ve received, I got a little picture of myself on the podium, it’s been from Toronto to Tofino to Newfoundland.”

GO, CANADA, GO! :canada: